• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Society's stupid labels on sexy women

mixedmedia said:
Yes, you could. For this piece of tripe below......

The real translation: Guys are nice until you stop "putting up" on a regular basis.

Oh, please. You're going to tell me that men are forced by women to buy Playboy, Maxim, etc.? The women in those mags look that way because that is what guys respond to. In comparison, women's magazines (if you're talking about fashion magazines) give much more leeway to the variety & "mode of attractiveness" of the women who are afforded the spotlight.

BUT, it is no myth that the "industry of beauty" was designed and built by men on the insecurities of women and their desire to be attractive to the opposite sex. Which, I believe, is a normal, biological happenstance.

I prefer "Perfect 10". It is a magazine with all-natural women with undoctored photos. I actually do enjoy the Playboy articles. Their pictures of plastic vixens who have been doctored has gotten really old. If you have seen one Playboy picture lately, you have seen them all.

Yes, Cosmo puts plus size models on their covers without airbrushing the photos, my bad. Now it is gay men's fault for the "industry of beauty" using women's insecurities. Tell me more. It is women who buys those rags, are you going to say that men force them to do so?

independent_thinker2002 said:
Most women that know that they are "hot" usually have the personality of sandpaper and only have love for themselves in their "heart of gold".
Most women who are drop dead gorgeous have no interest in such petty narcissism. Beauty has its own imperium which is as independent of the possessor... as it is of the beholder.

Tashah said:
Most women who are drop dead gorgeous have no interest in such petty narcissism. Beauty has its own imperium which is as independent of the possessor... as it is of the beholder.

Good point! Although there are plenty of vain people in both genders who can't pass a mirror without self-admiration.

Good point! Although there are plenty of vain people in both genders who can't pass a mirror without self-admiration.
Vanity is simply faux certitude.

Yes, Cosmo puts plus size models on their covers without airbrushing the photos, my bad. Now it is gay men's fault for the "industry of beauty" using women's insecurities. Tell me more. It is women who buys those rags, are you going to say that men force them to do so?

Gay men's fault? I've lost your trail there.

Cosmo is not really the sort of magazine I was talking about, but point taken.

No one forces women to buy these magazines, but the industry built upon the sales of cosmetics and lingerie and "feminine hygiene" were created by men (and, yes, some women) of industry, these products were marketed to women and over time they came to believe they needed them to be attractive. Simple fact. Now do I think it's ooooohhhhh, evil or a conspiracy.....no I don't. It's called capitalism. But that doesn't mean I have to pretend it didn't happen and that now both men and women accept these products as legitimate and essential needs. I choose to be aware of it and not avail myself of them for the most part unless it's something I want for myself - like toenail polish. :mrgreen:

It is what it is.
Such grandiosity. In Hebrew, your reply is a stem variation of the Tetragrammaton...YHWH. On that high-note, I beg your leave for today.

Tashah said:
Such grandiosity. In Hebrew, your reply is a stem variation of the Tetragrammaton...YHWH. On that high-note, I beg your leave for today.

But Fez....

Fez: I said GOOD DAY!

:rofl

If you don't watch "That 70's show" you won't understand.

Tashah said:
Vanity is simply faux certitude.

And those who are most beautiful are those least conscious of how they appear. I used to work in a hair salon years ago (which largely soured me on the business of beauty, but that's another topic in itself) and the place was covered in mirrors. It was always interesting to take note of who could stand there and speak to you for more than 30 seconds without stealing glances at themselves in the mirror and who couldn't. In my experience, it was usually the men. Women, too, but men by far seemed to be more subject to the charms of the looking glass. Just my observation. Irrelevant perhaps.

Most women that know that they are "hot" usually have the personality of sandpaper and only have love for themselves in their "heart of gold".

Dude, I've known some pretty women like that...but I've also known plenty of ugly ass women that were total bitches.

In my best patronizing tone: "You are so cute when you pout."

Just kidding. And every girl says that they want a nice guy but they still are attracted to the guy who treats them like a jerk.

You haven't found the right guy yet is all mixedmedia. Some of us do appreciate a woman who has their own thoughts and isn't a doormat.

This is so true, I have been guilty of it myself. I think it is a womens way of thinking.,..."I can change and tame the wild animal", such as a challenge. The bad boy routine also seems masculine to a women.

Oh, and then we get into, he is soooo jealous cauze he loves me routine. Even worse, he abuses me cauze he loves me.

alphieb said:
Oh, and then we get into, he is soooo jealous cauze he loves me routine. Even worse, he abuses me cauze he loves me.

I can't stand women who let themselves be bullied by men. I've known so many women who are like that and I just lose all respect for them. I respect a woman that has self esteem enough not to let herself be pushed around.

mixedmedia said:
Right. Every guy says they want both - beauty and intelligence - but when they finally get it they resent your having them. This is what I have found to be true.

So take that independent_thinker. Hmph.

OF course men want intelligent women, especially the ones through intelligent thought, have the same beliefs.

on another note, some women think that because they disagree with a man, or act obnoxious or "opinionated" that makes them intelligent, it doesn't.

Everyone has an opinion, that means nothing.

Intelligence, is about being able to acquire information, processes it and reach the CORRECT conclusions, and I don't mean agreeable opinions either.

