• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some migrants (bused by Greg Abbott to Philly) arrive with no shoes

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Christians.

But there is some good news. Philly will get them some shoes, clothes, food and help their kids get an education.

"Officials said 49 people, including seven children, from Del Rio, Texas were on board the bus that arrived at about 10 a.m.

"Thank God we're here. Everyone here has helped us out and treated us well. Thank God we're in this country," said Gary, a 28-year-old man from Nicaragua.

"Some tough things I heard were, 'I haven't showered in a week. I haven't brushed my teeth in days. I'm cold. I'm tired. Can I lay down?'" said Heidi Roux with Immigrant Rights Action in Bucks County.

Action News was told some people didn't have shoes on their feet when they arrived.

Volunteers said the children don't look good because some of them hadn't eaten in days."

Christians.

But there is some good news. Philly will get them some shoes, clothes, food and help their kids get an education.

"Officials said 49 people, including seven children, from Del Rio, Texas were on board the bus that arrived at about 10 a.m.

"Thank God we're here. Everyone here has helped us out and treated us well. Thank God we're in this country," said Gary, a 28-year-old man from Nicaragua.

"Some tough things I heard were, 'I haven't showered in a week. I haven't brushed my teeth in days. I'm cold. I'm tired. Can I lay down?'" said Heidi Roux with Immigrant Rights Action in Bucks County.

Action News was told some people didn't have shoes on their feet when they arrived.

Volunteers said the children don't look good because some of them hadn't eaten in days."

The Republican Bible tells us to abuse the immigrant and sojourner

In first with:
Fake news;

and/or

It's time sanctuary cities started sharing the burden of their policy;

and/or

None of this would happen if but for Biden's open borders policy.

Christians.

To certain people like Abbott and DeSantis, immigrants/asylum seekers are just animals. Dare I say, I have a dog (animal) that is treated way better than those humans were. Shame on those nasty politicians.

Everyone knows there is no such thing as a "Republican Bible."
I wish that were true

I wish that were true

whoa

No doubt that volunteers in Philly will get them set up with somewhere warm, clean clothes, food, get kids in school, etc.

Shame that these wonderful southern states couldn’t be bothered to give them shoes or even food.

So much for “southern hospitality”

The Republican Bible tells us to abuse the immigrant and sojourner
Can you send me a copy. I have never heard of a separate Bible.

To certain people like Abbott and DeSantis, immigrants/asylum seekers are just animals. Dare I say, I have a dog (animal) that is treated way better than those humans were. Shame on those nasty politicians.
You seem to think that Abbot and DeSantis are animals. You probably treat your dog better than you would either of them.

How does that give you the moral high ground?
Hint: It doesn't.

Correct.

Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces but let us judge not that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered ~ that of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes.
Abraham Lincoln - 2nd Inaugural Address

Yeah, things get weird in the far right evangelical space.
You think of the center as extreme right.

Can you send me a copy. I have never heard of a separate Bible.
I was being sarcastic, but here is a bible that the writers decided to add stuff God didn't intend (if God did intend it, the America stuff would be in every bible) for no real reason

541538_3_exc_dp.jpg

It came across as flippant.
I was feeling flippant at that particular moment, so it sounds like the communication was effective.
As noted at the end of that post, I question your standing on the whole subject.
Cool.

It is my view that much of American Christianity has gotten off the true message of Jesus which was about charity, justice, salvation, and love as experienced through faith in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, not about preserving a particular nation's culture or posterity (except maybe Israel which is a special case for well known reasons).

Let's have blue states offer early release to prisoners who agree to move to move to Florida, bused there for free.

In first with:
Fake news;

and/or

It's time sanctuary cities started sharing the burden of their policy;

and/or

None of this would happen if but for Biden's open borders policy.

You forget that we have immigration laws. Go look them up.

The horror.

I was feeling flippant at that particular moment, so it sounds like the communication was effective.
(y)

Cool.

It is my view that much of American Christianity has gotten off the true message of Jesus which was about charity, justice, salvation, and love as experienced through faith in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, not about preserving a particular nation's culture or posterity (except maybe Israel which is a special case for well known reasons).
That's true of every religion in every civilization throughout history.

As Paul says, there are no laws against virtues.

They are animals, as are you and I. Btw, my dog is a way better animal than those two above, she has compassion in her soul.
As do they. They have compassion for their constituents.

Do Abbot and DeSantis? :unsure:
I believe that they are better men than either of us.

You forget that we have immigration laws. Go look them up.
They don't forget. They choose to ignore them.

We've come a long way from compassionate conservatism, haven't we?

Not that they were back then either, but they at least tried to smile a bit before the casual racism and mistreatment of anyone who doesn't look, speak, love, and/or worship exactly as they do.

Sure there is. It's the one without the Sermon on the Mount, and with God's inspired mass killings in the Old Testament in caps. :)

(y)

That's true of every religion in every civilization throughout history.

As Paul says, there are no laws against virtues.

As do they. They have compassion for their constituents.
Compassion doesn't work that way.
I believe that they are better men than either of us.
You don't know me. What makes them 'better?'
They don't forget. They choose to ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom