• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So Who Exactly is Stronger Than Rick Perry in 2016?

I find it amusing Republicans think being honest makes someone a Democrat. Says a lot about the Republican party, if you ask me.
He's a so-called Republican in a very Blue state. What's 'honest' about that?

Perry has an intelligence problem, he's even dumber than GW Bush.

Perry+cartoon+1.gif

I am sorry, but you do not get to be a governor of any state without a certain amount of intelligence. Fumbling in a high stress campaign does not make one stupid.

If democrats(and I am proud to be one) underestimate republicans like this, we will be in trouble in 2016.

I think it funny when Democrats declare the best possible chance for Republicans is to run Democrat Christie for President. His campaign would consist of he and the Democrat nominee arguing over which of them hates Republicans more.

Christie is not a democrat. Christie is in fact very much a Reagan style republican.

Being honest doesn't make someone a democrat... being dishonest, ignorant and emotionally based does.

You have to be a racist, American hating servant to the wealthiest .01 % to be a republican.

See how that works?

I think it funny when Democrats declare the best possible chance for Republicans is to run Democrat Christie for President. His campaign would consist of he and the Democrat nominee arguing over which of them hates Republicans more.

He's also got the best chance of turning states that went blue last election red.

I find it amusing Republicans think being honest makes someone a Democrat. Says a lot about the Republican party, if you ask me.

That is twisting his words into what he did not mean. His point was stupid, but yours is no better. You could make a point of shifting values of republicans, where some one in the model of Reagan is now seen as a liberal democrat, but honesty is not what Joko was referring to.

He's a so-called Republican in a very Blue state. What's 'honest' about that?
That doesn't make any sense. He was honest about what President Obama did for the people in his state after a devastating storm and Republicans, who had previously been kissing his ass, turned on him in rage.

Furthermore, since Christie is in a "very blue state", what sense does it make to run as a Republican if he is truly a Democrat? The Republican party seemingly has a very weak grasp on reality.

I am sorry, but you do not get to be a governor of any state without a certain amount of intelligence. Fumbling in a high stress campaign does not make one stupid.

If democrats(and I am proud to be one) underestimate republicans like this, we will be in trouble in 2016.

I would welcome a man like Perry as a candidate in 2016 it would make a Democrat landslide even more likely.

Rick_Perry-Bush_2.jpg

I would welcome a man like Perry as a candidate in 2016 it would make a Democrat landslide even more likely.

Rick_Perry-Bush_2.jpg

I think Perry is a longshot to win the primary, let alone the general, but I think underestimating any of the possible republican candidates is a mistake. I remember when every one knew that Clinton was going to be the democratic nominee in 2008 and coast into the White House. She knew it too. Look what happened. Instead of focusing on how easy he would be to beat(not as easy as you might think), focus more on what would have to be done to actually beat him. That is how you win elections.

I know how it works, I've read loads of posts by you. Unfortunately.

And you have yet to be able to refute a single one. Be proud!

And you have yet to be able to refute a single one. Be proud!

It would be like refuting the existence of a turd the dog just made on the lawn. It smells like crap, looks like crap, hell, it is crap!

But I'll make another notch in the fail column for your failed spin.

That is twisting his words into what he did not mean.
No, it isn't.

Republicans dislike Chris Christie because he had the audacity to compliment the President right before the election. This turned the keynote speaker at the RNC in late August into a someone who is apparently a Democrat. Now I don't know if joko is a Republican or not, but it most certainly is accurate of the Republican Party.

You could make a point of shifting values of republicans, where some one in the model of Reagan is now seen as a liberal democrat, but honesty is not what Joko was referring to.
But the entire "Christie is a Democrat" nonsense essentially began the moment Christie was honest about what the President did for his state. This was considered an affront to the Republican Party...which comes back to what I said about honesty and being a Democrat.

So Who Exactly is Stronger Than Rick Perry in 2016? - Mark Davis - Page 1

If you’re wondering whether my Governor is going to try to become our President, I have no magic window to that, even though I have known him for nearly twenty tears.

But from here in Texas, where all kinds of political plotlines are getting attention, there are some insights I can share as Rick Perry plans a return to private life that may be only momentary.

Mickey Mouse could beat Perry, not that the GOP nom stands a chance given the changing demographic ... once was a time, 13 years ago, and then with help from Osama bin Laden, 9 years ago, the GOP could eke out a thin win. But not any more. The paths to Electoral College majority, for the GOP, are becoming fewer and fewer, and more and more remote (absurd wishful thinking), to very near the point of zero paths. So to be president, win the Dem Nom. Easy as that.