-Have a very Merry Christmas.

George_Washington said:
I can't stand women who let themselves be bullied by men. I've known so many women who are like that and I just lose all respect for them. I respect a woman that has self esteem enough not to let herself be pushed around.

The fact is, they have no respect for themselves. This is very unfortunate, abuse is not limited to physical, but mental and financial. It makes me sick....I have told my husband "I would live in a bus down by the river, before he pushed me around".

I also have seen many women, not just abused; but taken advantage of financially. It does absolutely no good to talk to them, they will do as they desire and suffer the consequences.

Last edited:
libertarian_knight said:
Intelligence, is about being able to acquire information, processes it and reach the CORRECT conclusions, and I don't mean agreeable opinions either.

I guess this is kind of off topic here...but I would say intelligence is relative. I mean, how do you actually measure intelligence? It's hard to do because a person might be really good in one field but yet not so good in another. And saying that intelligence is based on reaching correct conclusions is highly debatable. I don't think intelligence is just based on, say, a person's ability to get a straight 4.0 average because a lot of it is just dependent on one's ability to memorize. I would say a person's true intelligence is much more weighed on his ability to use what he's learned and develop new ideas off of it.

I like intelligent women as in women who are good in their fields and you can hold a good convo with them on current events...but what I look for more is personality.

Some of us do appreciate a woman who has their own thoughts and isn't a doormat.

Aah, but it's not being a doormat that gets the most "slut" comments from idiot/chauvanist (or teenage) guys. They don't care if a chick is skanky, and doesn't respect herself - that's exactly what they want. Howeverm the second one comes along who's sure of herself - uh oh! If she has her own opinions, self-esteem and refuses to let guys exploit her, then she gets the whore tag from men. Presumably, because they're intimidated by women they can't control.

Last edited:
There are some women who are naturally beautiful, and then there is the remainder who jump through cosmetic, surgical, and clothing hoops... only to obtain a contrived and artificial perfection. The difference is not as subtle as it is significant. Truly beautiful women are resigned to be blessed, while the not so beautiful are culturally condemned to be obsessed.

George_Washington said:
I guess this is kind of off topic here...but I would say intelligence is relative. I mean, how do you actually measure intelligence?
Perhaps the only way to properly measure native intelligence, is to broadly consider it as a measure of all things in-toto. !عشمت أنّك يمكن أن تقدّر هذا جورج

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Actually I think the problem that feminists have is that it's come full circle it started out that the women wanted to quit being objectified so that they could gain their liberation and now that they have it women are using their looks to their own advantage and empowerment and that just pisses ugly chicks off just like nerds in high school are pissed off about the jock morons getting all the perks and the girls.

And smart is sexy but it helps if she's got a nice ass too.

ohhh, me, wakawaka, thank god I'm wearing a cup

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
And is it just me or do girls get turned on when guys feign disinterest I mean you don't treat em like **** but you just ignore them completely and their all over you.
Depends on the woman. However, a smart chickie on her game can almost always see through this dime-store psychology ;) But that's not intended to impugn either the intelligence or integrity of your ::ahem:: acquaintances lol.

Tashah said:
Depends on the woman. However, a smart chickie on her game can almost always see through this dime-store psychology ;) But that's not intended to impugn either the intelligence or integrity of your ::ahem:: acquaintances lol.

oowhohoo that wasn't very nice,

how bout this one:

If I said you had a nice body would you hold it against me?

or this one:

Girl you must be tired cuz you been runnin through my mind all day.

Or never underestimate the power of being direct:

Have you ever seen a trowser snake?

lmfao

I think disinterest is better than coming on to strong.

Directed at muah just yesterday...

'I'd hate to see you leave, but I'd love to see you walk away.'

Actually, not a bad line at all for a post-graduate physicist lol.

alphieb said:
I also have seen many women, not just abused; but taken advantage of financially. It does absolutely no good to talk to them, they will do as they desire and suffer the consequences.
I believe that abuse crosses gender all the time. Women and men are abused by their partners regardless of sex.

The best thing anyone can do is to seek outside help, counseling, 12 Step programs, i.e. Alanon, or even shelters if absolutely necessary.

Addictions are severe and hard to conquer and people get addicted to each other all the time and their decision making then gets skewed. If they were able to be objective they would stop allowing themselves to be abused but the truth is that subjectivity controls most people's decision making over objectivity hence the zillions of cases of spousal abuse. I think more people are mentally abused than anything else and mental abuse is the most difficult to walk away from.

If someone is beating you physically it often becomes apparent to the victim and to those around her/him. Mental abuse, however, can go unchecked until death do them part.

Tashah said:
Directed at muah just yesterday...

'I'd hate to see you leave, but I'd love to see you walk away.'

Actually, not a bad line at all for a post-graduate physicist lol.

Do you wash your pants in lemon fresh Joy? Because I can see myself in them.

Know the difference between oral sex and a cheeseburger? No? Let's do lunch!

Wanna get some pizza and screw? What, you don't like pizza?

Do you have any Irish in you? Would you like some?

Do you know what woud look good on you? Me!

See how obnoxious these are? A woman is intrigued by a man who is aloof because he is not the norm. They are bored with the pick-up lines.

Back
Top Bottom