• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some Republicans want to oust a Muslim doctor from his GOP leadership role — because he’s Muslim

For my part love people trying to pretend that Islam is not bigoted, anti-gay, and supremely misogynistic.

Did you happen to notice that you could substitute "Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity" for "Muslim" in that sentence and be correct?

rEqually adorable are those who pretend that Muslims are a race and that the Muslim Brotherhood has nothing - nothing I tell you! - to do with continual violence against Christians in the Near East

Did you happen to notice that the level of violence against "Christians" in the Middle East is actually lower than the level of violence against "Muslims" in the Middle East?

To deny the Democratic leadership in the integration of the south and the enfranchisement of its' African American population is dishonest.

And your point would be - what?

I mean it's not as if we don't EXPECT that politicians will be dishonest or anything - right?

Quite familiar, I taught it for years.

More moderate integration continued at a steady pace, and more schools were desegregated during Nixon's first term in office than in all previous administrations combined.
https://www.apstudynotes.org/us-hist...mestic-issues/

Used to find confirmation of that on the PBS American Experience site, but they are hiding that fact better and better all the time.

You might also find "School Segregation Is Not a Myth" interesting.

BTW, that "more schools" bit is rather misleading, since (effectively) none were desegregated previously and also since, once the majority of the schools had been desegregated it became almost impossible to re-desegregate them again hence the number of schools that could potentially be desegregated dropped.

Very true. Not all Muslims are anti-gay. But Islam is - would you deny it?

Not in the least.

On the other hand, not all "Christians" are anti-gay, but "Christianity" is - would you deny that?

Very curious how many "some Republicans" actually is. Based on the article, its 1 and an unnamed number of "supporters", who may or may not actually exist.

That's typical of WAPO but apparently the story is true. O'Brien did not want the guy removed because he was Muslim though, but because he was 'promoting Sharia Law and being affiliated with terrorist groups. However, most think that her accusations are not provable so most or all Republicans are opposing her petition. Whether there is a 'small group of supporters' for her petition is definitely in question.

Also, if O'Brien was Democrat, I'm pretty sure this would be a non story.

I actually don't know the Quran, so I can't say how anti-gay they might be. I do know the Bible though, and there are some anti-gay verses in it that Christians who are homophobic love to quote. I will admit that Islam seems to be much more dominated by conservatives than Christianity and homophobia is stronger and more widespread.

In many Islamic states gay behaviour is punished by death. Read this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/27/gay-relationships-still-criminalised-countries-report

I don't think 'homophobia' quite meets the case - try another term like 'judicial murder'.'

Did you happen to notice that you could substitute "Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity" for "Muslim" in that sentence and be correct?

Did you happen to notice that the level of violence against "Christians" in the Middle East is actually lower than the level of violence against "Muslims" in the Middle East?

Sure violence against Christians in Iraq, for example, has diminished. This is a reult of the fact that a once thriing Christin community has been all but obliterated; those Christians left alive have been driven into exile.

Sure 'Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity' condemns gay acts. But it is not in a position where it can eecute homosexuals- Unlike the rulers of several Islamic states - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/27/gay-relationships-still-criminalised-countries-report

Not in the least.

On the other hand, not all "Christians" are anti-gay, but "Christianity" is - would you deny that?

Again - fortunately for all of us Christians are no longer able to dictate the laws under which we live - or die. If I had been around in Mary Tudor's England I would have burnt for heresy. In the civilised world we had a long and difficult enlightment and drove the religious zealots from power. Nothing comparable has happened in the Islamic world.

Got any non-fake news sources for that malarky?

Fake news is nothing more than code for news Republicans don’t want to believe.

Case in point would be the numerous examples of Republicans like Steve King and Louie Gohmert, as well as Trump’s claim that there are “good” Neo Nazis and Neo Confederates.

That's typical of WAPO but apparently the story is true. O'Brien did not want the guy removed because he was Muslim though, but because he was 'promoting Sharia Law and being affiliated with terrorist groups. However, most think that her accusations are not provable so most or all Republicans are opposing her petition. Whether there is a 'small group of supporters' for her petition is definitely in question.

Also, if O'Brien was Democrat, I'm pretty sure this would be a non story.
You are right. It would be a non-story. Because liberals don't tend to associate Muslims with Sharia law. Conservatives do. They also ignore the clear associations between the look at my khakis and polo uniforms and... Running people over with their cars, or shooting up black churches, or synagogues...

We see what you're choosing to complain and find long winded disassociation for...

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Fake news is nothing more than code for news Republicans don’t want to believe.

Case in point would be the numerous examples of Republicans like Steve King and Louie Gohmert, as well as Trump’s claim that there are “good” Neo Nazis and Neo Confederates.
Epic fail. Sources? Non fake news sources, please.

Very curious how many "some Republicans" actually is. Based on the article, its 1 and an unnamed number of "supporters", who may or may not actually exist.

Trump would certainly have to be included as a supporter, so that makes at least two. And of course, some of those supporters Trump refers to as "very fine people" would definitely support this.

Surely you're not going to try and tell me these Christian Republicans, some of whom are "very fine people" according to Trump, are for Muslims holding positions in the Republican party?

a2668b92-7c26-4736-b568-feb08d471e03-ax098_4a00_9.jpg

So clearly there are many Republicans who would support this.

Last edited:
Sure violence against Christians in Iraq, for example, has diminished. This is a reult of the fact that a once thriing Christin community has been all but obliterated; those Christians left alive have been driven into exile.

Sure 'Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity' condemns gay acts. But it is not in a position where it can eecute homosexuals- Unlike the rulers of several Islamic states - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/27/gay-relationships-still-criminalised-countries-report

Both true, and both equally ignore the fact that you could substitute "Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity" for "Muslim" in the sentence "For my part love people trying to pretend that Islam is not bigoted, anti-gay, and supremely misogynistic." without changing the fact that it is true.

Again - fortunately for all of us Christians are no longer able to dictate the laws under which we live - or die. If I had been around in Mary Tudor's England I would have burnt for heresy. In the civilised world we had a long and difficult enlightment and drove the religious zealots from power. Nothing comparable has happened in the Islamic world.

That is (to a great extent) true.

Not only that, but there appears to be a growing number of Muslims who think that it is time for a "Muslim Reformation" on the order of the one that started for Christianity in 16th-century Europe. You might not have noticed it, but that thought is as strongly resisted by "The Established Muslim Power Structure" as "The Established Christian Power Structure" resisted a "Reformation" of Christianity.

Yeah it’s probably a liberal who scrubbed their Facebook and made a new one with Pepe memes

That's back when we had a northern democratic wing and a southern, bigoted democratic wing of the party. We offloaded the later onto the GOP when we had LBJ sign the civil rights act and Nixon instituted the GOP's Southern strategy to snatch up that bigot wing. Enjoy!

Except all of that is total fiction but ok

Back
Top Bottom