• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So the Meeting Didn’t Go So Well

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
View attachment 67247657

The Democrats who participated came out and made comments. Trump is reported to have stormed out (see Tweet). I can only guess Trump was too upset to come outside, sending Pence out to talk to the press. Now we have a he said/she said situation.

Trump wants to break the record for longest shutdown. He never cares if something is negative, just as long as he is the focus.

The Wall is keeping Mueller and his investigation of Trump and his crime family off the 'front pages' too.

Good thread from Noah Rothman. He breaks down the fact that Republicans have not been very supportive of the idea of the wall over the last 2 years.

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1083017046739378176

Noah Rothman@NoahCRothman

You might get the impression from this fight that Congressional Republicans are now and always were united behind Trump’s border wall. You’d be wrong. A brief review:

7:06 AM - 9 Jan 2019

View attachment 67247657

The Democrats who participated came out and made comments. Trump is reported to have stormed out (see Tweet). I can only guess Trump was too upset to come outside, sending Pence out to talk to the press. Now we have a he said/she said situation.

I thought he was supposed to be good at making a deal. Looks like he's getting his ass handed to him...again. How long before even the most staunch supporters say "Look, bud, I think you're super swell, and just being close to you gives me the special tingles, but, umm, we kinda need someone who can get stuff done"?

Oh, right...never.. *sigh* Good luck, guys...

I thought he was supposed to be good at making a deal. Looks like he's getting his ass handed to him...again. How long before even the most staunch supporters say "Look, bud, I think you're super swell, and just being close to you gives me the special tingles, but, umm, we kinda need someone who can get stuff done"?

How bad is it when you call a meeting in your house (situation room), and then leave in a huff, in your own house?

Those **** heads in the white house are out spinning it right now. One after the other, just lying their ass off, it's sad.

- Our door is open, we're trying to compromise, we're trying to give Nancy (what about Mitch?) a compromise
seconds later
- Trump will not compromise on the wall

we offered to give Nancy what she wanted...to re-open government, in exchange for the wall.
She refused, she's not willing to negotiate!
(that would be Trump not negotiating. Democrats want to pass funding, including border security, WITHOUT the wall)

Madness. And who calls these idiots out on this? No one. It's a one-sided charade.
The reporters just ask stupid questions "is Trump gonna declare a national emergency!?!?!"

Trump wants to break the record for longest shutdown. He never cares if something is negative, just as long as he is the focus.

Negatives like stopping illegal immigration?? Thank you President Trump!! Radical Democrats don't give a damn about national security just gaining more power and getting more voters. The hell with the American people who have been damaged by Illegals and the hell with the cost to the American taxpayers. Supporters of the radical Democratic Party are now enemies of the American people

Negatives like stopping illegal immigration?? Thank you President Trump!! Radical Democrats don't give a damn about national security just gaining more power and getting more voters. The hell with the American people who have been damaged by Illegals and the hell with the cost to the American taxpayers. Supporters of the radical Democratic Party are now enemies of the American people

Who has been "damaged" by illegal immigrants? Is a wall going to stop this "damage"? That is what the fight is all about, Trump's silly wall.

The Wall is keeping Mueller and his investigation of Trump and his crime family off the 'front pages' too.

This is the whole point.....I just hope we don't get a war when the report comes out.

How is he getting his ass handed to him? Keep the government shut down for a few more months. These workers not getting paid are all Democrats. It doesn't hurt Trump.

How is he getting his ass handed to him? Keep the government shut down for a few more months. These workers not getting paid are all Democrats. It doesn't hurt Trump.

Uh huh... Being demonstrably the most ineffectual, tantrum throwing, poopy diaper of a president doesn't hurt him... Riiiiiight. ;)

He's getting his ass handed to him by being flatly denied. While he gets nothing done, and shuts down things in tantrums, they are getting stuff done - all their supporters want is for them to stop the madman. And they're doing it. :shrug: Dems for the win...hehe...

How bad is it when you call a meeting in your house (situation room), and then leave in a huff, in your own house?

I dunno...it hasn't happened to me since I was 6. :lol: I remember being pretty butthurt by it at the time, though. lolz

EDIT: Though, I guess that wasn't my house. Ya, I can't say as I have any understanding of the situation. So, pretty bad, I guess...haha

If trump wanted his idiotic wall he should have got it done while Republicans were in full control.

