• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare

Im not "raising taxes", Im "flattening out the tax code to make it more fair"

When you increase tax rates in order to generate increased revenue that's called raising taxes. Simply because you don't like it because you are a conservative trying to make the case for a democrat response in order to ensure that You Get Your Money doesn't alter that reality.

When you increase tax rates in order to generate increased revenue that's called raising taxes. Simply because you don't like it because you are a conservative trying to make the case for a democrat response in order to ensure that You Get Your Money doesn't alter that reality.

Really? I was under the impression that conservatives were the ones who wanted to flatten out the tax code

All did was make the retirement age 69 and subject all wages to the FICA tax.

fNnEQW8.png

Looks pretty solvent to me

So... You seemed to have forgotten to post a link along with the chart. Can we get one please?

Really? I was under the impression that conservatives were the ones who wanted to flatten out the tax code

:lol: with lower marginal rates. You A) aren't proposing a flat tax code and B) are proposing higher tax rates.

Look, you are willing to make liberal/democrat arguments to justify raising more tax revenues from people in order to fund a program that redistributes money directly to you. You owned up to this in the very beginning. Own it.

natsb said:
So... You seemed to have forgotten to post a link along with the chart. Can we get one please?

here you go. It was in the post he was responding to.

I love politics, law, history, and economics so I recently looked into the US Federal Budget. In the budget is detailed, almost to the penny, how much money is gathered and from where, as well as the way said funds are spent. About 46% of the entire US Government's budget is allocated to social security, Medicaid, and medicare. I personally believe that social security should be phased out for coming generations, and I have a detailed plan by which this could be done. I also believe Medicaid and Medicare should be completely abolished and replaced with a universal healthcare system that every US citizen must have, I also have a plan for this.

However. I would rather wait to hear from others than to detail what I think is the right way to fix not only the current budget crises but the healthcare system as well.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Quite right.

Back
Top Bottom