• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So who are you going to vote for in November?

Who will you vote for?

• Clinton

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Trump

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • 3rd party

Votes: 31 32.6%

• Total voters

Jack Fabulous

Friend Zone
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The battle lines are now drawn so who's it going to be?

3rd Party/Not voting for the top line.

3rd Party/Not voting for the top line.

Can I ask what the functional difference is between voting third party and staying home?

Can I ask what the functional difference is between voting third party and staying home?

Not much of one. Perhaps bring a little more recognition. I'm voting for Senate and Governor anyway so if there's a 3rd party I can support, might as well vote for it.

The battle lines are now drawn so who's it going to be?
You forgot None of the Above.
I will vote on the other offices and issues and ignore the Presidential candidates, not up to us anyway.

There are still a lot of important races on the undercard.

I was being metaphorical. On one hand I "get" the idea behind voting third party. If one were forced to vote between Hitler and Stalin, I can certainly understand feeling as though your values weren't being properly represented.

But on the other hand the adult world is often defined by being faced with two terrible choices and having to pick the less crappier one.

The election has more decisions to be made than President, whom, by the way You do not elect.

The poll may be getting ahead of itself. The dems may very well have the contested convention we expected from the reps. Sanders is down but not out and right now Hillary is battling both Trump and Sanders. She'll have to change tone to face Trump, but if she swings too far, Sanders might capitalize.

First, President won't be the only office up for grabs on the ballots. There will be numerous other offices and referendums on there as well.

Second, even IF the ballot was just for President, voting 3rd party allows your vote to be counted toward the popular vote. The lower percentage of votes the winner gets, the less likely they can claim to have a mandate. So, if the President is going to be Hillary or Trump I would prefer they get less than 50% of the popular vote if possible. And while my vote for Jill Stein won't get Jill Stein elected, it will certainly deduct a vote from the victor's popular vote tally. If everyone voting 3rd party stayed home then whichever of those two idiots wins will have a majority of the popular vote.

Last edited:

It depends on what you want. Do you want to promote a third party, then voting for one is key to doing so. Third parties are not going to have success until they show they can get voters. If you are voting third party just because you don't like the top 2 choices, then there is little difference.

The poll may be getting ahead of itself. The dems may very well have the contested convention we expected from the reps. Sanders is down but not out and right now Hillary is battling both Trump and Sanders. She'll have to change tone to face Trump, but if she swings too far, Sanders might capitalize.

It is no more likely than republicans having one(which is still possible).

By voting you have fulfilled your civic obligations and can revel in your God given Freedom more sweetly.

I am voting for that candidate Mind Your Own Business of the What's It To You party.

Third party. Unless Sanders can pull off a miracle, I'm going to be faced with two of the worst candidates I've seen in this race, with only a select few nutjobs like Santorum being worse in my opinion.

I am so disappointed that my first time getting to vote amounts to this laughing stock.

We can't afford a Trump presidency, even if it means supporting a crook to prevent it.

and i think just the opposite

we cant have Hillary....no matter what

i dont know what the Donald may do....he has said so many things....he is a wild card

anyone that says they KNOW what he would do as a president is a fool

but...we all have a pretty good idea who and what Hillary is....and no thanks

"what does it matter now" can go back to being a grandma and making speeches

i will take my chances on the wild card....

i may not like what i end up with....or i may...it is unknown at this point

i can live with that

But on the other hand the adult world is often defined by being faced with two terrible choices and having to pick the less crappier one.

It is. And I do that enough in my own life not to do it here when there's another option.

and i think just the opposite

we cant have Hillary....no matter what

i dont know what the Donald may do....he has said so many things....he is a wild card

anyone that says they KNOW what he would do as a president is a fool

but...we all have a pretty good idea who and what Hillary is....and no thanks

"what does it matter now" can go back to being a grandma and making speeches

i will take my chances on the wild card....

i may not like what i end up with....or i may...it is unknown at this point

i can live with that

I'm equally disgusted by the idea of voting for the known criminal manipulator and the mystery meat in the back of the fridge.

Sanders will need to win two thirds of the remaining pledged delegates to lead her in pledged delegates. Then he will also need to get most of the super delegates to switch to him despite him getting less votes than Hillary overall, and likely being further away from them politically.

I'm equally disgusted by the idea of voting for the known criminal manipulator and the mystery meat in the back of the fridge.

"The mystery meat in the back of the fridge." I like that.

Who would you vote for if Sanders drops out next week and Trump picks him as VP?

Back
Top Bottom