• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Social Distancing is a multi-faceted bit of fake news

That might not be the worst thing if it comes down to it; any buffer is probably still a slight help.
I think the biggest help, would be for people who are already infected, to slow the spread.

Preppers are having the last laugh right now. As for professional sports, the world moves on....

Preppers for what, another stimulus package worth, at least, 2 trillion?:roll:

Your whole post is a red herring. Do you know about philosophy?

Give me an example where (some of) your rhetoric is true.

What specifically do you disagree with?

I think the biggest help, would be for people who are already infected, to slow the spread.

The biggest help would be protecting those most at risk from a coronavirus infection. This shouldn't be debatable yet you and scientists are debating it.:roll:

The biggest help would be protecting those most at risk from a coronavirus infection. This shouldn't be debatable yet you and scientists are debating it.:roll:

A person with lupus is definetely at risk for coronavirus.

Yet, you mock me ("you just want to sit on the couch and watch TV") for limiting my interactions to help protect a person at risk.

WTF are you even on about then?

That might not be the worst thing if it comes down to it; any buffer is probably still a slight help.

Well in reality, it's a last resort sort of thing. But Trump touted it as being better than a mask in some cases.

You are mistaken! What is being discussed here, is the effectiveness of a scarf covering your face, as compared to nothing.
It likely cannot help but reduce some mist and particles, but would be the more effective is slowing the spread from someone who already is infected,
(But may not know it).

Scientists are so stupid, right?

A person with lupus is definetely at risk for coronavirus.

Yet, you mock me ("you just want to sit on the couch and watch TV") for limiting my interactions to help protect a person at risk.

WTF are you even on about then?

Social distancing doesn't protect your friend with lupus if they were to contract coronavirus (and have a good chance of a bad outcome) yet you are proud of practicing social distancing.:roll:

Scientists are so stupid, right?

Right. Social distancing doesn't prevent anyone from contracting coronavirus and artificially extends the crisis period for coronavirus - which actually increases the chances of contracting coronavirus.

Social distancing doesn't protect your friend with lupus if they were to contract coronavirus (and have a good chance of a bad outcome) yet you are proud of practicing social distancing.:roll:

It helps.

You have no evidence to provide me to prove otherwise other than your complaining about lack of what you consider good *live* entertainment.

Right. Social distancing doesn't prevent anyone from contracting coronavirus and artificially extends the crisis period for coronavirus - which actually increases the chances of contracting coronavirus.

:alert You only play an expert on the internet. :alert

You are mistaken! What is being discussed here, is the effectiveness of a scarf covering your face, as compared to nothing.
It likely cannot help but reduce some mist and particles, but would be the more effective is slowing the spread from someone who already is infected,
(But may not know it).

I replied to your post:

It's also about those who survive the virus whether they are infected or not. Is your job going to be there in, at least, 5 plus months of shutdown, IMO? Are you gonna be able to squat in your home for, at least, 5 months, IMO? How about no entertainment for, at least, 5 months, IMO? No soccer this season. No basketball this season. No baseball this season. A shortened football season, if at all, IMO? A ruined economy. How many 'stimulus' packages will the federal government have to make?

So professional sports is the the only "entertainment"?

The only way the economy actually gets ruined is if folks like you get their way.

You aren't elderly. You aren't diabetic. You don't have a respiratory condition. You don't have an immune deficiency. You don't care about the economy. You like to sit at home and watch TV.

With your apparent lack of goodwill to most people, will you even practice social distancing?

I think you are confusing your stupid with others' sense of responsibility to others.

She's also in the cohort most likely to be contagious with no symptoms.

So professional sports is the the only "entertainment"?

The only way the economy actually gets ruined is if folks like you get their way.

OK. No theatre. Take out restaurants. If you live in LA, for example, no outdoor birthday parties.

I get it, you argue just to argue, EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW ITS MORONIC TO DO SO,

This is literally just what happened.

OP - Social Distancing is fake, does nothing, shouldn't do it etc.

Myself - No, SD is necessary in slowing this down, has to be done.

You - No, it's not about slowing it down, it's about real people

Myself - Ok, but it is necessary to do it, to slow it down,

You - Ok, you have a dead mom, don't do anything about it if we weren't doing anything....

You literally took both positions within minutes of each other, talk about ****ing Darwin awards.

I'm actually arguing that people are real and if you die tomorrow from this virus can you please continue posting on this board so we'll continue to hear your voice.

OK. No theatre. Take out restaurants. If you live in LA, for example, no outdoor birthday parties.

You know, we're gonna see who's right and who's wrong aren't we?

We have a number of states that subscribe(d) to your philosophy and others like California that are trying to do as the experts request.

When it's all over we'll know for certain who was right and who was wrong.

Whether either of us are alive to see it remains to he seen.

But I'm liking my odds.

I will use VIRUS for coronavirus and SD for Social Distancing.

Let's start with what is true about SD: SD lowers the peak of VIRUS cases
in the VIRUS curve of cases.

SD is a multi-faceted bit of fake news:

(1) That no one case of contracted VIRUS is acceptable.
Even though approximately 20% of the population which contracts
VIRUS acquires symptoms which need a hosptial.

(2) instead of SD reportedly lowering the chances of contracting VIRUS,
SD actually artifically extends the VIRUS crisis because of fake news 1.

(3) Instead of SD reportedly lowering the chances of contracting VIRUS,
SD will actually raise the chance of contracting VIRUS because of fake news 2.

(4) That SD is reportedly better for this VIRUS crisis than quarantining.

(5) That SD is reportedly less expensive to implement than quarantining.

I understand your point, I think quarantining is in part what China did, stopping the virus dead in its tracks. Americans for the most part are a hedonistic bunch ..sacrificing doesn't come easy.

Back
Top Bottom