• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

So what is the killing weapon worth?

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So now that Zimmerman is out and free and gets his property back, I wonder what the killing weapon would fetch in a public auction?

A cool million.

So now that Zimmerman is out and free and gets his property back, I wonder what the killing weapon would fetch in a public auction?

Somebody would probably pay many times what it is worth to have it as a unique collection item, given the public status of this case. Some might say "historic" but I think that's overhype.

Of course this whole case would never have become such a big deal if certain parties hadn't overhyped the racial aspects.

Who knows.

If I were Zimmerman, I'd destroy it.

Mr. Zimmerman's gun used to kill Treyvon Martin is a [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm, retailing for around $377.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]With providence demonstrating Zimmerman's ownership of this gun and it's year-long custody by the authorities during the trial, I would happily drop $1,000 on that gun right now.[/FONT]

Somebody would probably pay many times what it is worth to have it as a unique collection item, given the public status of this case. Some might say "historic" but I think that's overhype.

Of course this whole case would never have become such a big deal if certain parties hadn't overhyped the racial aspects.

Who knows.

Those Keltecs are not worth the retail price they are getting now.

I shot one once - I would feel more comfortable with a hammer and a nail for detonating the round.

Those Keltecs are not worth the retail price they are getting now.

I shot one once - I would feel more comfortable with a hammer and a nail for detonating the round.

Oh come on they're not that bad. Pretty good for the price actually. I've shot a couple and while they're not tack drivers, I figured a 3" group at 15y was more than sufficient for an economy pocket gun.

I don't understand the obsession and hype surrounding this one particular case so it stands to reason that i'm finding it difficult to understand why anyone would actually even want to own the gun that resulted in the young mans death.

I find it pretty sick that someone would actually want to own it, reminds me of Serial killers who need something to remind themselves of how "powerful" they are when they keep some personal item of the victim as a trophy of the kill.

Oh come on they're not that bad. Pretty good for the price actually. I've shot a couple and while they're not tack drivers, I figured a 3" group at 15y was more than sufficient for an economy pocket gun.

The trigger pull that I experienced was horrendous.

Granted that I am a 1911 guy, but I have XDs that have very passable trigger pulls.

I suppose that the Keltec would do, but I have large hands, and they are like holding a deck of cards.

ETA - of course, if you wrap that Keltec in several hundreds, I could be persuaded.... :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I don't understand the obsession and hype surrounding this one particular case so it stands to reason that i'm finding it difficult to understand why anyone would actually even want to own the gun that resulted in the young mans death.

I find it pretty sick that someone would actually want to own it, reminds me of Serial killers who need something to remind themselves of how "powerful" they are when they keep some personal item of the victim as a trophy of the kill.
I bet you'd change you tune if Z auctioned it with all proceeds going to a local black charity.

It's questions like this that have people all over the world scratching their heads wondering what goes on between the ears of the average American anyway.

It's questions like this that have people all over the world scratching their heads wondering what goes on between the ears of the average American anyway.

its called free enterprise.

And in other strange questions, how about any bets on whether or not the gun disappears from the evidence lockers and shows up some day in the future as a "throw-down" in a police shooting?

I bet you'd change you tune if Z auctioned it with all proceeds going to a local black charity.

How about explaining to us how you would assume this.

Like the gun killed someone. Perhaps we should arrest it.

It is a weapon. It was used for killing. Get over it. Or worship it. Whatever.

We need to have an investigation at federal, state, and the local level to establish probable cause prior to arrest.

I wonder what the bond will be.

We need to have an investigation at federal, state, and the local level to establish probable cause prior to arrest.

I wonder what the bond will be.

I just thank god it's a black gun.

Back
Top Bottom