• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some good news for gun owners

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

this is a big big ammunition factory. Remington 22s have been hard to find lately as has the lower cost pistol Ammo
Always liked STS and Gun Club shells for their performance and reloading qualities.

I have a lot of Rem .22s that were sold as loss leaders. They don't reliably cycle my Bersa, so I run them in my Single Six or in rifles.

Always liked STS and Gun Club shells for their performance and reloading qualities.

I have a lot of Rem .22s that were sold as loss leaders. They don't reliably cycle my Bersa, so I run them in my Single Six or in rifles.
What kind of Bersa do you have? I had a thunder and that thing was real picky on 22. Traded it in on a Ruger and it eats most anything

What kind of Bersa do you have? I had a thunder and that thing was real picky on 22. Traded it in on a Ruger and it eats most anything
Thunder is what I have too. Like I said it doesn't digest Remington very well. At least the cheap loss leaders of which I have a ton. I think that they are only 37 grain bullets might have something to do with it. I haven't had any trouble with 40 grain high velocity stuff from Federal or WW.

Years ago I had a different Bersa that looked a lot like the current Thunder, but was a single action semiautomatic. I don't recall that one having any problems at all with whatever I stuffed in it.

I had the 380 thunder also and it was ammo picky. Good guns as long as you feed them what they want

I have loaded thousands upon thousands of shot shells. I prefer the remingtons to the Winchester AAs (and winchester sponsored me in college). They reload better. The 22 thunderbolt 22s are junk so I run them in a Remington pump action 22 and a Savage bolt action target rig. Not semi autos. The UMC line (Remington) FMJ 9mm is really good stuff

No, it might be the same concern

Here is hoping they get back to producing them soon. I had to settle on a Stoeger Coach Gun because literally every pump action shotgun save 20 gauges were bought up in my area last year when the panic struck.

Thunder is what I have too. Like I said it doesn't digest Remington very well. At least the cheap loss leaders of which I have a ton. I think that they are only 37 grain bullets might have something to do with it. I haven't had any trouble with 40 grain high velocity stuff from Federal or WW.

Years ago I had a different Bersa that looked a lot like the current Thunder, but was a single action semiautomatic. I don't recall that one having any problems at all with whatever I stuffed in it.
I had a Bersa Thunder .380 and I LOVED it.

Here is hoping they get back to producing them soon. I had to settle on a Stoeger Coach Gun because literally every pump action shotgun save 20 gauges were bought up in my area last year when the panic struck.
Bummer. The coach gun is better than nothing though. The Mossberg 500 or Mav88 are nice substitutes. If you can find them of course.

Same here. I bought several bricks of .22 LRs during the 1990s, and I still haven't used them all yet. My only .22 rifle is my AR-7. Very handy on backpacking trips, but I haven't been making as many of those trips in recent years that I use to make.

I have loaded thousands upon thousands of shot shells. I prefer the remingtons to the Winchester AAs (and winchester sponsored me in college). They reload better. The 22 thunderbolt 22s are junk so I run them in a Remington pump action 22 and a Savage bolt action target rig. Not semi autos. The UMC line (Remington) FMJ 9mm is really good stuff
I don't go through anywhere near the ammo you do, so I don't waste my time trying to reload anything smaller than .44 cal. I reload my .44 because I have hot loads (24.4 gr. of H110 with a 180 gr. Speer soft-point bullet) specifically for moose and bear, and I reload my shotgun shells with 5-shot for ptarmigan and grouse.

I buy my Brenneke .63 cal. sabot slugs for my AR-12. So far I have only used them at the range, and I hope it stays that way.

I also buy my .3006 and .300 Win. Mag. rounds, because I don't use them very often. The last time I took a caribou was in 2018, and the last time I took a moose was in 1996. I applied for a caribou tag this year, but I'm not sure if I will go. It will depend on how much salmon I catch in June and July. A box of 50 of each will usually last me several years.

