• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Social Distancing is a multi-faceted bit of fake news

cabse5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I will use VIRUS for coronavirus and SD for Social Distancing.

Let's start with what is true about SD: SD lowers the peak of VIRUS cases
in the VIRUS curve of cases.

SD is a multi-faceted bit of fake news:

(1) That no one case of contracted VIRUS is acceptable.
Even though approximately 20% of the population which contracts
VIRUS acquires symptoms which need a hosptial.

(2) instead of SD reportedly lowering the chances of contracting VIRUS,
SD actually artifically extends the VIRUS crisis because of fake news 1.

(3) Instead of SD reportedly lowering the chances of contracting VIRUS,
SD will actually raise the chance of contracting VIRUS because of fake news 2.

(4) That SD is reportedly better for this VIRUS crisis than quarantining.

(5) That SD is reportedly less expensive to implement than quarantining.

Last edited:

SD is not about not getting the goddamn virus,

It's about making sure that everyone doesn't get it all at the same goddamn time, crippling the entire healthcare system,

Why do people pretend to be ****ing stupid about this ****?

If that's true, go volunteer at your local hospital. Or better yet, go to NYC.

They need the help.

It's about making sure that everyone doesn't get it all at the same goddamn time, crippling the entire healthcare system,

Let's not protect anyone. Let's just have less casualties...which social distancing won't provide because the concept of using social distancing artificially extends the crisis.
Which precautions are being made to protect the most vulnerable to coronavirus? The elderly? Those of any age with respiratory problems? Those of any age with immune deficiencies? Those of any age with diabetes? You really sound cold and heartless.

Just move to New York City and touch everything.

If that's true, go volunteer at your local hospital. Or better yet, go to NYC.

They need the help.

I will volunteer if there were a quarantine.

Social distancing is just spinning the wheels (at best) and at worst will create more deaths than a quarantine because no one is being protected from coronavirus especially the most at risk.

EDIT: An actual quarantine would protect those most at risk to coronavirus by placing them apart, hence, less casualties to coronavirus than social distancing of any kind.

Last edited:

THIS!!!:yt:thanks:

It's about even more than that. Do you want your mom to get it tomorrow and die?

This thing isn't just about numbers and spreading it out, it's about real people.

It's about even more than that. Do you want your mom to get it tomorrow and die?

This thing isn't just about numbers and spreading it out, it's about real people.

It is exactly about numbers and spreading it out........you act like I give a **** about real people......that's interesting.....

But the BEST way to protect "REAL PEOPLE" is to slow this ****ing thing down....give healthcare time to react, give scientists, time to get a vaccine/cure,

But you're right, it's not about slowing it down, let it just ****ing run rampant,

You sir, are a first class....genius.....you should be President, you know, with your concern about REAL PEOPLE.

Thirty years of conditioning

It is exactly about numbers and spreading it out........you act like I give a **** about real people......that's interesting.....

But the BEST way to protect "REAL PEOPLE" is to slow this ****ing thing down....give healthcare time to react, give scientists, time to get a vaccine/cure,

But you're right, it's not about slowing it down, let it just ****ing run rampant,

You sir, are a first class....genius.....you should be President, you know, with your concern about REAL PEOPLE.

OK, then you have a dead mom tomorrow. As would lots of other people without some of the things that we're doing.

That's no skin off my ass. But it is definitely devastating to lots of people.

OK, then you have a dead mom tomorrow. As would lots of other people without some of the things that we're doing.

That's no skin off my ass. But it is definitely devastating to lots of people.

I get it, you argue just to argue, EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW ITS MORONIC TO DO SO,

This is literally just what happened.

OP - Social Distancing is fake, does nothing, shouldn't do it etc.

Myself - No, SD is necessary in slowing this down, has to be done.

You - No, it's not about slowing it down, it's about real people

Myself - Ok, but it is necessary to do it, to slow it down,

You - Ok, you have a dead mom, don't do anything about it if we weren't doing anything....

You literally took both positions within minutes of each other, talk about ****ing Darwin awards.

I'll take my chance with SD.

You do what you want and deal with the consequences.

:cool:

What, exactly, is that healthcare system actually obligated to do if one thinks that they may be COVID-19 infected? We were told that COVID-19 status testing and treatment is "free" and also told that testing and treatment (more on that later) will conditionally done based on the guess of some "expert" as to whether one's possible COVID-19 symptoms are "serious".

Most who do manage to get tested are COVID-19 negative so that tells us that the "experts" are not very good at deciding (guessing?) who should (or should not) have been tested. If one does test positive for COVID-19 what, exactly, is that "free" treatment? This is where the true problem lies - that is also being left up to the discretion of "experts". There is no mandate for either a quarantine (offering an isolated place for them to stay with meals provided until they are no longer able to infect others) or any medication to treat the disease or reduce their chances of serious injury or death.

Basically, if one is confirmed to have COVID-19 (tested positive) but is currently able to breathe on their own they are being told to go (back home?) and practice "social distancing" which is what everyone (infected or not) was "ordered" to do in the first place.

Last edited:

It's also about those who survive the virus whether they are infected or not. Is your job going to be there in, at least, 5 plus months of shutdown, IMO? Are you gonna be able to squat in your home for, at least, 5 months, IMO? How about no entertainment for, at least, 5 months, IMO? No soccer this season. No basketball this season. No baseball this season. A shortened football season, if at all, IMO? A ruined economy. How many 'stimulus' packages will the federal government have to make?

Last edited:
I'll take my chance with SD.

You do what you want and deal with the consequences.

:cool:

You aren't elderly. You aren't diabetic. You don't have a respiratory condition. You don't have an immune deficiency. You don't care about the economy. You like to sit at home and watch TV.

With your apparent lack of goodwill to most people, will you even practice social distancing?

You aren't elderly. You aren't diabetic. You don't have a respiratory condition. You don't have an immune deficiency. You don't care about the economy. You like to sit at home and watch TV.

With your apparent lack of goodwill to most people, will you even practice social distancing?

A person very, very close to me has lupus so you might want to take things into consideration before you assume **** and think me inconsiderate because of my choice to social distance. :shrug:

Unlike you, who wants to bitch about no sports and entertainment for awhile.

A person very, very close to me has lupus so you might want to take things into consideration before you assume **** and think me inconsiderate because of my choice to social distance. :shrug:

Unlike one person in this thread, we have actual basic human decency, and we understand that we have the responsibility to keep those that we care about safe from infection, and the best way to do that right now is social distancing, and staying away from large gatherings. I'm going to be wearing a mask, too, for whenever I have to go out.

Unlike one person in this thread, we have actual basic human decency, and we understand that we have the responsibility to keep those that we care about safe from infection, and the best way to do that right now is social distancing, and staying away from large gatherings. I'm going to be wearing a mask, too, for whenever I have to go out.

Trump says you can just use a scarf.

There is much wrong in your post, I suggest you think more before posting this kind of thing.

As for the much over used "fake news" every one of us is responsible for what we regard to be true, how we establish the truth or falsity of something is up to each of us.

The method used by some right wing morons here is: "If trump says X is fake then X must be fake" - this is fine if it suits you, but once again every one of us is personally responsible for making an effort to establish truth.

I'm a software engineer with a solid education in electronics as well, I've studied mathematics and science for many years, so I'm at home with graphs, charts, exponential functions etc etc - many here are not, they have no grounding in the mathematics and of course this include trump who is a dufus anyway.

Believe what you want to, and good luck.

Ah. Tell that person with Lupus you don't care about them because you're proud to practice social distancing, then.

It's also about those who survive the virus whether they are infected or not. Is your job going to be there in, at least, 5 plus months of shutdown, IMO? Are you gonna be able to squat in your home for, at least, 5 months, IMO? How about no entertainment for, at least, 5 months, IMO? No soccer this season. No basketball this season. No baseball this season. A shortened football season, if at all, IMO? A ruined economy. How many 'stimulus' packages will the federal government have to make?

Preppers are having the last laugh right now. As for professional sports, the world moves on....

There is much wrong in your post, I suggest you think more before posting this kind of thing.

As for the much over used "fake news" every one of us is responsible for what we regard to be true, how we establish the truth or falsity of something is up to each of us.

The method used by some right wing morons here is: "If trump says X is fake then X must be fake" - this is fine if it suits you, but once again every one of us is personally responsible for making an effort to establish truth.

I'm a software engineer with a solid education in electronics as well, I've studied mathematics and science for many years, so I'm at home with graphs, charts, exponential functions etc etc - many here are not, they have no grounding in the mathematics and of course this include trump who is a dufus anyway.

Believe what you want to, and good luck.

Your whole post is a red herring. Do you know about philosophy?

Give me an example where (some of) your rhetoric is true.

Back
Top Bottom