• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some people

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Hi folks,

I have a close friend who lives in a facility for people with dementia. I usually have a few meals with her each week. The dining room staff is suppose to give me a tab when I eat with her but that is seldom done. If I don't forget, I notate on a calendar that I had a meal at the facility and at the end of the month I write a check to the facility to pay for my meals there for that month.

This morning I had breakfast by myself because she would not get out of bed and I was getting hungry. Oddly, I overheard one of the staff members say what sounded like a complaint to another worker that I was eating there and that my friend was not with me. The way she phrased what she said made it sound like I was freeloading. I became teed and was about to stand up and yell at her but decided to keep my mouth shut. What do you think of all this? And I wonder why this employee would even say such a thing?

thanks,

problematic people

Hi folks,

I have a close friend who lives in a facility for people with dementia. I usually have a few meals with her each week. The dining room staff is suppose to give me a tab when I eat with her but that is seldom done. If I don't forget, I notate on a calendar that I had a meal at the facility and at the end of the month I write a check to the facility to pay for my meals there for that month.

This morning I had breakfast by myself because she would not get out of bed and I was getting hungry. Oddly, I overheard one of the staff members say what sounded like a complaint to another worker that I was eating there and that my friend was not with me. The way she phrased what she said made it sound like I was freeloading. I became teed and was about to stand up and yell at her but decided to keep my mouth shut. What do you think of all this? And I wonder why this employee would even say such a thing?

thanks,

"Hi! I just want you to know that I visit my friend three times a week and eat with her. I pay for my meals at the end of the month. Today, I'm extra hungry and don't want to wait for her, so I'm eating alone. I'll be paying for this one, too. Just don't want you to get the wrong idea."

Easy-peasy.

Hi folks,

thanks,

I think I would have spoken up (in a civil manner), and corrected her on her false assumption directly, and within earshot of whomever she made that statement to. There is no call for someone who works there acting like that, and discussing you with anyone else, if she is just going to be insulting.

I think what you're doing is great - period.

As for the other person, I never waste my time explaining myself to people who don't bother to ask me directly for an explanation because I'm not interested in making friends or the acquintance of someone who trades in ignorant gossip.

I would take it with a grain of salt. Unless someone came up to you and said you can't eat there without your friend, I wouldn't worry about what other people are saying about you. It would be a whole different issue if this was a restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom