• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some pterosaurs had colorful plumage

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Studies suggest that they had feathers that evolved before the dinosaurs & are found in birds as well as pterosaurs.

A very well preserved skull of Tupandactylus imperator where soft tissue was preserved shows the presence of the color-forming bodies called melanosomes.

Studies suggest that they had feathers that evolved before the dinosaurs & are found in birds as well as pterosaurs.

A very well preserved skull of Tupandactylus imperator where soft tissue was preserved shows the presence of the color-forming bodies called melanosomes.

The link does not match the posted topic.

I would like to think they had resplendent and colorful iridescent plumage like that of quetzals.

images

The link does not match the posted topic.
ttwtt78640:

The article begins on the second page from the linked source.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

ttwtt78640:

The article begins on the second page from the linked source.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Thank you. I was thrown off by the “page 14” reference and did not attempt to scroll (from page 334).

I would like to think they had resplendent and colorful iridescent plumage like that of quetzals.

images
👍

Or not so iridescent, but just as interesting - the shoebill:

1650639079935.png

Back
Top Bottom