• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

So Parents, people going back to school

128shot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
wither its your children (or child), yourself, be it college or highschool....

are you excited for the school year?

wither its your children (or child), yourself, be it college or highschool....

are you excited for the school year?

............:confused:............What are you asking?

My daughter started kindegarten last week. I thought I would be a bit emotional sending her on the bus the first day.

As it turns out she was so excited for her first day she was up at 4:45 am. By the time the bus came at 7:30 I was over the moment. I felt no emotion but guilty pleasure of silence long since forgotten.

............:confused:............What are you asking?

Is it...that hard?

Are you excited for the new school year? I know a lot of people have kids n such so I just wanted to hear what others had to say about it. I remember my first day of school..

I just wanted to create a less dramatic atmosphere...one that didn't involve school lists

I guess not having a political agenda is hard on this forum sometimes :cool:

Tomorrow I pick up 6K in FAFSA grants and loans, only half of which will be spent on tuition, books, tools and miscellaneous supplies. The rest is for me to spend as I see fit.

Sure, I'm looking forward to shopping for tools, paying off a couple small debts and paying my bills a month in advance, so I'm exited in that regard; however my wife has told herself that she's going to buy all kinds of new furniture, jewelry, a trip cross-country by herself, a new computer and other stuff....and that's just not going to happen (well, maybe the computer;))

Oh well, it's not like I was getting any anyway.

My program should have between 12 and 25 students enrolled for the second year. We have 3 that made it through the first year. Seems most people are serving sentences or found a good job. It'll be weird being in a classroom with only 2 other people. All 3 of us will have to hold office in the various clubs, since some positions require a second year student, and those clubs can be an involved commitment.

Is it...that hard?

Are you excited for the new school year? I know a lot of people have kids n such so I just wanted to hear what others had to say about it. I remember my first day of school..

I just wanted to create a less dramatic atmosphere...one that didn't involve school lists

I guess not having a political agenda is hard on this forum sometimes :cool:

I've always had a hard time understanding those sorts of questions; I hardly ever know what sort of answer they're looking for because the question is so vague.

The beginning of the school year is always a bit stressful. I work with approximately 30-35 teens, all of whom are starting school in the next few weeks, most of whom are anxious about it. I have a lot of phone calls to make to guidance counselors before school starts, and will be fielding a lot of calls after school starts, when problems begin.

I just bought new sneakers and everything else I needed for school.
I just can't seem to get out of the 'opportunity class'.
Guess I'll just quit the 3 grade because they wont let me drive and park a car on school grounds.

My kids haven't gone back yet though I am counting the days. I swear next to Christmas it really is the happiest time of the year. I just don't know what to do with the little buggers when they're around all the time.

I am excited for school, but also kind of dreading it.

I've still got plenty of Advanced Placement Biology work to do for the summer and I've got a week to do it. >.<

But if I ever get over that, I can't wait. :)

I think for the most parts the parents here who have older children are just happy their kids will be in what is basically a free daycare for 6-8 hours of the day.

I'm excited, myself. We have had nothing but positive experiences with the schoolingof my soon to be second grader.

It wasn't that way with the first as we were in a different school system then -- one fraught with corruption and poor teachers.

One of the real positives with school is the socialization. I call my sons "my two only children "since they were born 18 years apart. The school system for son number one was like a rat cage where they did little or nothing inregards to the psychological side of child development, and they did little or nothing about bullying and other counterproductive behavior. It got so bad that I quit my carreer and moved 500 miles away.Turned out to be a great decision in the long run, for even as our finances were shakier for a while, it turned out so much better for our first son.

What a relief that the second son receives the benefits of quality schooling right from the get go.

Back
Top Bottom