Bummer. The coach gun is better than nothing though. The Mossberg 500 or Mav88 are nice substitutes. If you can find them of course.
I have both the Mossberg Model 500 and the Remington Model 870. My Mossberg had an 18.5" rifled barrel with an extended tube magazine, and was my primarily "camp gun" for 30 years. I replaced it in 2018 with an AR-12 because it was showing signs of wear and tear after 30 years of use and abuse.

I still use the Remington Model 870. I have it equipped with a 28" barrel and a modified choke. It is my primary bird gun. I also have a Winchester Model 1912, but that was a gift from my father 57 years ago and just hangs on the wall for decoration these days. Naturally, it was illegally retroactively banned in California in 1989. Which is why I have lived in Alaska for the last 30 years.

I have been impressed by all three, Winchester, Mossberg, and Remington. They have all manufactured very nice and very reliable pump-action shotguns.

I have both the Mossberg Model 500 and the Remington Model 870. My Mossberg had an 18.5" rifled barrel with an extended tube magazine, and was my primarily "camp gun" for 30 years. I replaced it in 2018 with an AR-12 because it was showing signs of wear and tear after 30 years of use and abuse.

I still use the Remington Model 870. I have it equipped with a 28" barrel and a modified choke. It is my primary bird gun. I also have a Winchester Model 1912, but that was a gift from my father 57 years ago and just hangs on the wall for decoration these days. Naturally, it was illegally retroactively banned in California in 1989. Which is why I have lived in Alaska for the last 30 years.

I have been impressed by all three, Winchester, Mossberg, and Remington. They have all manufactured very nice and very reliable pump-action shotguns.
Agreed. I have the Mav88 and a Winchester and have enjoyed both. Pump shotguns are the best but a magazine fed AR-12 will make you grin ear to ear.

Agreed. I have the Mav88 and a Winchester and have enjoyed both. Pump shotguns are the best but a magazine fed AR-12 will make you grin ear to ear.
Very true. I've had a prejudice against semi-auto shotguns for 50+ years because I used a Benelli semi-auto 12-guage back in the late 1960s and it would always jam whenever I used 3" shells. I still make certain that all the Benneke slugs I buy for the AR-12 are 2.75", just in case. If I ever have to use it, that is one weapon I cannot afford to have jam on me.

Very true. I've had a prejudice against semi-auto shotguns for 50+ years because I used a Benelli semi-auto 12-guage back in the late 1960s and it would always jam whenever I used 3" shells. I still make certain that all the Benneke slugs I buy for the AR-12 are 2.75", just in case. If I ever have to use it, that is one weapon I cannot afford to have jam on me.
Where you live, a jam is the last thing you'd want!

bears.png

I have five bricks of Aguila .17 if any one knows what that is.
I bought several cases of Aguila .22 works great but it has an interesting odor due to the lube on the bullet

I don't go through anywhere near the ammo you do, so I don't waste my time trying to reload anything smaller than .44 cal. I reload my .44 because I have hot loads (24.4 gr. of H110 with a 180 gr. Speer soft-point bullet) specifically for moose and bear, and I reload my shotgun shells with 5-shot for ptarmigan and grouse.

I buy my Brenneke .63 cal. sabot slugs for my AR-12. So far I have only used them at the range, and I hope it stays that way.

I also buy my .3006 and .300 Win. Mag. rounds, because I don't use them very often. The last time I took a caribou was in 2018, and the last time I took a moose was in 1996. I applied for a caribou tag this year, but I'm not sure if I will go. It will depend on how much salmon I catch in June and July. A box of 50 of each will usually last me several years.
30 years ago, I registered over 4000 targets-2000 international skeet targets and 500 each or so in the NSSA four gauges in one calendar year. Now I only rarely compete but I like the fact that I can get over 500 shots from a 25 pound bag of 7.5 shot when I load 3/4ounce international trap loads. Plus they don't have much recoil

Does the Mav88 have single or dual slide bars?

Does the Mav88 have single or dual slide bars?
Dual. It's a no frills gun but it's basically an economy version of 500. I've added a few things to mine and is a nice edition for under the bed.

Back
Top Bottom