• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Social Security vs Investments or Life Insurance for Retirement.

I consider myself to be a champion for social security.
Investments and life insurance have not proved to be financially wise, and in thinking about this, I just realized that no one "sells" social security, it is just there, safe and sure. On the other hand, salesmen sell investments and insurance, they are so smart, smiling, knowledgeable, taking advantage of our greed.
In my 70 years as a man on this planet, I know that I can trust our Federal Government, at least in this aspect.
There is a problem brewing with tea-baggers and conservatives who want no more social security(FICA). They wish to live in the past when there was a poor class and a rich class. I, for one, do not want this.
It may happen if the Democrats do not awaken and vote.

See I have to disagree with you. I believe that there is a need for social security but it needs reform. There is no reason why I should have to pay into your retirement. Rather when you begin to work you should automatically be forced to save money that will work for you. So that in the future when you retire the money will be there for you. This money will have accumulated over time since it has not been taxed and cannot be taxed when you are allowed to remove it after retiring. In this way the people can actually have a secure safety net and it is something that you can be proud of because you worked for so long and so hard. That now for once in your life you can have something that the government, state, federal, cannot touch or ever be allowed to touch.

Back
Top Bottom