• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

So, what vehicle should I buy?

shuamort said:
Backstory:After many years of not driving (about 5), I got a car for a couple months. I live and work 3 blocks apart and hadn't needed or wanted one, but my parents are moving out of state and wanted me to use their car 'til spring. Well, whaddya know, I actually like having one. So, after I bring 'em their car in April, I'm going to buy a new one for myself.

Here's the question. What should I get? What is a politically and relatively environmentally sound car to buy? I've been looking at the hybrids and the flex fuel E-85 cars.

Any ideas/comments?

All I see is a question about hyrbrids and E85.

Notice hes looking for enviornmentally friendly. And then his notion to hybrids sums that up.

SKILMATIC said:
Notice hes looking for enviornmentally friendly. And then his notion to hybrids sums that up.
I'm not really sure if hybrids are more environmentally friendly in the long run. The battery has to go somewhere when it dies. Most of the Honda and Toyota gas 4 banger engines are SULEV or ULEV already.

Please buy a Cadillac Eldarodo, a newer model........You talk about a kick ass ride. I have a 95'. Once you go Cadillac ya NEVER turn back. Trust me.

scottyz said:
I'm not really sure if hybrids are more environmentally friendly in the long run. The battery has to go somewhere when it dies. Most of the Honda and Toyota gas 4 banger engines are SULEV or ULEV already.

If you are worried about battery disposals you do know that we remanufacture batterys right? You do know there are things called core charges? Right?

Also regular cars have betteries too which I hope you know as well.

Please, a CADDY ELDARODO.....You shall not be disappointed.

Fords are the easiest to work on.

Tech tip. Check engine light on? Repair with a piece of black tape.

ShullsM: I say go Honda, Nissan, or Subura. I've had luck with all of those cars and they seem to go forever. That's what makes or breaks the deal for me. I just want a car that will run into the ground.

Every thing made by man is just a collection of parts. Easily repaired.

I've found no real difference between foriegn and domestic vehicles, except the price of foriegn parts is at least double.

You all do know GMC and Chevy are the same, right?

I wired my brake lights to a push button on my dash. When someone tailgates me, I press the switch for a second, drop a gear and punch it. Now that's funny.

I have a 90 Bronco ll. When I buy a new used vehicle, I bring a flashlight and crawl under the car. Used car salesmen hate me.

scottyz said:
The Real McCoy said:
You could also go with a Hummer H2.

Or you could save a bundle of $$$ and buy a Tahoe or Suburban which is exactly the same thing with a different skin.

I was most deffinitely joking when I said that, seeing's how he's looking at hybrids...

alphieb said:
Please, a CADDY ELDARODO.....You shall not be disappointed.

Why is that? Becasue it has a big backseat? ;) hint hint

SKILMATIC said:
If you are worried about battery disposals you do know that we remanufacture batterys right? You do know there are things called core charges? Right?

Also regular cars have betteries too which I hope you know as well.
Regular ni-cad car batteries are even worse for recycling. Regular car batteries are far different from hybrid car batteries.

Back
Top Bottom