• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So Who Exactly is Stronger Than Rick Perry in 2016?

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So Who Exactly is Stronger Than Rick Perry in 2016? - Mark Davis - Page 1

If you’re wondering whether my Governor is going to try to become our President, I have no magic window to that, even though I have known him for nearly twenty tears.

But from here in Texas, where all kinds of political plotlines are getting attention, there are some insights I can share as Rick Perry plans a return to private life that may be only momentary.

Please clarify, are you the author?

If you’re wondering whether my Governor is going to try to become our President, I have no magic window to that, even though I have known him for nearly twenty tears.

But from here in Texas, where all kinds of political plotlines are getting attention, there are some insights I can share as Rick Perry plans a return to private life that may be only momentary.

I think the Dems would pretty much adore seeing Perry as the GOP nominee seeing what a terrific candidate he proved to be last year. I don't recall reading a greater triumph of hope over reality since the last Ryder Cup.

It's also a marvel to me that people get paid for writing this tosh. Try this...
I’m not forgetting Sarah Palin. I just don’t think she will run for President again,
... could someone remind me when Sarah Palin last ran for President?

I think the Dems would pretty much adore seeing Perry as the GOP nominee seeing what a terrific candidate he proved to be last year. I don't recall reading a greater triumph of hope over reality since the last Ryder Cup.

It's also a marvel to me that people get paid for writing this tosh. Try this...
... could someone remind me when Sarah Palin last ran for President?

I thought that was a typo.

FWIW, Perry had medical issues and shouldn't of run at all last election cycle.

Who would be your favorite in 2016?

My cat is a stronger candidate than Rick Perry. She's more honest, less stupid and far more adorable. She would also have a much better chance at winning the minority and female vote.

I thought that was a typo.

FWIW, Perry had medical issues and shouldn't of run at all last election cycle.

Who would be your favorite in 2016?

I think the GOP must realise that its hard-core base is a dwindling minority of the electorate. It has to realise that the psephological change that it is ignoring isn't going to stop because traditionalists wish it would, so... what is the GOP going to do to stop it looking like the White Party? That doesn't mean over-promote according to race, but it does mean take issues of diversity seriously and marginalise the extremists in the base support such as Dick Mourdock, George Allen, Todd Akin etc and behave in Congress as though you were a party with the interests of the nation at heart.

From the outside, and of course this is a foreigner's view, the Dems look like the only serious legislators in the US at present. The GOP just appear to behave like children, wrecking the executive's plans whenever they can, because they can. Which GOP candidate might behave more rationally? Landsman? Christie? Extremists like Perry, Palin and Bachman will not fly and have proved themselves to be duds at a national level.

Mark Davis

Mark Davis went full retard with that article. And we all know you never go full retard.

He dismisses a half dozen completely viable Republican candidates (several of whom are eminently more viable than Perry) and doesn't even mention others who got at least as far (relatively) as Perry got in 2012 (Pawlenty and Huntsman, both of whom have expressed at least mild interest in running in 2016).

But hey, Sarah Palin is the only real competition!

That article isn't journalisim, it's cheerleading.

For a losing team.

The third federal institution that brought him down in the last election is stronger than Rick Perry.

Perry has an intelligence problem, he's even dumber than GW Bush.

Perry+cartoon+1.gif

The only reason he should run, is if the (R)'s want to give another 4 years to the (D)'s.

Perry badly crashed in burned in the last effort when he clearly could not pass the exam. So what changes in the next three years giving him forty new IQ points and an ability to answer questions with any semblance of sense?

I love how Republicans completely dismiss Christie.

He's pretty much the GOP's only chance of getting someone even moderately conservative but he isn't "good enough" because he cooperates, compromises, works across the aisle, and doesn't act like a completely petulent child.

You know, basiclly he acts like a real leader.

And the hell of it is, he isn't really a moderate, he's just forced to play one because he comes from a pretty liberal state with a liberal legislature and not governing toward the middle would leave the state with a logjam in Trenton with nothing getting done.

Sorta like the idiots in D.C. have going.

Who is stronger than Perry in a GOP presidential run? Ralph Chreach.

He's pretty much the GOP's only chance of getting someone even moderately conservative but he isn't "good enough" because he cooperates, compromises, works across the aisle, and doesn't act like a completely petulent child.

And the hell of it is, he isn't really a moderate, he's just forced to play one because he comes from a pretty liberal state with a liberal legislature and not governing toward the middle would leave the state with a logjam in Trenton with nothing getting done.

He is a self-serving fat ass. Nothing more. He'd be a **** president, just like the last several.

I think it funny when Democrats declare the best possible chance for Republicans is to run Democrat Christie for President. His campaign would consist of he and the Democrat nominee arguing over which of them hates Republicans more.

Perry has an intelligence problem, he's even dumber than GW Bush.

Perry+cartoon+1.gif

The joke gets old. Remember, we have a president who doesn't know how many states there are and can't remember what religion he is.

Republicans have no chance at the presidency because they have become a theocratic political party.

I think it funny when Democrats declare the best possible chance for Republicans is to run Democrat Christie for President. His campaign would consist of he and the Democrat nominee arguing over which of them hates Republicans more.

Yeah...

I guess it's better to lose the farm while winning a pyrrhic idiological victory than to choose a guy with an (R) behind his name who actually has a chance of winning and getting you half of what you'd consider ideal.

You go right ahead and nominate a far-right social conservative and when he gets his ass handed to him by a far left progressive (again) you can spend the next four years talking about "if only..."

Maybe the GOP will learn it's lesson by 2020.

I find it amusing Republicans think being honest makes someone a Democrat. Says a lot about the Republican party, if you ask me.

I find it amusing Republicans think being honest makes someone a Democrat. Says a lot about the Republican party, if you ask me.

Being honest doesn't make someone a democrat... being dishonest, ignorant and emotionally based does.

He's receiving funds from George Soros....he could be the next Dim candidate.

Then [if he's elected] anytime someone makes a fat joke, they will be called a bigot.

PRICELESS [for the Dims]

Back
Top Bottom