Why didn't he? Because enough Republicans realized it is a stupid idea and just a waste of taxpayer dollars, and the great negotiator could not convince them or the American public otherwise. So the American public responded with a blue wave, trump lost and will never get his oh so very special wall.

So now trump is throwing a hissy fit and punishing the country by abusing his authority and taking he government hostage.

He should be aware we do not negotiate with terrorists or traitors!!!

Good thread from Noah Rothman. He breaks down the fact that Republicans have not been very supportive of the idea of the wall over the last 2 years.

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1083017046739378176

Noah Rothman@NoahCRothman

You might get the impression from this fight that Congressional Republicans are now and always were united behind Trump’s border wall. You’d be wrong. A brief review:

7:06 AM - 9 Jan 2019

I suspect that many repubicants are well paid (via completely legal campaign contributions, of course) to let the "job creators" use lower cost illegal immigrant labor. This is why universal mandatory E-Verify will never come to pass.

:lamo You alright over there, bud? What happens when the Left declares people like YOU the "enemies of the American people"? You understand there's more of them than there are of you, right?

Oy vey, the drama... :roll:

Uh huh... Being demonstrably the most ineffectual, tantrum throwing, poopy diaper of a president doesn't hurt him... Riiiiiight. ;)

He's getting his ass handed to him by being flatly denied. While he gets nothing done, and shuts down things in tantrums, they are getting stuff done - all their supporters want is for them to stop the madman. And they're doing it. :shrug: Dems for the win...hehe...

So Democrats win when people don't get checks?

A wall is not going to stop illegal immigration. In fact, it would probably make the problem worse by diverting funds from things that are effective.

Listening to Pence's press briefing the overarching information that he continued to emphasize is that:

Suddenly after 2 years Trump discovered a crisis at the southern border. Apparently the all knowing and all seeing and all powerful President Oz is the only person bright enough to recognize the crisis.

VP Pence emphasized again and again that GOP and the VP worked really hard, really hard, all weekend. The VP wants America to know that he and the GOP leaders worked all weekend on a solution. In fact they worked so hard that today's meeting concerning the sudden border crisis that the meeting held with Democratic leaders today had to be held in secret, away from the American people and away from the press.

VP Pence said that Trump's leadership is so profoundly inspiring and Trump is so magnanimous that Trump expressed his willingness to call it a barrier rather than a wall. What a guy!

Pence couldn't/didn't/wouldn't go into detail concerning the "crisis" other than to repeat what President Donald J Huckster said last night. Drugs and illegals are pouring over the border. We must seal the border to stop the murders, rapes and opioids. Yes, he said opioids are pouring over the southern border, he failed to mention that more than 90% are coming through ports of entry.

The fact that Pence didn't provide actual numbers and comparative data is understandable as Trump's base will not and has not asked those questions and doesn't care - and the base was all today's charade was about.

VP Pence did not say why it is necessary to shut down the government and make the nation less safe now than it was before Trump suddenly within the last few days had a vision that showed him the crisis at the border. :roll:

Last edited:
Those workers not getting paid and are not Democrats or Republicans they are AMERICAN'S!!!

And this is not about trump winning this is supposed to be about our nation.

Does the phrase united we stand, divided we fall ring a bell to you at all???

View attachment 67247657

He doesn't get it yet. Taking hostages and issuing demands is no way to govern.

If he wants to end his own shutdown, he needs to get over himself and offer the Democrats something worthwhile.

Now, maybe one thinks they still shouldn't take it to discourage this behavior, but I tend to aim at the most pragmatic approach. If he wants to give the Dems DACA for the entire wall, fine, let's let him waste his 25 billion or whatever.

It'll be a big stupid waste anyway, yes, but that waste will pale in comparison to the size and stupidity of the >$1,000,000,000,000 deficits we're running thanks to a third round of tax cuts that failed to stimulate things so as to grow government revenue (and by all appearances, didn't stimulate anything other than rich entities' pocket growth).

Trump and a temper tantrum over his wall... what a waste.

So Democrats win when people don't get checks?

No, Dems win when they can accurately say they could put an unsharpened pencil in the WH, and it would do a better job.

Back
Top Bottom