• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some good news for gun owners

So American bought more guns last year...but you're just assuming that about 20m of them were bought by non-gun owners.
well, it's not an assumption, more like an educated guess, since they don't keep any stats on whether a gun buyer has owned a gun previously. And we have no info at all about private trades/sales. But such a huge increase in both guns and ammo sales makes it very possible we have 20 million new gun owners.

Great news. Meanwhile, I'm still looking for some 5.56.......

well, it's not an assumption, more like an educated guess, since they don't keep any stats on whether a gun buyer has owned a gun previously. And we have no info at all about private trades/sales. But such a huge increase in both guns and ammo sales makes it very possible we have 20 million new gun owners.

Or we had existing gun owners in possession of 20m more guns.

I don't doubt that a few million non-gun owners did buy their first gun last year - hopefully they'll see the folly of their purchase and look to sell it.

I don't doubt that a few million non-gun owners did buy their first gun last year - hopefully they'll see the folly of their purchase and look to sell it.
depends on how many more riots leftwing extremists engage in

Not counting the Jan 6th Capitol riot by right wing extremist scum though ?
where not a single one of them harmed anyone with a firearm?

Thanks to the DC ban on open carry, a fact you deny to this day.
there was a ban on people shooting others in Indy too. Most of your anti gun points are silly, this one of yours is just downright ignorant.

Thanks to the DC ban on open carry, a fact you deny to this day.
Well shit in that case just ban murder and the shootings will stop if you think bans are that effective.

Well shit in that case just ban murder and the shootings will stop if you think bans are that effective.
It was one of the more idiotic claims I have seen. if you intend to use a firearm illegally, and there is a ban on open carry (which would subject you to arrest, perhaps before you could use the weapon) what would you do? conceal it

Well, for good reason, no one was willing to be arrested for violating the open carry law. I wonder why.

Well, for good reason, no one was willing to be arrested for violating the open carry law. I wonder why.
because they respected the law-which is why none of them shot anyone either

It was one of the more idiotic claims I have seen. if you intend to use a firearm illegally, and there is a ban on open carry (which would subject you to arrest, perhaps before you could use the weapon) what would you do? conceal it
Apples and oranges.

The ban on open carry prevented carnage. Fact.

Then ban murder and no one will want to be arrested if you think bans are that effective

because they respected the law-which is why none of them shot anyone either
No, they ignored laws about trespassing and assault on peace officers. Fail again.

Then ban murder and no one will want to be arrested if you think bans are that effective
This ban was effective. I know this fact rains on the stupid gun parade. But it is what it is.

This ban was effective. I know this fact rains on the stupid gun parade. But it is what it is.
Ok then all you have to do is ban murder and they will stop because you seem to think bans are effective.

No, they ignored laws about trespassing and assault on peace officers. Fail again.
your claim about the gun laws is unsupported.

there was a ban on violence and rioting too, there is a ban on murder in Indy

In my experience, at least, people who already owned a gun, or guns, haven't been willing to pony up the exorbitant markups we've seen during this pandemic. Guns are selling at several times their value before the pandemic. I regularly see shotguns that sold for a couple hundred bucks going for $600 now. Same for ammo. I've also seen guns that are crap going for high prices; gun savvy paople don't want that junk at any price, but a newbie will jump on it. People who already own guns won't usually pay such extreme prices just for another gun. It's people who have no gun but now desperatelty feel they need one that will buy at any price.

In my experience, at least, people who already owned a gun, or guns, haven't been willing to pony up the exorbitant markups we've seen during this pandemic. Guns are selling at several times their value before the pandemic. I regularly see shotguns that sold for a couple hundred bucks going for $600 now. Same for ammo. I've also seen guns that are crap going for high prices; gun savvy paople don't want that junk at any price, but a newbie will jump on it. People who already own guns won't usually pay such extreme prices just for another gun. It's people who have no gun but now desperatelty feel they need one that will buy at any price.

Out pawn shopping last week fo a project guitar and i noticed one had a 40 HiPoint for $300. I had to laugh that someone would pay that, or close to it.

there was a ban on people shooting others in Indy too. Most of your anti gun points are silly, this one of yours is just downright ignorant.

And I'm pretty sure that law in enforced...

So laws against shooting don't work

What else can we try ?

And I'm pretty sure that law in enforced...

So laws against shooting don't work

What else can we try ?
What do you mean the laws against shooting don't work? so your goal is to pass more laws that "don't work"

Back
Top Bottom