• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So - random update on me

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Husband is back home! As some of you remember - he's been shuffled around to different med facilities and military posts for the last year. He officially came home last week - he's still going through the med-hold/retirement process, though.

The high positive of him returning was doused with the death of my grandfather last weekend. The kids and I were in Oklahoma for Father's Day weekend when he passed on - so we left from Oklahoma to drive to North Carolina for the funeral. My husband came home, officially, an hour after we made our way back home and stumbled into the house.

Te week before that, though, I was in OK with hubbs as he was in the hospital with pneumonia - I think that was actually the final straw for his present home-command in regard to him being away. That spurred them to push for his return no matter what the conditions were.

I actually have been so busy traveling i haven't been at home much at all and thus not online - or doing much of anything else except for driving long distances. I've been away almost every weekend for the last three months.

Now that summer school is over with, hubbs is back home - maybe I can get some sleep (haha) and maybe I'll be able to focus on debating and research again. My van needs a break, too - when I registered it in January it had 21K miles on it . . . and now it has over 35K miles on it - I've driven THAT much. I'm not even sure how 13K miles is possible to do in 6 months but apparently I can do anything. LOL

Sorry to hear bout your grandfather passing - thanks for the update on your husband!

Enjoyed reading your latest news. :)

Husband is back home! As some of you remember - he's been shuffled around to different med facilities and military posts for the last year. He officially came home last week - he's still going through the med-hold/retirement process, though.

The high positive of him returning was doused with the death of my grandfather last weekend. The kids and I were in Oklahoma for Father's Day weekend when he passed on - so we left from Oklahoma to drive to North Carolina for the funeral. My husband came home, officially, an hour after we made our way back home and stumbled into the house.

Te week before that, though, I was in OK with hubbs as he was in the hospital with pneumonia - I think that was actually the final straw for his present home-command in regard to him being away. That spurred them to push for his return no matter what the conditions were.

I actually have been so busy traveling i haven't been at home much at all and thus not online - or doing much of anything else except for driving long distances. I've been away almost every weekend for the last three months.

Now that summer school is over with, hubbs is back home - maybe I can get some sleep (haha) and maybe I'll be able to focus on debating and research again. My van needs a break, too - when I registered it in January it had 21K miles on it . . . and now it has over 35K miles on it - I've driven THAT much. I'm not even sure how 13K miles is possible to do in 6 months but apparently I can do anything. LOL

Hope everything goes good for ya, spikey. I know you go through a lot.

Sorry to hear bout your grandfather passing - thanks for the update on your husband!

Enjoyed reading your latest news. :)

Thanks Nightrider - it was rough, but he was very ill for the last few months so he was sort of tired of living. He asked to be placed in a hospice facility in the last week. Couldn't blame him - he fought cancer for 30 years, pursued countless ventures in his life, took care of others - and like a strong guy, decided he did as much as he could with his life.

He was a great man - everyone loved him. The funeral was, as they usually are, emotional. Hundreds came to bid him a final farewell - he would have been annoyed by the high turnout. My grandmother was quick to get rid of some of his stuff. They both believed that idle items are a sign of laziness and wanted his tools and other belongings to be put to immediate use. I ended up with a large stash of romance novels that he read (a cute fact about him - he loved erotica, apparently) and I write erotica - so she shoveled them all into my trunk.

Hope everything goes good for ya, spikey. I know you go through a lot.

Thanks Gip :) I have managed to write some between the time being, though -seeing as how that's the only break I get from stress. LOL I'll be around quite a bit more, now.

Thanks Gip :) I have managed to write some between the time being, though -seeing as how that's the only break I get from stress. LOL I'll be around quite a bit more, now.

I'll try and get around to taking a peek on it here and there.

Back
Top Bottom