• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention..

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I thought it was bizarre that Sarah Palin - one of Trump's rare supporters - was not invited to speak at the convention since Trump obviously doesnt have a whole lot of high profile names to talk (Scott Baio? Come on).

The official excuse Trump used was that he asked her, but she lives 'really far away'. I knew that excuse was ridiculous, so I went to the Google. 0.1142 seconds later - I got this. Classic.

So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention...

By Chitown Kev
Thursday Jul 14, 2016 · 9:29 PM CDT

Track Palin is in jail on domestic violence charges!

Little Green Footballs blogger Charles Johnson tonight directed his Twitter followers to the website of Alaska’s judicial system, which shows that Track Palin has been “remanded into custody” on the three charges that resulted from his drunken attack on his girlfriend in January.

Those three charges are Class A misdemeanors and at this writing there’s no news account on why they would result in Track Palin being remanded. However, the Twitterverse is already buzzing that this may be why Mama Grizzly will not speaking at the GOP convention. Earlier today Donald Trump waved away questions about Palin’s absence from the list of convention speakers, saying that “Alaska is a long ways away.” Uh huh.
What fine upstanding values of Real ‘Merikans the Palin family seems to have.

H/T to Joe Jervis over at Joe.My.God

So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention...

Re: So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention

Well, to Track's credit, at least he didn't try to shoot his girlfriend from a helicopter. LOL!

Re: So THAT'S why Sarah Palin will be missing from the Republican National Convention

I thought it was bizarre that Sarah Palin - one of Trump's rare supporters - was not invited to speak at the convention since Trump obviously doesnt have a whole lot of high profile names to talk (Scott Baio? Come on).

The official excuse Trump used was that he asked her, but she lives 'really far away'. I knew that excuse was ridiculous, so I went to the Google. 0.1142 seconds later - I got this. Classic.

omg I am simply quivering with anticipation to hear the defenses

Well, to Track's credit, at least he didn't try to shoot his girlfriend from a helicopter. LOL!
yet :2razz:

I wonder if he can see Russia from his cell.

I haven't been missing her. I don't think the convention is missing her. Outside of the Daily Kos (a down the middle, unbiased source, for sure) and 3G, exactly who is missing her?

If this was the reason, why was Palin on the campaign trail with Trump, speaking at several stops, over the past 6 months all after the time this incident occurred?

I agree the "really far away" excuse isn't credible, but the only reason this Track thing would be the reason would be because Palin and/or Trump had been tipped off that the media intended to make it an issue if she spoke.

I haven't been missing her. I don't think the convention is missing her. Outside of the Daily Kos (a down the middle, unbiased source, for sure) and 3G, exactly who is missing her?

I guess you have confused the two meanings of 'missing'.

Its stated 'she is MISSING from the convention'.

You stated 'no one is MISSING her'.

Different meaning, same word.

English is hard, eh?

If this was the reason, why was Palin on the campaign trail with Trump, speaking at several stops, over the past 6 months all after the time this incident occurred?

I agree the "really far away" excuse isn't credible, but the only reason this Track thing would be the reason would be because Palin and/or Trump had been tipped off that the media intended to make it an issue if she spoke.

I didnt know she was traveling with him, that makes it even weirder.

Yes, no question it would have been brought up in the media. Seems relevant to echo what happened to the person who styled hersef as 'just a hockey mom' at the same place eight years ago, and trotted out her kids every chance she got.

Notice Melania has refused to do that with her son, to her credit.

English is hard, eh?

Reporter: "Well, Mrs. Clinton, will Mr. Clinton be joining you for the Inaugural Gala Tonight?"

Mrs. Clinton(beaming): "Oh, not until later. He's having cigars with two of my new Interns right now."

, especially if you're not real good with thoughts.

You're missing Sarah. Admit it. You, and the Daily Kos. That she's missing from the convention simply means that no one there is missing her at all. If she had an invitation and didn't go, then she'd be missed. She didn't get an invitation. My dogs understand this.

