• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

so is this TRUE?

DeeJayH said:
http://www.mkki.org/meds.html

was wondering if this had been debunked anywhere.
or is it real video of Sniping in Afghanistan

and just where can i get me one dem darn thangs

Gonna be doing some sniping, are we? :confused:

Looks real, I dunno.

I don’t see anything in the video that proves to me that’s
It’s really in Afghan and that’s its humans being shot.

I'm not a sniper nor have I had any training in the art but one would have to ask would it be worth giving away your position just to tape it?

One thing I did notice was the longest shot took two seconds from the time of the report to impact. With a velocity 2800 (M107) feet per second this would suggest the target was about 4500 to 5600 feet away? Yes/no?
(I cant find anything on the curve)

I don’t know anything about small video cameras but are the one on the market able to get shots like that?

This particular video flew around the Corps Intranet for a bit. In the third and fourth clip, they are definately human targets. It appears to be northern Iraq or Afghanistan (choosing between the two). However, since we do not have active Sniper teams in the Kurdish lands, it would be a good guess that this is Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, there is an area near the Pakistani/Afghani border that is banned for all travelers. This was a route frequently used by Tali-Ban and Al-Queda fighters when traveling back and forth between the war zone and "safe haven." It is still used sometimes and there are Pakistani Sniper teams operating in this area on the Pakistani side as well.

Don't know about this video specifically, but similar videos are used in the Scout Sniper School.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
This particular video flew around the Corps Intranet for a bit. In the third and fourth clip, they are definately human targets. It appears to be northern Iraq or Afghanistan (choosing between the two). However, since we do not have active Sniper teams in the Kurdish lands, it would be a good guess that this is Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, there is an area near the Pakistani/Afghani border that is banned for all travelers. This was a route frequently used by Tali-Ban and Al-Queda fighters when traveling back and forth between the war zone and "safe haven." It is still used sometimes and there are Pakistani Sniper teams operating in this area on the Pakistani side as well.

Don't know about this video specifically, but similar videos are used in the Scout Sniper School.

Hmm I just don’t see it.
The 3rd and 4th shots look more like a small to medium animals to me.
One thing you can see it that all the shots are from the same area.
The rock formation, vegetation and even the algae growth on the rocks.

DeeJayH said:
http://www.mkki.org/meds.html

was wondering if this had been debunked anywhere.
or is it real video of Sniping in Afghanistan

and just where can i get me one dem darn thangs

The weapon is very real.
m107-pic2.jpg

sam82a1.jpg

http://tri.army.mil/LC/cs/csi/sahist.htm#M82A1

Here is a another 50 cal rifle.
http://www.mitchellsales.com/rifles/blackarrow/

They sure do know how to advertise.
mitchellsales04.jpg

mitchellsales05.jpg

jamesrage said:
The weapon is very real.

Why am I not surprised that you would be the one to post pictures of some chick you will never have holding a gun you will never have?

jallman said:
Why am I not surprised that you would be the one to post pictures of some chick you will never have holding a gun you will never have?
The only reason why I do not have one of those weapons is because I can not afford one right now,

Here is a picture of a chick I will never have,unless I become some shallow movie actor instead of computer nerd.
JessicaAlba1.jpg

Here are some more photos of chicks with guns.
http://www.alex-in-wonderland.com/GirlsWithGuns/Pictures/index.html

Ooh, pin-ups.....I like this one. :lol:

JaneFonda.jpg

wow, thanks for the link jamesrage.....I love these

JaneRussell.jpg

Maybe we can turn this into the chicks with guns thread.....

RaquelWelch1.jpg

I don't see any guns...;)

mixedmedia said:
Ooh, pin-ups.....I like this one. :lol:

JaneFonda.jpg

I think this is a more accurate depiction of hanoi jane.
fondaBW.gif

DeeJayH said:
Hanoi Jane should be executed for treason

I agree.That fu<ken <unt should fry for her treasonous acts.Apparently during the vietnam war our government lost it's fu<ken balls to handle traitorous rat <unts like Fonda.

jamesrage said:
I agree.That fu<ken <unt should fry for her treasonous acts.Apparently during the vietnam war our government lost it's fu<ken balls to handle traitorous rat <unts like Fonda.

I don't like you.

I think you suck.

But, only because I agree with your statement...

(Notice, TOT, ptsdkid, Ivan the eee, this has nothing to do with me being named the Basement Warden or the irrefutable fact that I am the CIC of the monkey army.) I have had, and always will have, this in my hip pocket. Little boys.

A little demonstration of my God-like powers...

Attachments

• My guys 001.jpg
    My guys 001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
  • My guys 062.jpg
    My guys 062.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 15
I think you all suck. Goodbye....

mixedmedia said:
I think you all suck. Goodbye....

Loud and clear. I gotta get all front and center on this one mixed.

Hanoi Jane gave comfort to the enemy during a time of war.

It's just something you don't do.

Just fine to protest on the Mall.

Start a petition.

Get all grass roots like.

This is The Dungeon right?

Listen to what the Vets have to say.

Or did I miss something?

Fuc*k that bitch.

teacher said:
Loud and clear. I gotta get all front and center on this one mixed.

Hanoi Jane gave comfort to the enemy during a time of war.

It's just something you don't do.

Just fine to protest on the Mall.

Start a petition.

Get all grass roots like.

This is The Dungeon right?

Listen to what the Vets have to say.

Or did I miss something?

Fuc*k that bitch.

Disliking or even hating her for what she did is one thing. Wishing she were dead for it is another altogether.

That said, I had unsubscribed from this thread but I came back to apologize. Especially to you, teach. I'm sorry. But I get a little anxious when people blithely start calling for heads. Especially those who consider themselves devout Christians.

teacher said:
I don't like you.

I think you suck.

But, only because I agree with your statement...

(Notice, TOT, ptsdkid, Ivan the eee, this has nothing to do with me being named the Basement Warden or the irrefutable fact that I am the CIC of the monkey army.) I have had, and always will have, this in my hip pocket. Little boys.

A little demonstration of my God-like powers...

I can do crappy little drawings too.

I think this one would make a nice avatar.

teachersucks.jpg

Here is what I think you looked like before you started losing hair

myguys001.jpg

mixedmedia said:
Disliking or even hating her for what she did is one thing. Wishing she were dead for it is another altogether.

That said, I had unsubscribed from this thread but I came back to apologize. Especially to you, teach. I'm sorry. But I get a little anxious when people blithely start calling for heads. Especially those who consider themselves devout Christians.

Nice to see that you think treason is no big fu<ken deal.I am suprised Jane Fonda has not posed in suicide bomber vest with Al Qeada.

jamesrage said:
Nice to see that you think treason is no big fu<ken deal.I am suprised Jane Fonda has not posed in suicide bomber vest with Al Qeada.

Yes. I think what she did is was no big ****ing deal even 40 YEARS AGO. How did it affect you, jamesrage? How did it affect the war effort? Give me some specifics. I want hard data from an objective source. Fact is, you and other ghoulish types like you ENJOY having pariahs to condemn to death simply for the fact they pissed you off. You should be thanking Jane Fonda for giving you so many years of warm fuzzies to smarm about at the bar with your buddies. Take it on the road, jamesrage. I've seen this show already about a million times too many.

mixedmedia said:
Yes. I think what she did is was no big ****ing deal even 40 YEARS AGO. How did it affect you, jamesrage? How did it affect the war effort? Give me some specifics. I want hard data from an objective source. Fact is, you and other ghoulish types like you ENJOY having pariahs to condemn to death simply for the fact they pissed you off. You should be thanking Jane Fonda for giving you so many years of warm fuzzies to smarm about at the bar with your buddies. Take it on the road, jamesrage. I've seen this show already about a million times too many.

Errr, Jane was a bitch, a opportunist, and a traitor, you can't really defend her without taking a whole lot of ****! But you have a way of taking these sides of an issue, I don't know if you're just an angry bitch, or Jane herself?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom