• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So.......... Now We Have Seen The Russian Army In Action In Europe

It's a crude example but whatever that guy " wants" isn't going to happen anyway precisely because it isn't physically possible. You are actually endorsing my point with the above.

He wanted his army to take over Ukraine. Why do you keep lying about that?

Not before Russia annexed Crimea.

Russian expansionism is what caused Ukraine to seek NATO protection, and Russian expansionism is why NATO needs to be strengthened throughout Europe, lest other countries suffer the same fate as Ukraine.

Why do you feel the need to jump from one thing to another when your points are invalidated?

The annexation of Crimea followed the US backed coup of 2014 because the Russians were not going to allow the naval base at Sevastopol to be potentially handed over toNATO ships at some point in the future

Notice the pattern yet?

The West agitates and Russia reponds to it, shocking isn't it?

The war is about stopping the possibility of future NATO missile sites on Ukrainian soil and the danger it poses to Russian cities. That's a whole world away from the ridiculous notion that it is the start of a Russian bid to recapture Eastern Europe

Why did Eastern European nations rush to join NATO when they had the chance?

Why do you feel the need to jump from one thing to another when your points are invalidated?

The annexation of Crimea followed the US backed coup of 2014 because the Russians were not going to allow the naval base at Sevastopol to be potentially handed over toNATO ships at some point in the future

Notice the pattern yet?

Prove it.

I disagree. Putin would only love someone who is actually able to convince others to support the desired narrative. Thus far, the OP has been ineffective at convincing anyone to change his or her mind. So rather than expressing love, I would imagine Putin is seething hatred over the lack of results.

Closed minds don't change because they prefer the echo chamber instead of the chance to grow in the face of new evidence.

I'm not here to change your minds lol I understand the above is the case here. I am here to show how selective and biased the views are that underpin the closed mind

Plus.....

Putin is a total *****.

If he had any confidence at all in what he is doing and saying he wouldn't clamp down on reporting.

He is a pathetic coward.

Afraid his own people will learn the truth about what he is doing and slaughter him.

Cowardly as it is he is probably right to fear that.

Well , Snowden showed all of you how the NSA was monitoring all your communications and prying into your affairs. Did you attack and slaughter the govt that allowed that? No, you were told and conditioned to despise Snowden lol That he went to Russia to escape your nations witchhunt seems to be lost on you

Closed minds don't change because they prefer the echo chamber instead of the chance to grow in the face of new evidence.

I'm not here to change your minds lol I understand the above is the case here. I am here to show how selective and biased the views are that underpin the closed mind

Psychological projection. I see that you have the night shift on the Putin social media hack room. You must have ticked off someone.

Well , Snowden showed all of you how the NSA was monitoring all your communications and prying into your affairs. Did you attack and slaughter the govt that allowed that? No, you were told and conditioned to despise Snowden lol That he went to Russia to escape your nations witchhunt seems to be lost on you

Your bait is gettin very stale. Ask Putin to refresh it.

Well, the " liberal" West has been shutting down channels that show the Russian side of the story

Nobody lied more than Trump. Boris Johnson is a compulsive liar.

Look at the lies spun to try to justify the US illegal attack on Iraq in 2003.Rice lied, Powell lied, Bush lied

Clinton lied, Kennedy lied

The evidence for state leaders lying in pretty comprehensive and only someone completely out of touch with reality wouldn't know that but because you believe the state propaganda line you are only aware that Putin lies.

Looks like the answer to the question was the stupid part
So why on earth would you believe Putin?

Apples to oranges.

So why on earth would you believe Putin?

Because they notion that he is planning to create the old USSR is patently rubbish.

And, when you strip yourself away from THE very best propaganda system in history, our own, not everything he says is a lie nor implausible

Was Ukraine fast becoming a defacto NATO military state? The answer is yes, whether it's Putin saying it or anyone else. Facts are facts.

Listening to both sides and researching the things they say is the only way to try to get a better understanding. Or you can listen to the western MSM ( not the Russian side now because they have been censored out) and learn some truth and some BS

Apples to oranges.

No ,what it shows is just how indoctrinated we are. You prefer not to see the obvious and that's your choice, it's just not mine.

Because they notion that he is planning to create the old USSR is patently rubbish.

