• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Society's stupid labels on sexy women

libertarian_knight said:
OF course men want intelligent women, especially the ones through intelligent thought, have the same beliefs.

on another note, some women think that because they disagree with a man, or act obnoxious or "opinionated" that makes them intelligent, it doesn't.

Everyone has an opinion, that means nothing.

Intelligence, is about being able to acquire information, processes it and reach the CORRECT conclusions, and I don't mean agreeable opinions either.

-Have a very Merry Christmas.

I don't see intelligence as being right all the time. To me what is attractive in a person and what I interpret as intelligent is a curiosity about the world that delves below the surface of things. And believe me, there are a lot of people out there who have no interest in broadening their horizons or questioning what is in front of their face. Much of the time being "correct" is irrelevant. "Correct" most often is a conclusion reserved for the more simple questions in life. Complex issues are debatable, which is why we are all here, which is why I would by nature classify anyone who seeks out a place like this to harbor some measure of intelligence.

Unless of course we are talking about Tashah, possessor of one of the super-brains. ;)

And as far as being obnoxious with one's "opinions", I don't see that as a gender specific trait, nor does it necessarily denote a lack of intelligence. I have never known anyone who desired to disagree with someone just to disagree, although I have been accused of that before - by men who I could easily turn the tables on and say that they were disagreeing with me just to disagree - if I were so inclined.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Do you wash your pants in lemon fresh Joy? Because I can see myself in them.

Know the difference between oral sex and a cheeseburger? No? Let's do lunch!

Wanna get some pizza and screw? What, you don't like pizza?

Do you have any Irish in you? Would you like some?

Do you know what woud look good on you? Me!

See how obnoxious these are? A woman is intrigued by a man who is aloof because he is not the norm. They are bored with the pick-up lines.

I intrigued neither by aloofness nor pick-up lines. But then I am weird. I find the pick-up lines very funny though. And a sense of humor is definitely seksay.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
And is it just me or do girls get turned on when guys feign disinterest I mean you don't treat em like **** but you just ignore them completely and their all over you.

Some do, yeah, but I think it's just insecure women that do. I've talked to my mom about this in the past and she tends to feel the same way. It's one thing to play games in a casual way or play hard to get to a certain extent. There's nothing wrong with that. I like a woman to be kind of spunky in a way, you know. But as far as men cussing at women, hitting them, etc, I don't think any self respecting woman would take that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a difference between joking around and just being plain rude.

mixedmedia said:
I don't see intelligence as being right all the time. To me what is attractive in a person and what I interpret as intelligent is a curiosity about the world that delves below the surface of things.

I'd say I agree with that. As I am a college educated person, I tend to respect a woman that is also college educated. But what I look more for is how intelligent she is in how she treats people, how she carries and expresses herself, and her sense of morality. If she has mountains of credit card debt, smokes pot every night, has two felonies, is an alcoholic, than I probably won't go out with her. :mrgreen:

You really have to be careful who you get involved with nowadays because she might just be out to take your money or use you in some way.

mixedmedia said:
Unless of course we are talking about Tashah, possessor of one of the super-brains. ;)
Lol... even a 'super-brain' has the capacity to be a bit addled :doh

vergiss said:
Aah, but it's not being a doormat that gets the most "slut" comments from idiot/chauvanist (or teenage) guys. They don't care if a chick is skanky, and doesn't respect herself - that's exactly what they want. Howeverm the second one comes along who's sure of herself - uh oh! If she has her own opinions, self-esteem and refuses to let guys exploit her, then she gets the whore tag from men. Presumably, because they're intimidated by women they can't control.

This seems to be a true statement.....or at least it would be with one small Change:

"then she gets the whore tag from BOYS"

Whats the difference between a Man, and a Boy one might ask.....A man respects, and at least tries to understand a woman, we fail in the understanding part, but it is one hell of a ride trying.

I am 32, I have never really obessed about my appearnce. I have felt that I look how I look, so I might as well be comfortable and secure about it. Afterall, I cannot change how I look so why dwell on it. Don't get me wrong, I like pretty clothes, I like to get dolled up and look my best, but I have never really worried that I was not pretty enough or felt the need to become anorexic to stay slim. Why dwell on things that we cannot change? There is so much more to life than looks.

Until now......I am worried about aging and getting lines, and the above statement, I keep trying to tell myself. Somehow, looking old does make me a bit insecure. I feel young at heart so, therefore I don't want to look old. I know pretty shallow huh.

Tashah said:
Lol... even a 'super-brain' has the capacity to be a bit addled :doh

Oh, sure, be humble, too, why don't ya. :2wave:

mixedmedia said:
Oh, sure, be humble, too, why don't ya. :2wave:
Dearest sister, you also possess every tool of success and humility... is a blessed bond we share.

A teacher in Israel once whispered in my ear... 'Marat Tashah, it is not what you have so much as it is how you use what you have.'

Truly.

Tashah said:
Dearest sister, you also possess every tool of success and humility... is a blessed bond we share.

A teacher in Israel once whispered in my ear... 'Marat Tashah, it is not what you have so much as it is how you use what you have.'

Truly.

:3oops: .........wow, thanks Tashah.

mixedmedia said:
:3oops: .........wow, thanks Tashah.

A wise person once said,"Flattery will get you everywhere."

A wise person once said,"Flattery will get you everywhere."

hmph.....sour grapes.:mrgreen:

A wise person (my father ) once said "If you are dumb and beautiful you will only get used by society , if you are smart and beautiful....you can conquor the world" He meant men and women of course.

bandaidwoman said:
A wise person (my father ) once said "If you are dumb and beautiful you will only get used by society , if you are smart and beautiful....you can conquor the world" He meant men and women of course.

What about dumb and ugly and smart and ugly?

bandaidwoman said:

I would say it's better though to be smart than beautiful. Bill Gates doesn't have model or movie star qualities but he just about conquered the world, lol.

What about dumb and ugly?

Mandatory sterilisation. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom