• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, It's Time for the Dems to act like Idiots

the only person blaming anyone for anything is you, you are blaming black people as a race, and saying that they should take care of their race's "own problems" and saying that you feel victimized (as a member of the white race) by them, as a race.

No, he's identifying that a clearly proven subset of the population is responsible for a disproportionate numbers of violent crimes. It's not racism, its simple numbers. If you don't like the numbers, then work to change what's causing the numbers, don't blame the calculator for showing you answers you don't like...

What world do you live in??? My god-daughter's mom was 16 when she gave birth and 15 when she got pregnant. She was irresponsibly sexually active for at least a couple of years prior to that, so a 12 year old with a 27 year old parent is not only not unheard of, it's not all that uncommon.

I live in a world where responsible people have children at 27 not 15. But, that someone who would have a kid at 15 lets said kid run around in a swimsuit at a club after midnight makes perfect sense.

No, he's identifying that a clearly proven subset of the population is responsible for a disproportionate numbers of violent crimes. It's not racism, its simple numbers. If you don't like the numbers, then work to change what's causing the numbers, don't blame the calculator for showing you answers you don't like...

What gets me about the Dimension types is their total disregard for the majority of black people who are not criminals. That someone's kid got shot because a person with no respect for human life is allowed to run free seems to totally escape them.

I'm starting to see why Trump is ahead of Clinton. And, it would not surprise me anymore if it stays that way in November.

I live in a world where responsible people have children at 27 not 15. But, that someone who would have a kid at 15 lets said kid run around in a swimsuit at a club after midnight makes perfect sense.

I have far too many people in my world who have had kids at 15. My next-door neighbor's mother was a great-great grandmother due to three generations of 15 year old mothers. Don't be so quick to judge this situation because it doesn't sound like you've had a lot of exposure to this part of society. I have friends and family who live in this kind of lifestyle and it's not as uncommon as you seem to think it is. This club was trying it's best to give kids who's idea of a normal evening was watching their mom and her boyfriend of the month fight over who took the last of the meth. Who see being a criminal as their best hope of getting out of poverty. Who have been indoctrinated with the idea that babies = gov't $$$. This is the reality that these kids live in. IT SUCKS and it sucks that something you and I see as potentially dangerous is actually far safer for them than what they would normally be doing. It's like seeing a bunch of kids shooting marbles at each other with wrist-rockets and wondering what parent would possibly allow that, but not knowing that last week they were shooting at each other with home-made zip guns.

Unfortunately, for too many of kids in poor urban neighborhoods, home is NOT a safe place... That one idea may be at the core of why these neighborhoods are such a problem.

Agreed. Another thing standing out about the Lauderdale situation is that apparently these kids were being turned out at 12:30 supposedly to ride home with the parents, yet I doubt that there was any monitoring of whether or not the kids actually had a ride.

FWIW, Bill Clinton tried the same thing with his midnight basketball. That didn't go well either.

Yeah, real safe. "2 Dead in Mass Shooting"

It's horrible parenting to let your 12 year old out after midnight. But, I see I'm talking to a wall on that. I guess you'll enjoy the victim pandering show this week too.
You're attempting the logical fallacy of turning a specific incident into a general argument, and to further nullify your argument I'll remind you that churches and schools get shot-up too.

I have no idea why you keep insisting on this losing argument.

And besides failing to win the moral argument, there is absolutely no way to use the moral argument to win the larger argument of it having a nexus to the shooting!

It's a lose-lose here, for you.

You're attempting the logical fallacy of turning a specific incident into a general argument, and to further nullify your argument I'll remind you that churches and schools get shot-up too.

I have no idea why you keep insisting on this losing argument.

And besides failing to win the moral argument, there is absolutely no way to use the moral argument to win the larger argument of it having a nexus to the shooting!

It's a lose-lose here, for you.

yeah, I must be insane to think it's nuts to let your 12-year old kid run around in a bathing suit at a club after midnight. What on earth was I thinking?

No wonder Trump is winning.

Agreed. Another thing standing out about the Lauderdale situation is that apparently these kids were being turned out at 12:30 supposedly to ride home with the parents, yet I doubt that there was any monitoring of whether or not the kids actually had a ride.

FWIW, Bill Clinton tried the same thing with his midnight basketball. That didn't go well either.

I guess the midnight spelling bee was not an option.

yeah, I must be insane to think it's nuts to let your 12-year old kid run around in a bathing suit at a club after midnight. What on earth was I thinking?

No wonder Trump is winning.
Attempting to draw political red herrings (Trump), will not win your losing argument.

No matter how you attempt to skew-it, even if you do falsely believe you're on the higher moral ground, you still have not shown a nexus between the kids' getting shot and their parent's ethics or mores.

And to answer your question: No, I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm thankful as hell it's your thinking - and not mine!

Attempting to draw political red herrings (Trump), will not win your losing argument.

No matter how you attempt to skew-it, even if you do falsely believe you're on the higher moral ground, you still have not shown a nexus between the kids' getting shot and their parent's ethics or mores.

And to answer your question: No, I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm thankful as hell it's your thinking - and not mine!

Let's simplify. If these 12-year old kids were at home and in bed, in a stable home, with responsible parents, who make thier 12 year old kids go to bed by midnight on Sunday nights, would they have been shot like they were in that parking lot?

your blaming black people as a race, because they are responsible for the most gun murders.... yes that is a racist argument

Blaming the right people is not racist just because they happen to be black.

The numbers show that blacks do an incredibly disproportionate percentage of the crime against whites while whites hardly ever do violent crime against blacks.

Not racist, just fact.

Let's simplify. If these 12-year old kids were at home and in bed, in a stable home, with responsible parents, who make thier 12 year old kids go to bed by midnight on Sunday nights, would they have been shot like they were in that parking lot?
Again, you're presenting a fallacy by attempting to turn a specific example into a general argument. It cannot be done.

And again, I will remind you that kids have been shot at home, at church, and at school, including by their own parents.

Like I said: It's fair to say that for your own personal mores midnight is personally too late for you to pick your kid up, but you haven't made an argument for these victim's parental mores having nexus to this shooting.

But you keep trying ...

Has anybody looked at the Facebook page of the club in question?

Their photos show a sleazy place with not a white face in sight.

No good parent would let their child go there.

This will turn out to be a gang banger shooting.......a little skirmish among black drug lords.

Again, you're presenting a fallacy by attempting to turn a specific example into a general argument. It cannot be done.

And again, I will remind you that kids have been shot at home, at church, and at school, including by their own parents.

Like I said: It's fair to say that for your own personal mores midnight is personally too late for you to pick your kid up, but you haven't made an argument for these victim's parental mores having nexus to this shooting.

But you keep trying ...

If they were shot at home while in bed, it would be a tragedy of epic proportions, and I would have 100% sympathy for parents trying to do right by their kids terrorized by the hoodlums in their neighborhoods. But, that's not what happened. Is it?

If they were shot at home while in bed, it would be a tragedy of epic proportions, and I would have 100% sympathy for parents trying to do right by their kids terrorized by the hoodlums in their neighborhoods. But, that's not what happened. Is it?
It would be a tragedy.

But it would not carry your argument.

It would be a tragedy.

But it would not carry your argument.

My argument is sound. Your reasoning on this not so much.

Both parties run on with their own creation of victimhood.

The gullible lap it up.

Most voters are gullible.

It pays to lie to the gullible.

You're dreaming calamity: specific --> general, is not a winning argument.

Let me see if I have this correct. You are saying it is perfectly reasonable parenting to have their 12-year-old daughter out in a club parking lot at 12:30 AM on a Monday morning. And, if said 12 year old gets shot in that parking lot, it is not the parent's fault in any way shape or form. Do I have that right?

I'm wondering if you feel the same way about Michael Brown's mom or maybe Charlie Manson's. Nothing they did wrong. Right?

" So, It's Time for the Dems to act like Idiots"

Acting? Acting? You think they're acting?

In all fairness, with the exception of parading up illegal immigrants, the DNC prime-time show was reasonable. I loved Sarah Silveman's slam on Bernie Bots. About time someone called out those whiney little snot-nosed punks.

I see by the schedule that "Mothers of the Movement" are slated for Tuesday. Basically this is a platform for mothers who ****ed up as mothers, failed to teach their boys right from wrong, to blame someone else for why their "baby" is dead.

Let's blame cops for killing black men. Let's not address the fact that violent crime is disproportionately high in the black community, which may explain why cops are a bit edgy when a black male reaches for his waist band. Oh, and let's not blame the criminal element in that community. No! Let's blame...GUNZ! Gotta be the guns. It can't possibly be the violent young men who make those neighborhoods war zones. No! That's impossible.

And, that in one bold move sums up what is wrong with the Democrats.

D is the party that of blaming someone else for your troubles. You're poor. Don't look inside to see what you maybe did wrong or could change about yourself to remedy your situation. No! Blame the system, the rich, the Republicans, anyone except the fact that you got arrested 8 times for petty crimes or have a felony, dropped out of school or never bothered to go in the first place, can't hold a job because you don't show up on time or bother to go in at all, or failed the drug test. No! We can't have that. We must blame someone else.

So, I expect a week long whinefest--the let's blame someone week, I call it.

Well, I am pleased to say that I was wrong. My cynical prediction has thus far been proven to be prejudicial projection. The "Mothers" did a fine job, channeling all the right themes and leaving the vitriol outside the door....or perhaps it found its way inside the heads of those idiot Bernie Bots with the black tape stuck across their mouths.

Bravo!

What pisses me off the most is that those mothers who ruined those dead boys by their total failure to raise them properly will now blame cops for their deaths. I can totally understand why so many republican voters are sick of this nonsense.

It's been two days now...so where's the mothers blaming the cops?

Back
Top Bottom