• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, what are you?

Well?

• Total voters
Married 12 years been together 15 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 18 hrs, 42 mins, with her.
yepp.gif
Can I retire after 20 years? :shock: :lol:

l believe she knows you love her chemically :mrgreen:

Of course, there's no other way to do it. Love is a complex electro-chemical reaction in the brain, no matter what fanciful notions you attach to it.

Um, something missing in translation? I already agreed that people themselves may not be complicated, but situations can be....

I'm just playing devil's advocate here so don't take it personally, but...

In this particular thread, the phrase 'it's complicated' can cover a number of relationship status:

The question was, are you married or single...

Separated, but not divorced

Then you're married.

Divorce in process

Married.

Divorced but may be getting back together with ex

Single.

Separated but may be getting back together

Married.

Will be divorced/single if SO finds out about that fling

Stupid. :)

etc, etc.....[/QUOTE]

Nothing complex about any of those.

Of course, there's no other way to do it. Love is a complex electro-chemical reaction in the brain, no matter what fanciful notions you attach to it.

l attach my heart to it

I'm just playing devil's advocate here so don't take it personally, but...
The question was, are you married or single...
Then you're married.
Married.
Single.
Married.
Stupid. :)

Nothing complex about any of those.

I threw that last one in for humor. :wink:

From the outside, it may look easy. If you're ever in one of those situations, it's not.

Currently married to my first wife.

I threw that last one in for humor. :wink:

From the outside, it may look easy. If you're ever in one of those situations, it's not.

True, but as an answer to the questions being asked in this thread, it's simple. Married or single. It's binary. You can't be both. You can't be neither.

With my wife for 15 years, married 7. Started dating her before we could legally drink, and now I've driven her to drink.

With my wife for 15 years, married 7. Started dating her before we could legally drink, and now I've driven her to drink.

so romantic ,some people are lucky

Single and will be broke for at least the next few years getting a business going, so it works out nicely. :)

Single and will be broke for at least the next few years getting a business going, so it works out nicely. :)

Have you heard that old saying that "life is what happens while you're making plans"? ;)If you love someone, go ahead and let it go wherever it leads. Life won't wait for perfect timing.

Happily married to the love of my life for over 40 years.
Mother to 4 who are all adults with homes of their own.

I don't know Lizzie, being in love sure is nice, but all of those relationship problems that come with career instability make the single life a little more attractive to me right now. :)

Have you heard that old saying that "life is what happens while you're making plans"? ;)If you love someone, go ahead and let it go wherever it leads. Life won't wait for perfect timing.

I don't know Lizzie, being in love sure is nice, but all of those relationship problems that come with career instability make the single life a little more attractive to me right now. :)

Relationship instablilities seem to happen regardless. It's not the "being in love" that lasts. It's loving in spite of.

I'm as happily married as they come. I patiently waited to meet my soulmate while focusing on my education. We finally met in our 30's at a university in a country neither of us were from.

I'm one lucky sumbitch. I've been married for 21 years to a woman who is a far better person than I deserve. She is beautiful and charming and I'm ugly as a mud fence and common. When we go out to eat it often happens that the wait person will look at us and ask, "Separate checks?" LOL! For more than 21 years she has acted as if she hasn't noticed. That's a good woman and I never forget how lucky I am.

I think being in love is such a wonderful feeling because a primer that strong is needed to last through the future hardships of a long term relationship. And of course I would have to meet someone committed to going through those hardships, which probably isn't so easy in our instant gratification society.

Relationship instablilities seem to happen regardless. It's not the "being in love" that lasts. It's loving in spite of.

I think being in love is such a wonderful feeling because a primer that strong is needed to last through the future hardships of a long term relationship. And of course I would have to meet someone committed to going through those hardships, which probably isn't so easy in our instant gratification society.

This is a quote I saw a while back.

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Franklin P. Jones

Married to the same wonderful woman since March 27, 1979. We were married long ago in a foreign land at an American embassy.

Back
Top Bottom