If that were not the case, then I'd urge the GOP to stop nominating Texas Governors, since they don't really run anything. Hell; the Speaker has more power, and possibly even the Lt. Governor. Texas is odd in that regard, since framers of its constitution feared too much power in one individual. Being Texas governor is a beauty contest, and little more than that. Plus all the stuff they take credit for, was done by others, or it would not happen in Texas.

Simple truth.

God I hope Perry runs. It's clear that the GOP will nominate a freakish tea party type like him, whether it's Perry or Palin or Bachmann. Whoever it is they will lose by a huge margin in the presidential election, and the rightwing noise machine will blame them for not being more extreme, more unelectable. And the cycle will be begin again.

Conservatives are in a death spiral. It's a beautiful sight.

Mickey Mouse could beat Perry, not that the GOP nom stands a chance given the changing demographic ... once was a time, 13 years ago, and then with help from Osama bin Laden, 9 years ago, the GOP could eke out a thin win. But not any more. The paths to Electoral College majority, for the GOP, are becoming fewer and fewer, and more and more remote (absurd wishful thinking), to very near the point of zero paths. So to be president, win the Dem Nom. Easy as that.

If that were not the case, then I'd urge the GOP to stop nominating Texas Governors, since they don't really run anything. Hell; the Speaker has more power, and possibly even the Lt. Governor. Texas is odd in that regard, since framers of its constitution feared too much power in one individual. Being Texas governor is a beauty contest, and little more than that. Plus all the stuff they take credit for, was done by others, or it would not happen in Texas.

Simple truth.

Judging from all those talking points, you're obviously 'very' Liberal.

You forgot the part where he's a race traitor, a Bilderberg pawn and just another in a long line of Texas leaders who benefit off foreign influence and money. (s)

Y'all just go on with progressive status quo and watch the rest of the country go to crap while Texas prospers. Come visit now, hear!

God I hope Perry runs. It's clear that the GOP will nominate a freakish tea party type like him, whether it's Perry or Palin or Bachmann. Whoever it is they will lose by a huge margin in the presidential election, and the rightwing noise machine will blame them for not being more extreme, more unelectable. And the cycle will be begin again.

Conservatives are in a death spiral. It's a beautiful sight.

Political gain for you, death to the country. Do I have that right?

I've said that about Sarah Palin a few times.

Judging from all those talking points, you're obviously 'very' Liberal.

You forgot the part where he's a race traitor, a Bilderberg pawn and just another in a long line of Texas leaders who benefit off foreign influence and money. (s)Y'all just go on with progressive status quo and watch the rest of the country go to crap while Texas prospers. Come visit now, hear!

No; I did not forget about stupid talking points, I avoided them, since they're unnecessary. Meanwhile, many on the Right and in the GOP leadership are recognizing that demographics are closing their paths to an Electoral College win. Does that make them "Very Liberal?"

Also, check your state's constitution, and you'll see that TX govs have less power than any other gov in America. Simple truth.

As for policy stands which I self-describe as Very Liberal, that's 1) not anything I've touched on; nor 2) germane to this thread.

Gov. Rick Perry truly does have an impressive record and he should be on top of the list to run in 2016, however, unfortunately he made a few public mistakes in 2012 that reduce his standing. I am not saying he can't come back from that, but it is something he would have to deal with. I have been paying attention to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio and at least one of them (maybe even all three) is going to go for it in 2016. The other day I watched Ted Cruz on C-SPAN give an extemporaneous speech and take questions and the man is impressive.

No; I did not forget about stupid talking points, I avoided them, since they're unnecessary. Meanwhile, many on the Right and in the GOP leadership are recognizing that demographics are closing their paths to an Electoral College win. Does that make them "Very Liberal?"

Also, check your state's constitution, and you'll see that TX govs have less power than any other gov in America. Simple truth.

As for policy stands which I self-describe as Very Liberal, that's 1) not anything I've touched on; nor 2) germane to this thread.

I'm fully aware and realize most of those talking points were actually started by leftists to divide the Repub voters.

Been there - seen that.

How many of the 2012 GOP candidates had spoken to God and told to run? Obviously someone was lying. Maybe it was God.

He's receiving funds from George Soros....he could be the next Dim candidate.

Then [if he's elected] anytime someone makes a fat joke, they will be called a bigot.
I recall quite a lot of Reps making that very claim, back when they loved Christie.

So Who Exactly is Stronger Than Rick Perry in 2016?

Ummmm..... just about anyone I suppose.

But this little guy comes to mind.

th

Back
Top Bottom