• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So many good movies coming out

Gipper

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Bad Grandpa looks hilarious. Next installation (or continuation of - won't spoil for those who didn't see the first) of The Hobbit will rock. Got a Hunger Games sequel coming out that looks interesting. However, the big one I want to see is the movie version of one of my favorite books of my youth - Ender's Game.

So looking forward to the Q4 2013 movie scene.

I have a bad feeling about Ender's game. Something tells me the movie will be a let down.

While you are all waiting, you should all watch Gravity in 3-D. Great movie.

Check out "12 years a Slave" if you geta chance.

Bad Grandpa looks hilarious. Next installation (or continuation of - won't spoil for those who didn't see the first) of The Hobbit will rock. Got a Hunger Games sequel coming out that looks interesting. However, the big one I want to see is the movie version of one of my favorite books of my youth - Ender's Game.

I'm pretty curious to see how they do Smaug. Benedict Cumberpatch was pretty good in Star Trek.

My biggest hope is that they don't end it like they did the first Hobbit.

Yea. They've set themselves up for a bit of a tricky transition here to say the least.

I still think they're nuts for trying to split the story into three movies in the first place. It would've made more sense as two.

Yea. They've set themselves up for a bit of a tricky transition here to say the least.

I still think they're nuts for trying to split the story into three movies in the first place. It would've made more sense as two.

That doesn't really bug me. I'd rather it be 2 than 3, but I can see why it wouldn't be one film.

They have to string it out for money's sake. Else Harry Potter could've been a trilogy as far as I'm concerned. Those had a lot of filler.

Holding breath and pinching nose.....

If a gigantic nerd makes Ender's Game there'll be some hope for it, but if a Bryan Singer clone directs it it's almost certainly doomed.

Oh, goddammit.

Nerd movies are disturbingly lacking in gratuitous displays of boobage

This is the internet. You can get an infinite assortment of boobies there.

I have a bad feeling about Ender's game. Something tells me the movie will be a let down.

Yeah, there are books that don't lend themselves well to movies. Those where a lot of the real action happens inside the character's head, in the character's thinking.

Yeah, there are books that don't lend themselves well to movies. Those where a lot of the real action happens inside the character's head, in the character's thinking.

While books rarely translate to the screen so well, giving it to the guy who made "X-men Origins: Wolverine" is what I would classify as sabotage.

While books rarely translate to the screen so well, giving it to the guy who made "X-men Origins: Wolverine" is what I would classify as sabotage.

Most of the X-Men movies had gaping holes. For instance, in the 3rd movie, I've seen Cain Marko (Juggernaut) without his helmet, but he still has all his powers. Furthermore, it makes no mention of the fact that he and Xavier are stepbrothers. They didn't portray Marie (Rogue) right all through the series - most notably that she's a natural redhead (ugh), and that by her age she already had many powers that she stole when she murdered Marvel Girl.

All of Stan Lee's movies have huge discrepancies. The worst is the Spider-Man series. Wow...

Most of the X-Men movies had gaping holes. For instance, in the 3rd movie, I've seen Cain Marko (Juggernaut) without his helmet, but he still has all his powers. Furthermore, it makes no mention of the fact that he and Xavier are stepbrothers. They didn't portray Marie (Rogue) right all through the series - most notably that she's a natural redhead (ugh), and that by her age she already had many powers that she stole when she murdered Marvel Girl.

All of Stan Lee's movies have huge discrepancies. The worst is the Spider-Man series. Wow...

The X-Men movies were pretty forgettable, but I think you're allowing Spiderman 3 to taint your impression of the other movies (reboot included). They were actually alright, Green Goblin mask and hokey CGI notwithstanding.

The X-Men movies were pretty forgettable, but I think you're allowing Spiderman 3 to taint your impression of the other movies (reboot included). They were actually alright, Green Goblin mask and hokey CGI notwithstanding.

I was lost immediately when, right away, they had webs shooting directly from Parker's wrist. That was just the glaring first of many.

I was lost immediately when, right away, they had webs shooting directly from Parker's wrist. That was just the glaring first of many.

Meh. You have to ask yourself if something pisses you off because it makes a change from the comics/cartoons you grew up with or because it's a legitimate crappy story device. If it's the former you just have to let it go. And for the record, I didn't like that either.

Meh. You have to ask yourself if something pisses you off because it makes a change from the comics/cartoons you grew up with or because it's a legitimate crappy story device. If it's the former you just have to let it go. And for the record, I didn't like that either.

Oh I still watch it all, but I just notice things. I was waiting a long time for X-Men: First Class because I loved the dichotomy of Lee's characters - how all enemies weren't always enemies. The star of that was Xavier (Professor X) and Lehnsherr (Magneto). Same way with Logan (Wolverine) and Creed (Sabertooth). The whole "once friends, now enemies" makes for great storyline, even though I'd argue that Charles and Erik were ever enemies. They were just friends with different goals and viewpoints. In fact, that love-hate relationship sparked the creation of Onslaught.

Also, for the record, I would love it if the next movie in that series had Stewart and McKellen in the confrontation that created Onslaught.

Oh I still watch it all, but I just notice things. I was waiting a long time for X-Men: First Class because I loved the dichotomy of Lee's characters - how all enemies weren't always enemies. The star of that was Xavier (Professor X) and Lehnsherr (Magneto). Same way with Logan (Wolverine) and Creed (Sabertooth). The whole "once friends, now enemies" makes for great storyline, even though I'd argue that Charles and Erik were ever enemies. They were just friends with different goals and viewpoints. In fact, that love-hate relationship sparked the creation of Onslaught.

Also, for the record, I would love it if the next movie in that series had Stewart and McKellen in the confrontation that created Onslaught.

First Class was definitely the best of the bunch. I missed the Onslaught story.

First Class was definitely the best of the bunch. I missed the Onslaught story.

It was probably the most aggressive Xavier and Lehnsherr were with each other. It really couldn't happen in movies because it'd be a huge break in the third X-Men (gee, what a shock). Onslaught was essentially controlling Xavier for a while, created by Xavier when he caught a vulnerable (without the helmet) Lehnsherr and psychically wiped his mind clean, absorbing his evil and it distorting him to a being called Onslaught. Now, since Xavier died in the third movie, obviously this could not come to be. However, it leads to a huge all-versus-one fight that makes the Infinity Gauntlet war look like a playground slapfight. All the hero idolators wouldn't like it because Onslaught carved through the X-Men like Thanksgiving turkey.

That section of the Marvel universe is actually quite interesting and would be a great story to tell, could it be told.

Interviews with Peter Jackson indicate that DESOLATION OF SMAUG/HOBBIT 2 will be darker and more adult than the first installment - AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY. We know we get the possibility of the greatest dragon ever seen on film and lots of epic action at Erebor. Just for that alone it should be well worth the price of admission.

You are living up to your avatar.

Back
Top Bottom