You're missing Sarah. Admit it. You, and the Daily Kos. That she's missing from the convention simply means that no one there is missing her at all. If she had an invitation and didn't go, then she'd be missed. She didn't get an invitation. My dogs understand this.

No, she GOT an invitation.

In an interview with the Washington Examiner on Thursday, Trump said that Palin was asked to speak, but that the distance ultimately precluded her from making the trip.
"It's a little bit difficult because of where she is," Trump said, referring to Palin's home state of Alaska. "We love Sarah. Little bit difficult because of, you know, it's a long ways away."

Even sadder. She got one and even then she's not missed, except by you and Markos. You should at least send her a tweet or something.

I didnt know she was traveling with him, that makes it even weirder.

Yes, no question it would have been brought up in the media. Seems relevant to echo what happened to the person who styled hersef as 'just a hockey mom' at the same place eight years ago, and trotted out her kids every chance she got.

Notice Melania has refused to do that with her son, to her credit.

That's fair - Palin is responsible for the persona she developed during her time in the limelight. I don't, however, believe that people should be held accountable for the failings of their adult children. But being in politics, it's a given that will be the case.

I would note, however, that Americans and their media make a big issue about a candidate's family dynamic during the political process - it's as if a person can't be competent and trustworthy unless they have a spouse, children, faith and a regular church they attend.

this made me LOL for real

such a good Christian family

I respect her decision to stay close to home so she could spend the last week with her son before he ships out for a long stint in rehab/jail.

I was just curious as to why she really wasnt attending.

Even sadder. She got one and even then she's not missed, except by you and Markos. You should at least send her a tweet or something.

Well, its a pretty big disappointment when one of your favorite clowns doesnt perform at the clown show.

So I think several of us are disappointed.

Now we just have to listen to D list celebrities who are convinced Obama is a muslim, women blaming Hillary Clinton for their dead kids, sherrifs who tell us that we 'feel' less safe and dont even pretend we ARE less safe, and psychotic ex-mayors who know little to nothing except how to instill fear and hate into a crowd.

In an interview with the Washington Examiner on Thursday, Trump said that Palin was asked to speak, but that the distance ultimately precluded her from making the trip.
"It's a little bit difficult because of where she is," Trump said, referring to Palin's home state of Alaska. "We love Sarah. Little bit difficult because of, you know, it's a long ways away."

If only there where some way to travel long distances easily.

sarah-palin-plane.jpg

Well, its a pretty big disappointment when one of your favorite clowns doesnt perform at the clown show.

So I think several of us are disappointed.

Now we just have to listen to D list celebrities who are convinced Obama is a muslim, women blaming Hillary Clinton for their dead kids, sherrifs who tell us that we 'feel' less safe and dont even pretend we ARE less safe, and psychotic ex-mayors who know little to nothing except how to instill fear and hate into a crowd.

I just knew you could get there.

omg I am simply quivering with anticipation to hear the defenses

yet :2razz:
Up to a year in jail and a 10 K fine. Mommy will pay the fine.

And rightly so.

whistle.png

9704528-cartoon-illustration-of-running-dogs.jpg

Sounds like a violation of a stay away order. They will chuck you in jail for that.

I respect her decision to stay close to home so she could spend the last week with her son before he ships out for a long stint in rehab/jail.

I was just curious as to why she really wasnt attending.

maybe she knew she wouldn't really be welcomed

she can spend all the time she wants with him now, but I wonder what is in his head because violence is about control so what happened to him?

Oh man. This convention gets funnier by the minute.

Nate Silver just tweeted this photo out:
ab94d62ee5a4007e0627a6f10c388a02.jpg

With the caption:
Ticker at the Q promotes fake Twitter accounts @realDenaldTrump and @PaulManfort.

Apparently, these two accounts are both parody accounts.

The speechwriter for Zmelania is apparently in charge of the scrolling ticker, too!

Back
Top Bottom