• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sold to a Fake Country

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Sold to a Fake Country:

1823, this guy, took their money and dropped them off in a swampy jungle ill equipped I presume.

Well they trusted in their money (at least bring a shovel) so I can't be too burned up.

Hey, this guy could have been Trump in his past life.

Can you imagine their chagrin when they finally find who they were going with?

Scroll down, you'll see his picture without the video bloop.

His name was Gregor MacGregor.....

I guess todays version of the scam might be something like getting investors to buy into a proposed new social media network that doesn't exist or similar 😎

I read the piece. Yeah, he was a real pip. Would have fit right in with the Trump administration.
I think Trump is more fortunate than that guy, but, think how unfortunate we would be.

I guess todays version of the scam might be something like getting investors to buy into a proposed new social media network that doesn't exist or similar 😎
That's not like dropping you off a boat in the middle of a mosquito filled Jungle.

That's not like dropping you off a boat in the middle of a mosquito filled Jungle.
Fake countries and selling bridges are just so last century. Today it's fake blood analysis machines and fake social media networks. What hasn't changed it seems is how gullible people can be when the fraudster is a great salesperson.

Fake countries and selling bridges are just so last century. Today it's fake blood analysis machines and fake social media networks. What hasn't changed it seems is how gullible people can be when the fraudster is a great salesperson.
Well, he chose a Conservative Christian, but he screwed up by signing his tax cut for the rich.

So, no, they can't have their icon.

I read the piece. Yeah, he was a real pip. Would have fit right in with the Trump administration.
Fit in?

It was a harsher time then, after deserting his men twice, it probably wasn't that hard to leave some rich people to die in Hell.

No, I think Trump was Gregor MacGregor and he's just waiting to pull the ultimate con on us and have the rich pull out on our bankruptcy and leave us to the hoards of the world.

Fit in?

It was a harsher time then, after deserting his men twice, it probably wasn't that hard to leave some rich people to die in Hell.

No, I think Trump was Gregor MacGregor and he's just waiting to pull the ultimate con on us and have the rich pull out on our bankruptcy and leave us to the hoards of the world.
Are you sure you aren't talking about Joe Biden? Between him and pretty much every democrat governor or mayor, they forcibly SHUT DOWN tens of thousands of small businesses like small grocery stores, small restaurants etc for over a year, while allowing big businesses who provide the exact same services, to remain open! The democrats made the top 10 wealthiest people MUCH WEALTHIER, through their unfair, inconsistent covid rules!

By intentionally undermining America's petroleum and natural gas industry, shutting down pipelines, canceling drilling leases, and banning petroleum exploration where it had been previously approved, Joe Biden has caused fuel and energy prices to SKYROCKET 60%, making the middle class and the poor, POORER!

Now the Biden admin is helping the wealthiest group of people in the world(the WEF), accomplish their "great reset" goals, stripping away our rights, and eventually turning over control to a bunch of ultra-wealthy oligarchs!

Are you sure you aren't talking about Joe Biden? Between him and pretty much every democrat governor or mayor, they forcibly SHUT DOWN tens of thousands of small businesses like small grocery stores, small restaurants etc for over a year, while allowing big businesses who provide the exact same services, to remain open! The democrats made the top 10 wealthiest people MUCH WEALTHIER, through their unfair, inconsistent covid rules!

By intentionally undermining America's petroleum and natural gas industry, shutting down pipelines, canceling drilling leases, and banning petroleum exploration where it had been previously approved, Joe Biden has caused fuel and energy prices to SKYROCKET 60%, making the middle class and the poor, POORER!

Now the Biden admin is helping the wealthiest group of people in the world(the WEF), accomplish their "great reset" goals, stripping away our rights, and eventually turning over control to a bunch of ultra-wealthy oligarchs!
You do understand that fuel prices have jumped globally on the back of post covid recovery? You do undrestand that the collapse in oil prices due to the global covid demand slump (under Trump) caused a significant shut down of the then unprofitable US shale oil production? You can blame Biden for fuel prices a few years from now if they keep rising, but current prices have almost zero to do with the stuff you mentioned.

Are you saying I should look for a Republican Candidate?

No, too bad, it's not a dime to what Trump and Bush started running up and what the Republicans did and are doing.

They caused the inequity and deficit with their tax cuts.

A stitch in time saves nine, a little more to Obama, a little more now, but we must balance the budget soon.

You almost had me though, you accuse the Democrats of doing what the Republicans are.

I agree, we should tap all fuels as we develop alternatives.

Go ahead and use it up.

Or, is it? Twitterers are a lot like mosquitos.

1657031775883.png

1657031806190.png

Look familiar?

"Raised by a privileged Scottish family on the periphery of the aristocracy, Gregor MacGregor tasted enough wealth to know how good it would feel to have more."

1657032004311.png

Back
Top Bottom