• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So Tell Me....What Would You Do?

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

This is amazing...

(be sure to watch the entire clip)

I would have *'d in Tucker's pants too! LOL

I would have made a lot of noise when the bear first started toward the tree I was in and been screeching like a school girl once it started up the tree to try to scare it away.

Well, in theory, while the bear is hanging on to the tree it really can't claw you so you're fairly safe.

That being said, I'd have **** Tuckers pants too.

Now I have to rethink what I would do. On one hand, a bear is looking like it's attacking me. On the other hand, I'm up in a hunting blind with two bears in my pants.

OMG.

I've had close encounters of the Bear kind while living in PA, my house border on state game lands and they wandered through with some regularity.

That, however, was just a liiiittle too close..... :shock:

I probably would be to scared to make any sounds or scream. Probably would just have sat as still as possible and not have said a word. Maybe even try to hold my breath. Crazy stuff!!

Moral of the story: alway carry a pepper spray in the forest! :alert

I would of made a lot of noise, very similar to what you would hear from a girl at a Justin Bieber concert

This is amazing...

(be sure to watch the entire clip)

I suppose you cant do much in a stand but I suppose the "no-sent" played a role here.

This is exactly why you bring a gun even if you're bow hunting. That was just a curious cub tho...

If you encounter a bear the best thing to do is walk away slowly and make as much noise as you can by screaming or breaking sticks or whatever you have to do. If you have a gun fire a warning shot - that will usually scare a bear away but they'll come back tho especially if you have a fresh kill or have food laying around.

Also the person who shot that video is obviously familiar with bears so I wouldn't recommend pulling out your cell phone first...

I suppose you cant do much in a stand but I suppose the "no-sent" played a role here.

This is exactly why you bring a gun even if you're bow hunting. That was just a curious cub tho...

If you encounter a bear the best thing to do is walk away slowly and make as much noise as you can by screaming or breaking sticks or whatever you have to do. If you have a gun fire a warning shot - that will usually scare a bear away but they'll come back tho especially if you have a fresh kill or have food laying around.

Also the person who shot that video is obviously familiar with bears so I wouldn't recommend pulling out your cell phone first...

I would also add, walk away backwards so as to keep facing him, but don't make eye contact. Also be as tall as possible, including keeping your hands/stick over your head to appear taller.

the advice isn't much use in a tree, but I never would expect to encounter one climbing up my tree.

Cougars are just as bad if not worse. They cannot climb trees tho. I had to put one down because it was stalking me and my guys.

I don't believe in killing animals if I'm not going to eat them but this animal was a danger to me and my friends.

Cougars are just as bad if not worse. They cannot climb trees tho. I had to put one down because it was stalking me and my guys.

I don't believe in killing animals if I'm not going to eat them but this animal was a danger to me and my friends.

way worse I suspect. fortunately never met one of them! brown/black bears are more like a deadly giant raccoon. they don't really want to meet up wit you, they just want to steal your food when you aren't looking.

Hate to tell you but cougars are excellent tree climbers. Just about all cats are excellent climbers, even lions can climb trees, though they usually don't.

I would also add, walk away backwards so as to keep facing him, but don't make eye contact. Also be as tall as possible, including keeping your hands/stick over your head to appear taller.

the advice isn't much use in a tree, but I never would expect to encounter one climbing up my tree.

Absolutely...

Bears love the "flight" in "fight or flight"...

Bears are huge but they're cowards for their size. A cat on the other hand is completely different - they'll attack anyone unprovoked (unlike bears usually) and no one will ever see them coming unless they're expecting them.

I hate to say this but if you see a large cat kill it, if you see a small one you're being stalked.

Hate to tell you but cougars are excellent tree climbers. Just about all cats are excellent climbers, even lions can climb trees, though they usually don't.

Ive never seen a cat in a tree, however I don't doubt the small ones can/could climb them.

I've seen bears in trees like monkeys tho......

way worse I suspect. fortunately never met one of them! brown/black bears are more like a deadly giant raccoon. they don't really want to meet up wit you, they just want to steal your food when you aren't looking.

Cats will eventually attack you - bears wont.

The raccoon is a ancestor of the bear... If one wants to learn about the "psychology" of the bear they need look no further than the raccoon.

Ive never seen a cat in a tree, however I don't doubt the small ones can/could climb them.

I've seen bears in trees like monkeys tho......

Cougars can climb trees very fast, so I wouldn't try to climb a tree to get away from one if I were you. Never ever climb a tree to get away from a cat. All cats can climb trees just as well as a bear.

Cougar climbing tree:

Lion climbing pole:

Cougars can climb trees very fast, so I wouldn't try to climb a tree to get away from one if I were you. Never ever climb a tree to get away from a cat. All cats can climb trees just as well as a bear.

Cougar climbing tree:

Lion climbing pole:

That was a trained lion and the cougar was a baby...

That was a trained lion and the cougar was a baby...

If you don't believe me, google it for yourself. ALL cats can climb trees. All of them. :shrug: You guys really need to start watching Animal Planet or something to learn about animals.

Go to Youtube and type in "Mountain Lion attacks man in tree." You'll see what I mean. When people hunt them with dogs, they climb trees too. They even sometimes sleep in trees, yes even full grown ones.

If you don't believe me, google it for yourself. ALL cats can climb trees. All of them. :shrug: You guys really need to start watching Animal Planet or something to learn about animals.

Go to Youtube and type in "Mountain Lion attacks man in tree." You'll see what I mean. When people hunt them with dogs, they climb trees too. They even sometimes sleep in trees, yes even full grown ones.

I never deputed a small cat cant.. I'm saying a large one wouldn't.

I've spent days in the middle of no where where cats and bears roam. I think I know better than Animal Planet.

I've actually seen bear climb trees, even for no reason - I've never seen a cat do it or even saw one in a tree.

I've spent days in the middle of no where where cats and bears roam. I think I know better than Animal Planet.

I've actually seen bear climb trees, even for no reason - I've never seen a cat do it or even saw one in a tree.

Well, then you would be wrong. There are a MILLION articles on google that prove you wrong too.

Funny that.....

Cats.jpg

Back
Top Bottom