• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So this is the exact same crime they accused Hillary of right?

Not even close! Donald Trump did not destroy anything that he was told was included in the court order.
First of all, we do know for a fact that he was ripping up documents. His own staff has testified that they had to tape them back together. So yes, he did.
Hillary destroyed her e-mails after they were under court order.
No, she didn't. But even if you're deluded enough to think she did, that means they were no longer a threat to be stolen, sold, or leaked.

"He claimed"?

As in Trump? As in 5,500 lies a day Trump?

"He claimed" translates to "I'M LYING!"
No, sorry. He was the lead investigator (Comey). My choice of words has no bearing on anything. He asserted, he stated, he claimed, whatever.

The crime definitely happened. Comey claimed "he couldn't prove criminal intent", and invented an entirely new legal standard - "extreme carelessness", in lieu of "gross negligence" - in order to explain why he wasn't paying charges....

.... And really, it became painfully evident, it was because they didn't want to charge her while she was running against Trump :(
The Trump administration had four years to investigate and charge Hillary for the crimes you allege. Why didn't that happen?

The Trump administration had four years to investigate and charge Hillary for the crimes you allege. Why didn't that happen?
She was investigated already under the Obama administration, who (in the form of FBI Director Comey) decided to invent a legal standard of "Extreme Carelessness" in order to avoid saying "Gross Negligence", and to claim they couldn't prove criminal intent, so, lol, it didn't matter if crimes had happened.

She was investigated already under the Obama administration, who (in the form of FBI Director Comey) decided to invent a legal standard of "Extreme Carelessness" in order to avoid saying "Gross Negligence", and to claim they couldn't prove criminal intent, so, lol, it didn't matter if crimes had happened.
That was not an inversion of anything. That was Comey examining in terms children can understand that her carelessness did not rise to the level of criminal negligence. Oh well, he really could not have dumbed it down any further. Maybe next time he should use flash cards and puppets.

Your boy is toast. While he may never see the inside of a jail cell, he is ****ing toast.

She was investigated multiple times about Benghazi, why didn't the Trump-sympathetic Senate do the same about the emails?

And not a crime to be found by Hillary, your hyperbole and misrepresentations notwithstanding.
The crime definitely happened. Comey claimed "he couldn't prove criminal intent", and invented an entirely new legal standard - "extreme carelessness", in lieu of "gross negligence" - in order to explain why he wasn't paying charges....

.... And really, it became painfully evident, it was because they didn't want to charge her while she was running against Trump :(

Yeah, they were motivated to help Hillary, which is why they sunk her campaign by announcing a re-opening of investigation into her 11 days before. Which went nowhere, again. 'Cause he was protecting Hillary. 'Cause Obama or something.

:rolleyes:

At any rate, an FBI director's opinion on whether or not to charge is completely non-binding on the DOJ. Sessions could have personally convened a grand jury himself. He didn't. No one did. Under Trump's admin. This is where one usually starts hearing the "deep state" bull...

No, what Hillary did was not remotely close to what Trump did, which is to take 3 or 4 boxes of top secret stuff, classified stuff, and confidential stuff just because his corrupt ass felt like it. And what Comey said was that they had never charged anyone for that crime without aggravating factors that were absent in her case. I haven't heard a single person even attempt to rebut that.

But really, we don't even need to drill down on that. We know that the people who insisted she was absolutely guilty and had to spend time in jail spent their time indiciting ham sandwiches rather than her.

That was not an inversion of anything. That was Comey examining in terms children can understand that her carelessness did not rise to the level of criminal negligence. Oh well, he really could not have dumbed it down any further. Maybe next time he should use flash cards and puppets.

We'll never hear the end of "these two things are exactly the same if you ignore all the massive differences!"

Yeah, they were motivated to help Hillary, which is why they sunk her campaign by announcing a re-opening of investigation into her 11 days before. Which went nowhere, again. 'Cause he was protecting Hillary. 'Cause Obama or something.

:rolleyes:

At any rate, an FBI director's opinion on whether or not to charge is completely non-binding on the DOJ. Sessions could have personally convened a grand jury himself. He didn't. No one did. Under Trump's admin. This is where one usually starts hearing the "deep state" bull...

Sort of: their controlling motivation was to protect themselves. At one point that required inventing new legal definitions to avoid charging Hilary; at another that required announcing that they had recieves new classified documents from the investigation into Anthony Wiener.

No, what Hillary did was not remotely close to what Trump did, which is to take 3 or 4 boxes of top secret stuff, classified stuff, and confidential stuff just because his corrupt ass felt like it.

What Hilary did was worse, yes, but, I think I'd still say they are comparable.

And what Comey said was that they had never charged anyone for that crime without aggravating factors that were absent in her case.

What he said was that he couldn't prove criminal intent, only that she had done it. There are, in fact, cases where people have been charged (and found guilty) without criminal intent, and criminal intent is not required in the statute, which is why they had to make up the "extremely careless" standard in lieu of "gross negligence".... But, again, they were trying to protect the FBI, and, in at least one major instance, Hillary herself.

Your boy is toast. While he may never see the inside of a jail cell, he is ****ing toast.
I was Never Trump before there was a name for it. I was the first person on this forum to identify that his movement was proto fascist. I supported both impeachments. You need a better tree to bark up.

I'm not sure what you think I was claiming as an inversion, however, the actual post I made stands :)

I was Never Trump before there was a name for it. I was the first person on this forum to identify that his movement was proto fascist. I supported both impeachments. You need a better tree to bark up.
You need a better idol to worship

Bwahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!
So without any evidence whatsoever you're 100% sure Hillary did this even after she testified under oath for 11 straight hours answering every question Republicans asked without them coming up with even one single solitary charge to file against her.
Yet, despite finding 10 boxes full of top secret material at Trump's house nothing short of a full confession by him and him alone will persuade you.

Dude, seriously. This kool-aid is going to kill you. This is what a cult is. You are in one. Donald Trump is your Charles Manson, and if you don't pull your head out of your ass you're going to wind up in prison right next to him.

Except, Trump and Republicans passed a law AFTER Hillary making this type of thing even more illegal than it was before that, and then Trump turned right around and violated his own law...LOL!!!!

So what you're saying is that even if there was classified data on her server it was destroyed so it would never fall into the hands of the wrong person?
Dude, even your lies about Hillary Clinton are better than the reality of what Trump did.
The eleven straight hours was for Benghazi, not for the destruction of her email or its sever. Everything else you said was right. Though why you are defending Hillary, who lost to one of the worst candidates we've ever had as President, is beyond me.

Clinton may have mishandled sensitive information but nowhere did I get that she was being accused of espionage…

I'm a bit foggy, but from what I recall the crime we now know Donald Trump 100% committed was in fact the exact same crime Republicans claimed Hillary Clinton needed to go to prison for isn't it?
But instead of her maybe accidentally having some classified material sent to the wrong email address, Trump intentionally brought ten boxes full of hard copies of classified material to his house, and then refused to return it after being asked nicely several times?
doesn't seem the same at all
off the top of my head
Iirc, Clinton didn't keep documents after she was no longer in office
Clinton is said to have gotten approval to use the same sort of server set other SoS had used
etc.

But I am not a national security lawyer

Not even close! Donald Trump did not destroy anything that he was told was included in the court order.

Why didn't Trump prosecute?
Did Trump think what Hillary did was okay?

You take $20 you think is yours is as bad as stealing it? Really?

Too bad Trump didn't prosecute Hillary for any of her crimes.

Based on Trump's immense and tremendous inaction, Trump is likely in cahoots with Killary, donchya know

You presume he wanted to destroy them. He wanted souvenirs. Things to stroke the mushroom to.

I'm a bit foggy, but from what I recall the crime we now know Donald Trump 100% committed was in fact the exact same crime Republicans claimed Hillary Clinton needed to go to prison for isn't it?
But instead of her maybe accidentally having some classified material sent to the wrong email address, Trump intentionally brought ten boxes full of hard copies of classified material to his house, and then refused to return it after being asked nicely several times?

Not exactly the same, as the circumstances are somewhat different.

Back
Top Bottom