• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, what are you?

Well?

• Total voters

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
How many people here are married, have significant others, etc...?

A significant other.

She just doesn't know it yet.

Married...13 years to my lovely 2nd wife.

13 April 1995

2013-01-20 21.56.26.jpg

We seem like a very unlikely couple, with wildly different and incompatible personalities. Each of us has some significant emotional and psychological issues with which the other is very poorly-equipped to cope. I think that if anyone were to have known both of us very well before we met each other, such a person would have to conclude that there is no way that the two of us should be together. It seems like there ought to be many men out there that would make a better husband for her than I possibly could, and many women who would make a better wife for me than she possibly could.

But somehow, it works, and in the time we've been married, I've known of other people who I would have expected to be much more stable than either of us, who have been married and divorced, and remarried. For all the challenges that we have, for all the apparent incompatibilities that we have, we must be doing something right.

Last edited:
Forever alone. :thumbs:

8406274565_bf7eeb851a_z.jpg

Married sixteen years to my high school sweetheart.

single. recently began dating again after a long self-imposed break from it.

Is that the same as being smitten? ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I don't know if I'd connect THOSE dots. I mean, I am in love, but smitten...just sounds bad. You'll never hear me say that I'm "whipped", and I imagine that smitten is just a slight downgrade of that.

Back
Top Bottom