• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So what's going on in Columbia and other South and Latin American countries?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
With events escalating in the Middle East we [people in the US] are hearing more and more about all of that.

Yet flip the tables - the events happening in South / Latin America are so ignored I have no clue what's actually going on. What I do hear about are children coming across the border.

Some drug cartels are beheading people.

But on one news broadcast they were talking about the persecution of Christians - and Columbia surfaced on their map as having a moderate level of persecution. So . . . WHAT is going on down there? Where are the reliable sources that I can go to outside of traditional media that will help me learn because one thing I know for certain: The US media and most US people don't give a damn.

With events escalating in the Middle East we [people in the US] are hearing more and more about all of that.

Yet flip the tables - the events happening in South / Latin America are so ignored I have no clue what's actually going on. What I do hear about are children coming across the border.

Some drug cartels are beheading people.

But on one news broadcast they were talking about the persecution of Christians - and Columbia surfaced on their map as having a moderate level of persecution. So . . . WHAT is going on down there? Where are the reliable sources that I can go to outside of traditional media that will help me learn because one thing I know for certain: The US media and most US people don't give a damn.

The news is that the Monroe Doctrine is cancelled and the Chinese and Russians are making considerable inroads. The good news is that Putin said he did not plan to station rockets on Cuba.

According to a user here, Sandokan, Che Guevara is the devil, Cuba is the worst place on earth.

IMHO The Economist has the best international coverage you're going to find - the Americas included.

I'm not sure if the OP realizes this, but the drug cartels have been beheading people for a few years now. It's nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom