• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

social security : what happens if trump wins ?

qmuddy1

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
what will happen to my social security check if trump wins ? (assuming senate will remain republican) ? thanks

You do know that both major candidates are really, really old, right? :mrgreen:

And both spend an average monthly Social Security check for an average lunch.

what will happen to my social security check if trump wins ? (assuming senate will remain republican) ? thanks
I do not think ether party is ready to risk what it will take to change social security.
The most likely changes would be those that will only effect future recipients.

The same thing that will happen if hillary wins, nothing.

We can expect the same from both of them. They will kick the can down the street for someone else to worry about.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Let not your heart be troubled.

Your check will continue to arrive no matter who becomes President.

You know that neither of them need their SS check? Of course you do.

More of the same. Neither party is interested in Social Security reform. That would require that someone admit that there is a problem.

Every change I've heard of to SS over the years has excluded current recipients.

Remain calm don't worry and enjoy your retirement.

Not sure about your SS check but HELL will definitely have frozen over.

Every change I've heard of to SS over the years has excluded current recipients.

This is true.

Besides, America......in her wisdom, will continue to vote in a divided government and nobody will be able to do anything through legislation.

The Supreme Court though, will be vulnerable to new appointments and the new president will have some real clout there.

Whoever wins, there will be some royal battles if the Senate is controlled by the party opposite from the president.

That doesn't matter. They're rich. They don't need SS. Trump has never known "need" in his life.

This is because politicians don't want people to think that there is a problem. Today someone who is 68 expects to outlive full benefits.

Which IMO is complete BS. If it needs fixed everyone ought to pony up. But I know, political suicide to make old people give up some of their "entitlements".

Back
Top Bottom