• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So the Meeting Didn’t Go So Well

Could you post an english translation of what you just posted?
Strange that YOU would complement right-wingers while simultaneously admitting to espousing stupidity.

But you do you bro.

Seems odd you can't read English unless it's typed absolutely perfectly. But not everyone can be as smart as me. Keep trying.

Strange that YOU would complement right-wingers while simultaneously admitting to espousing stupidity.

But you do you bro.

Seems odd you can't read English unless it's typed absolutely perfectly. But not everyone can be as smart as me. Keep trying.

I dont complement right wingers

No bill included Trump's promise of a wall and 5 billion dollars is a drop in the bucket. te

Bingo.. billions for border security.. a bipartisan bill that passed UNANIMOUSLY.. in the senate to fund the government. In a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS by the way. And Trump won't sign the bill. Why. "you did not give me my wall".

Everything else.. but not the wall. And that's on Trump.

Spending money wisely means getting a return on investment which most conservatives, apparently not you, understand.

Exactly... and what experts on immigration say.. is that since the vast majority of illegal Immigrants do not cross over where Trump wants his wall. Its a terrible return on investment.

The wall will not lower immigrations costs.. it will add to them.

Return on investment maybe something you should investigate
I know it well.. that's why I know the wall is a terrible turn on investment. In fact.. according to trump.. MEXICO was supposed to pay for the wall. Just another one of trumps lies.

yes he came to the table one thing one thing. They said absolutely not. That's failure to compromise.

No.. he came to the table.. i.e. republicans will all sorts of things to fund the government. It was a large give away to republicans to fund the government.. of course at the time it was a republican congress so surprise surprise. And then trump refused to sign a bill that passed unanimously... because it did not have the wall. in other words.. there is no compromise with trump.. the wall or he holds the government and its employees hostage.

an objective person would have never said that. Nobody was even willing to listen to Trump and what he would take outside of the full funding of the wall.
Sure they would.. heck they already HAD and increased border security money. That's how they funded the government back in march and its how they put forth a bill that passed the senate UNANIMOUSLY.

Any one that's objective understands that. And despite the republicans passing the Senate bill. Trump stated that he would not vote for it.. and that killed it going to the house. And the only thing he will listen to is if they give him the money to build a wall.

I would have nixed it too the Democrats are unwilling to compromise

they compromised on tons and tons of things.. it was trump that demanded.. "the wall or government closes"... Trump is the one not compromises.

In a deal.. where you come up with thousands of things that you want. And even give you more money for border security.. and you say.. "nope.. I don't care that you give me all these things.. its a wall or we close"...

you are the one that's not compromising.

No.. he came to the table.. i.e. republicans will all sorts of things to fund the government. It was a large give away to republicans to fund the government.. of course at the time it was a republican congress so surprise surprise. And then trump refused to sign a bill that passed unanimously... because it did not have the wall. in other words.. there is no compromise with trump.. the wall or he holds the government and its employees hostage.

Sure they would.. heck they already HAD and increased border security money. That's how they funded the government back in march and its how they put forth a bill that passed the senate UNANIMOUSLY.

Any one that's objective understands that. And despite the republicans passing the Senate bill. Trump stated that he would not vote for it.. and that killed it going to the house. And the only thing he will listen to is if they give him the money to build a wall.

they compromised on tons and tons of things.. it was trump that demanded.. "the wall or government closes"... Trump is the one not compromises.

In a deal.. where you come up with thousands of things that you want. And even give you more money for border security.. and you say.. "nope.. I don't care that you give me all these things.. its a wall or we close"...

Trump does not compromise? Democrats must work around that just like republicans had to work around Harry Reid when he refused to compromise. That is politics. May the man with the most power win.

No, 2/3s of the Congress can over ride a presidential veto.

Good Lord why don't they teach government in schools any more.

No Democrats want to halt the boarder wall at all cost.

Bingo.. billions for border security.. a bipartisan bill that passed UNANIMOUSLY.. in the senate to fund the government. In a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS by the way. And Trump won't sign the bill. Why. "you did not give me my wall".

Everything else.. but not the wall. And that's on Trump.

Exactly... and what experts on immigration say.. is that since the vast majority of illegal Immigrants do not cross over where Trump wants his wall. Its a terrible return on investment.

The wall will not lower immigrations costs.. it will add to them.

I know it well.. that's why I know the wall is a terrible turn on investment. In fact.. according to trump.. MEXICO was supposed to pay for the wall. Just another one of trumps lies.

Sorry, disagree completely, building a wall is an investment not a cost just like Reagan's peace dividend but that is way too much over your head. You conveniently forgot the second House bill which did pass and was sent to the senate and that did include the wall. I don't give a damn if Mexico pays for the wall or not the question is do you want border security?? Build the wall then judge Trump based upon the results. Instead you want to judge Trump without giving him the tools which makes you a liberal

No, 2/3s of the Congress can over ride a presidential veto.

Good Lord why don't they teach government in schools any more.

In the last Congress, the Senate passed a Continuing Resolution that had no money for a wall. The vote was 100-0. 100 Senators is more than 2/3

Good Lord, why don't they teach math in schools anymore?

In the last Congress, the Senate passed a Continuing Resolution that had no money for a wall. The vote was 100-0. 100 Senators is more than 2/3

So when Trump doesn't get the wall, you attack him for a broken promise? You seem to have a problem with spending 5 billion in a 4.4 TRILLION Dollar govt. Why is that? Most conservatives understand math and that there are two ways to pay for an expense, write a check or reduce expenses getting a return on that investment. The left doesn't understand the latter.

So when Trump doesn't get the wall, you attack him for a broken promise?

No, I laugh at him.
You seem to have a problem with spending 5 billion in a 4.4 TRILLION Dollar govt. Why is that? Most conservatives understand math and that there are two ways to pay for an expense, write a check or reduce expenses getting a return on that investment. The left doesn't understand the latter.

I would be willing to increase spending on the wall just as much as the repubs are willing to increase spending on providing abortions.

Do you have a problem with spending 5 billion on abortion in a 4.4 TRILLION Dollar govt? Why is that?

No, I laugh at him.

I would be willing to increase spending on the wall just as much as the repubs are willing to increase spending on providing abortions.

Do you have a problem with spending 5 billion on abortion in a 4.4 TRILLION Dollar govt? Why is that?

Of course you do because you are a big person behind a computer screen totally anonymous. Interesting how you pick and choose what you want to support where killing a baby is on the same plane as illegal immigration. Your priorities are all screwed up. Personal responsibility sucks doesn't it for abortion lovers. Reducing the cost of illegal immigration will pay for the 5.8 billion expenditure and if it doesn't then you have a legitimate complaint against Trump and that spending. Right now you have nothing and will blame him for a broken promise of not building the wall

Of course you do because you are a big person behind a computer screen totally anonymous. Interesting how you pick and choose what you want to support where killing a baby is on the same plane as illegal immigration. Your priorities are all screwed up. Personal responsibility sucks doesn't it for abortion lovers. Reducing the cost of illegal immigration will pay for the 5.8 billion expenditure and if it doesn't then you have a legitimate complaint against Trump and that spending. Right now you have nothing and will blame him for a broken promise of not building the wall

tl;dr

But they're not voting like that to override the president's veto.

Back
Top Bottom