And, when you strip yourself away from THE very best propaganda system in history, our own, not everything he says is a lie nor implausible

Was Ukraine fast becoming a defacto NATO military state? The answer is yes, whether it's Putin saying it or anyone else. Facts are facts.

Listening to both sides and researching the things they say is the only way to try to get a better understanding. Or you can listen to the western MSM ( not the Russian side now because they have been censored out) and learn some truth and some BS

False equivalence.

No ,what it shows is just how indoctrinated we are. You prefer not to see the obvious and that's your choice, it's just not mine.
Nonsense.

It's a ridiculous apples to oranges comparison.

Nonsense.

It's a ridiculous apples to oranges comparison.

I think it gives us all a huge insight into just how robust our own indoctrination system is and how unfree we are in certain things. We live under something of a dictatorship by the rich in case you hadn't noticed

Putin's wet dream is not re-instating Soviet Russia, it's all about bringing Russia back to old power. Admittedly within the borders of influence and suppression that the Soviet Union brought it to (IOW the greatest historical scope), but without the communist and thus Soviet angle.

He voiced, as early as 1993, his preference for a Pinochet-style dictatorship and any newly established Soviet system, while truly dictatorial in the past, wouldn't allow such a concentration of power in just one man.

As to the silly claim of "the West" currently having the best propaganda machine, one need only see his Gobbels-style move of bringing all Russian media under his control, his subsequent success in making most Russians believe that there is NO WAR going on in Ukraine and his penalizing any of his subjects that dare say anything to the contrary with up to 15 years in jail.

All propaganda artists rely not only on the stupidity of the people they aim their crap at, they actively participate in creating and then exacerbating the stupidity of the very same.

As the Putin apologetics on here clearly demonstrate in their delusion of being something special alone by their pursuit of a generally controversial take that might as well come straight out of the past KGB's Dept. of Information.

Well, the " liberal" West has been shutting down channels that show the Russian side of the story

Nobody lied more than Trump. Boris Johnson is a compulsive liar.

Look at the lies spun to try to justify the US illegal attack on Iraq in 2003.Rice lied, Powell lied, Bush lied

Clinton lied, Kennedy lied

The evidence for state leaders lying in pretty comprehensive and only someone completely out of touch with reality wouldn't know that but because you believe the state propaganda line you are only aware that Putin lies.

Looks like the answer to the question was the stupid part

Whataboutism...

Whataboutism EVERYWHERE.....

Which American presidents arrested people for merely mentioning war?

Notice the pattern yet?

Sebastopol was secured by treaty was it not?

And Sebastopol was just a fraction of Crimea.

I think it gives us all a huge insight into just how robust our own indoctrination system is and how unfree we are in certain things. We live under something of a dictatorship by the rich in case you hadn't noticed
Says the guy defending Putin and actually believing what Putin says.

And Putin is an actual brutal dictator, in case you hadn't noticed

So.......... Now We Have Seen The Russian Army In Action In Europe, is everyone going to drop the ridiculous notion that Putin is aiming to recreate the old USSR and retake Eastern Europe?

Now we have seen some guy fail to get an erection are we going to drop the pretense that the guy wants to ****?
Just because someone cannot do what they want to do, that doesn't mean they don't want to do what they want to do.

It's a crude example but whatever that guy " wants" isn't going to happen anyway precisely because it isn't physically possible. You are actually endorsing my point with the above.

Your point was NOT about what Putin was aiming to do, but rather about what Putin was capable of doing?

Your point was NOT about what Putin was aiming to do, but rather about what Putin was capable of doing?
Now, now, good Sir, introducing logic upon someone constantly making a mockery of that concept is not a very nice thing to do.

There may be injuries incurred in the frenzy of rolling that one back. ;)

Ah, then you are failing rather spectacularly. May I suggest that you pursue a different and more fruitful cause? Macrame, perhaps.

Ah, then you are failing rather spectacularly. May I suggest that you pursue a different and more fruitful cause? Macrame, perhaps.

Get real. The overwhelming majority of commenters on DP are parroting the dominant narrative. Plenty of them are calling anyone that's not "Putinistas." The first group posts low quality commentary, and the second posts lower quality commentary.

Now, now, good Sir, introducing logic upon someone constantly making a mockery of that concept is not a very nice thing to do.

I saw your logic in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom