• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some moderate Democrats feel frustrated as party leaders start writing articles of impeachment

SLC

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Some moderate Democrats feel frustrated as party leaders start writing articles of impeachment - CNNPolitics

(CNN)A group of moderate Democrats are growing impatient with leadership, warning that any effort to include charges that the President obstructed justice in potential articles of impeachment could severely hurt the frontline members who help make a majority of the caucus, according to conversations with Democratic aides and members.

The tension is emblematic of a diverse caucus and the competing allegiances members from swing districts have versus many members of the more liberal House Judiciary Committee.
One moderate Democrat who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss the caucus's thinking told CNN that the speaker's office has kept any plans on drafting the articles closely held, creating frustration and anxiety for members who will have to go home and explain impeachment in their districts.

"The fact of the matter is this does have political consequences and the people who will suffer significant political consequences are our moderate members. In fact, there are on-year amounts of money being spent in districts all across our moderates. For our leadership not to engage with moderates at all to either talk about how they are going to message or what they are going to put in it, seems to be a giant oversight," the member said.
Another moderate Democratic member lamented that the information about articles of impeachment are "secondhand."

"I would say look I am concerned about not knowing what the articles will have in them. I am concerned about the timeline of this whole impeachment process. For me, right now, I am struggling to see how the evidence supports impeachment at this point," the member said on the condition of background in order to speak freely about internal discussions.

===========================================================

As I have said before some Democrat representatives are very nervous and will likely pay with their jobs if they vote for impeachment. Nancy is going to lose her job as Speaker of the House.

Some moderate Democrats feel frustrated as party leaders start writing articles of impeachment - CNNPolitics

(CNN)A group of moderate Democrats are growing impatient with leadership, warning that any effort to include charges that the President obstructed justice in potential articles of impeachment could severely hurt the frontline members who help make a majority of the caucus, according to conversations with Democratic aides and members.

The tension is emblematic of a diverse caucus and the competing allegiances members from swing districts have versus many members of the more liberal House Judiciary Committee.
One moderate Democrat who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss the caucus's thinking told CNN that the speaker's office has kept any plans on drafting the articles closely held, creating frustration and anxiety for members who will have to go home and explain impeachment in their districts.

"The fact of the matter is this does have political consequences and the people who will suffer significant political consequences are our moderate members. In fact, there are on-year amounts of money being spent in districts all across our moderates. For our leadership not to engage with moderates at all to either talk about how they are going to message or what they are going to put in it, seems to be a giant oversight," the member said.
Another moderate Democratic member lamented that the information about articles of impeachment are "secondhand."

"I would say look I am concerned about not knowing what the articles will have in them. I am concerned about the timeline of this whole impeachment process. For me, right now, I am struggling to see how the evidence supports impeachment at this point," the member said on the condition of background in order to speak freely about internal discussions.

As I have said before some Democrat representatives are very nervous and will likely pay with their jobs if they vote for impeachment. Nancy is going to lose her job as Speaker of the House.

Thanks for your useless advice. :thumbs:

Thanks for your useless advice. :thumbs:
You are VERY welcome. Its going to be fun to watch the Dems lose the house just like the Republicans did after Clinton's impeachment. They will have to pry the gavel from Pelosi's hands :lol:

And then there is this from Axios Poll: Impeachment is helping Trump in 3 key battleground states - Axios

Poll: Impeachment is helping Trump in 3 key battleground states

Quarterly polling by the Republican firm Firehouse Strategies, with Optimus, had President Trump struggling in the mega-battlegrounds of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — but in the newest edition, he beats every Democrat.

The big picture: Trump won by an average of six percentage points in hypothetical match-ups against all current Democratic candidates, including Joe Biden, who was performing well in head-to-head contests against Trump in polling conducted earlier in the year.

The poll found that a majority of likely 2020 voters surveyed do not support impeaching and removing Trump from office.

Anyone who supports extortion and bribery is free to vote for the tangerine turd.

I'm wondering if they'll vote for con man Trump.

In other words, "Full steam ahead. There are no icebergs".

I mean maybe a conservative thinks "Don't do the right thing if you might lose" is a good platform, but I don't.

I mean maybe a conservative thinks "Don't do the right thing if you might lose" is a good platform, but I don't.
Its actually doing the wrong thing is what will make the voters throw them out.

Last edited:

those 31 seats will all be up for grabs shortly....

and maybe a LOT more....

The Dems are going to regret the day they impeached Trump and insured Trump would win and the Dems would lose the House.

Its actually doing the wrong thing is what will make the voters throw them out.

I'm aware of the conservative opinion on the subject.

The fact of the matter is this does have political consequences and the people who will suffer significant political consequences are our moderate members.

Someone commits egregious crimes you charge them and convict them of those crimes. You don't take a poll to decide facts.

The Dems are going to regret the day they impeached Trump and insured Trump would win and the Dems would lose the House.

You said that before the inquiry was even launched and what actually happened was support for impeachment jumped 10 points after the official inquiry was announced. Once the election gets into full swing the Democratic Nominee will be able to beat Trump over the head with the evidence in the debates in front of millions of people who are otherwise not paying very close attention. When you've already got close to 48% of Registered voters supporting Trump's impeachment and removal from office you have no chance of actually winning the election.

Its the Democrats that are trying to pull a con here. :lol:

Not really. The lack of liberal consensus and the Republican clown car being fully represented says it all. If it were a con, they'd all be playing along like the repubs are.

What this boils down to is that the Repubs can universally excuse and accept any crime by Trump, in the name of political expediency. The Dems can't.

Democrats do not understand how to be part of a cult and mindlessly follow orders. You are an expert so it is good to see you giving advice to anyone who wants to join.

#looksquirrel

You likely didn’t look.
#ignorantleftist

Your party and it’s Goebbels Media aka Lügenpresse... is making the same mistake now as in 2016.

Trying to protect Criminal Hillary didn’t work out too well... did it? Despite world-class Lügenpresse efforts.

Covering for criminality in the primaries might feel good now, but should Biden win the nomination, he will have to answer... not to an 80-some year old man, but a campaign and in debates about how is crackhead son, ejected dishonorably from the Navy got $83,000 a month with zero creds to serve on the board of Burisma.

EXXON board members get 110,000 a year!!!

Biden says he trusts his son... ROTFLOL... OK... that disqualifies him to be President.

It stinks of nepotism and selling the office of VP... Ukraine, China, Romania.

You likely didn’t look.
#ignorantleftist

Your party and it’s Goebbels Media aka Lügenpresse... is making the same mistake now as in 2016.

Trying to protect Criminal Hillary didn’t work out too well... did it? Despite world-class Lügenpresse efforts.

Covering for criminality in the primaries might feel good now, but should Biden win the nomination, he will have to answer... not to an 80-some year old man, but a campaign and in debates about how is crackhead son, ejected dishonorably from the Navy got $83,000 a month with zero creds to serve on the board of Burisma.

EXXON board members get 110,000 a year!!!

Biden says he trusts his son... ROTFLOL... OK... that disqualifies him to be President.

It stinks of nepotism and selling the office of VP... Ukraine, China, Romania.

What about covering for a criminal president

Don't worry your little head about it. Speaker Pelosi has things very well in hand. It will all get worked out.

Back
Top Bottom