• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So you think electric cars are great

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
How many on the forum has seen the report of the electric Tesla that hit a tree. It was on fire for 3 hours. Firemen couldnt put out the fire, and they even called Tesla.

The whole dam car burned to just a short pile of rubble. The whole thing turned out to be a huge HASMAT situation.

Electric cars are indeed amazing. I don't think a strange edge case, which it appears the drivers were not operating the vehicle as they were supposed to, should be considered some massive controversy.

And hey, I'll do you the favor of actually providing a link to your story.

How many on the forum has seen the report of the electric Tesla that hit a tree. It was on fire for 3 hours. Firemen couldnt put out the fire, and they even called Tesla.

The whole dam car burned to just a short pile of rubble. The whole thing turned out to be a huge HASMAT situation.
You will be buying an E car sooner or later. Gasoline cars are not going to be made in a few years and the gas stations are going to close. Get used to it.

What I find really, really stupid is that the two occupants in the car weren't even in the front seats. There was nobody at the controls. They were both in the back seat when the car hit the tree. (I wonder what they were doing back there.)

But yeah...it is very concerning that those lithium batteries turn out to be very difficult to extinguish when they catch fire.

A car wreck? Really Logical1? You're posting about a car wreck (that you couldn't take an extra 3.7 seconds to post the link, you were too lazy, or too old, or too tired, or just don't care to post it so someone else did) on a political forum? You say Democrats make everything political? You posted about a car wreck on a political message board, and said that it burned for 3 hours. You didn't even put an argument for or against anything! Just posted that a car wrecked and that it was on fire for a while. This is what it has come down to for you? Maybe tomorrow I'll post about a delivery I made, or about what I had for lunch, or even what position I slept in at night.

Over 120 years ago, Logical1 would have been railing against automobiles and arguing that horses were just fine. :rolleyes:

And automobiles have done such wonders for our air quality, and our health. Maybe going back to horses wouldn't be a bad idea.

The burning battery issue really is a thing.

Over 120 years ago, Logical1 would have been railing against automobiles and arguing that horses were just fine. :rolleyes:

If your car breaks down in the middle of Nevada, you cant eat your car, but you could eat your horse

A lot of misinformation in the msm and social media over this story.

So is burning cars from gasoline

Not really, since self-sealing tanks are now a thing.

The battery issue is just a technical challenge. But there's no denying that it is still a thing.

So, having said what I said in my last two posts, my question to you is "why do you hate any form of scientific or engineering advance"?

Not really, since self-sealing tanks are now a thing.

The battery issue is just a technical challenge. But there's no denying that it is still a thing.

Not buying an electric car because of a rare chance of it catching fire, would generally require a person not to buy a gasoline powered car because it can catch fire

So, two manufacturers doing dumb things is the same as a basic technology issue?

Lots of gasoline powered cars catch fire in car accidents.

Cause you know gasoline is flammable

Not so. Do you realize that back then all the cities were full of horse schidtt????

I think it's a plot by gas companies to make people think electric cars are dangerous, thus continuing our dependence on lethal, fossil fuels.

And automobiles have done such wonders for our air quality, and our health. Maybe going back to horses wouldn't be a bad idea.
Cars and all man made CO2 amounts to 6 parts in a million per year, when the total atmosphere is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom