• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So is keeping 30 million people from insurance the best the GOP can do?

Then fix it instead of repealing it. Oh by the way Cruze is going to lose this fight and you are going to have to live with the ACA my friend.

Republicans have been campaigning for two years to do just that, and Cruz is not attempting to win a fight. He's going on record opposing it. After October first, you'll see why.

Republicans have been campaigning for two years to do just that, and Cruz is not attempting to win a fight. He's going on record opposing it. After October first, you'll see why.

If it gets insurance for 30 million people then it will work.

BS my friend. How is keeping 30 million
people ininsured good for America?

You're full of it.

Projections continue to show that there will still be 30 million who won't have insurance.

Please peddle those talking points somewhere else ok ?

I'm not a Lib, which means I'm smart enough not to buy into democrat lies.

We still have not heard your ideas to replace the ACA my right wing friends. Is keeping 30 million Americans from health care the best you can do? That sounds like a loser to me and Newt also from what he said at the GOP meeting a few weeks ago. Remember social security was not that popular at first until people saw what good it did. Is the same thing going to happen with the ACA? I think conservatives are afraid of just that yet saying no is the only idea they seem to have.

I don't know why I keep giving the GOP free advice but here goes again. One of the biggest mistakes the GOP has made and continues to make is our insistence on disagreeing with the democrats on EVERYTHING apparently for no other reason than a passion for disagreeing with the democrats. Non-republicans misunderstand this and actually believe the GOP is against people being able to go to the doctor unless they're fortunately enough to fall into a qualifying category...or are against using everything in our arsenal to defeat Al Qaeda...see loosing a US Olympic host bid to Brazil as a victory because the proposed US host city was Obama's home town...etc., etc. Advice: gain some credibility and find things the democrats have done that is positive, congratulate them and celebrate it in the spirit of America comes before partisanship.

I don't know why I keep giving the GOP free advice but here goes again. One of the biggest mistakes the GOP has made and continues to make is our insistence on disagreeing with the democrats on EVERYTHING apparently for no other reason than a passion for disagreeing with the democrats. Non-republicans misunderstand this and actually believe the GOP is against people being able to go to the doctor unless they're fortunately enough to fall into a qualifying category...or are against using everything in our arsenal to defeat Al Qaeda...see loosing a US Olympic host bid to Brazil as a victory because the proposed US host city was Obama's home town...etc., etc. Advice: gain some credibility and find things the democrats have done that is positive, congratulate them and celebrate it in the spirit of America comes before partisanship.

I too am a big time fan of the Lord of the Rings. You hit the nail on the head my friend. It makes the GOP look mean and nasty when they want to cut foodstamps,unemployment and fight against gay rights. They come across as hating everyone who is not rich when they played a big part in the down fall of our economy. When you go against the poor in this economy you are ticking off a huge voting block when you add the minority and female vote along with that. It can only hurt the American right wing in the long run.

Do you like Prog rock like I do? It goes with loving Tolken.

I too am a big time fan of the Lord of the Rings. You hit the nail on the head my friend. It makes the GOP look mean and nasty when they want to cut foodstamps,unemployment and fight against gay rights. They come across as hating everyone who is not rich when they played a big part in the down fall of our economy. When you go against the poor in this economy you are ticking off a huge voting block when you add the minority and female vote along with that. It can only hurt the American right wing in the long run.

Not just the poor but anybody who happens to be in constituencies the democrats are trying to serve; any minority, women, immigrants and their descendants, bank account holders. Anything the democrats are trying do the republicans oppose seemingly in many cases for no other reason than to oppose the president and inadvertently make enemies of voters.

Not just the poor but anybody who happens to be in constituencies the democrats are trying to serve; any minority, women, immigrants and their descendants, bank account holders. Anything the democrats are trying do the republicans oppose seemingly in many cases for no other reason than to oppose the president and inadvertently make enemies of voters.

That is your opinion, but then of course maybe you are for greater govt. dependence, massive growth in the size of the govt, a large central govt, new entitlement programs, and legislating equal outcome rather than what the Constitution states, equal opportunity. You see, all Obama has done is create greater dependence on the govt. ignoring personal responsibility and states' right issues. Our Founders envisioned a country where neighbor helped neighbor and never was that neighbor the Obama bureaucrats. Obama and liberals are doing a great job of buying votes. What are you going to do when you run out of other people's money to spend?

We still have not heard your ideas to replace the ACA my right wing friends. Is keeping 30 million Americans from health care the best you can do? That sounds like a loser to me and Newt also from what he said at the GOP meeting a few weeks ago. Remember social security was not that popular at first until people saw what good it did. Is the same thing going to happen with the ACA? I think conservatives are afraid of just that yet saying no is the only idea they seem to have.

The delusional Lefties villify people who are forced to pay, and refuse to pay the TWENTY YEAR protege of the Black Racist Whackjob "Goddamn America" Wright, and who is also the Enabler of Islamofascist Swinish Muslim Bros, Obummerrhoid's, ObummerCare because this is FINANCIAL INSANITY !!!

It is FINANCIAL INSANITY because this 85% of the Total Population's Productive Members have to subsidize 13 million illegal aliens, i.e. criminals ....... with Health Insurance....... and paying Health Insurance under ObummerCare for an ADDITIONAL 10 million deadbeats and moochers who are his political core, i.e., the Occupy Wall Street human trash.

This idiotic ObummerCare misnamed Affordable Care Act is a HUGH LIE. Obummercare is NON-IMPLEMENTAL with all sorts of POLITICALLY DISCRIMINATING WAIVERS handed out to the corrupt supporters of the Ex -ACORN Community Organizing Charlatan. And even more to the point is the unavoidable COST-PREPOSTEROUS factor when one forces 85% of the Total Population, the productive members of our Nation, as stated above, to subsidize the 13 Million Illegal Aliens i.e., CRIMINALS and the additional 10% of our Nation's deadbeats and moochers, i.e., the Occupy Wall Street nutjobs who are the core of Obummerhoid's DEM party. These costs slapped on to the already high costs of existing Health Care costs.......paid by the 85% of the total population who are the Productive members of our Nation.

What causes the Obummercare to be even more egregious is that the idiotic ObummerCare forces the Small Businesses to either go bankrupt, or replace the work force with Part Time employees. Destroying the Small Businesses with ObummerCare is especially insane because Small Businesses employ ~75% of our Nation's work force.

That is your opinion, but then of course maybe you are for greater govt. dependence, massive growth in the size of the govt, a large central govt, new entitlement programs, and legislating equal outcome rather than what the Constitution states, equal opportunity. You see, all Obama has done is create greater dependence on the govt. ignoring personal responsibility and states' right issues. Our Founders envisioned a country where neighbor helped neighbor and never was that neighbor the Obama bureaucrats. Obama and liberals are doing a great job of buying votes. What are you going to do when you run out of other people's money to spend?

I am?

I always get a kick out of people writing the script on what I supposedly support politically. Don't feel I'm singling you out, its pretty common especially in personal relationships. I honestly don't get how anybody thinks they've gained such insights into the minds of other people they believe they're qualified to define their positions on a wide range of issues often with very little basis and/or in the face of the person they're defining graciously correcting them yet still insisting the person they're defining is wrong and they, the expert on the other person's mind, knows more about what that thinks than the person himself. I have a friend of specializes in this who is also a Republican party hack and to be honest, this type of treatment is in my humble opinion very condescending and helps me to define the overall culture of the republican party that along with numerous disturbing aspects as something I want to be less and less a part of. Forgive my venting. I'm really thinking about this as one aspect of the political right culture, not you specifically. In fact, after re-reading your reply I noticed you qualified your statement with "Maybe you are for..." I have a friend you tells me to my face what I support, don't support, etc. often while I'm telling him what it is I actually support. Drives me nuts.

To clarify.

- greater govt. dependence.
No. I do however support "teach a man to fish" programs with the belief they'll eventually eliminate their need. I think its best when private non-profit organizations are allowed to compete with the government programs with equivalent funding. For example, in my city Habitat for Humanity is kicking the butts of government housing projects, so much so that the city government gives free land Habitat. What I do not support is yanking the support that so many people have been conditioned to depend upon instantly without offering a compassionate transition, educational and vocational training, etc. I think for mothers of infants and toddlers we probably need to do the math and ask ourselves, whats more expensive, making her go get a full-time job possibly with little education and the childcare expense that incurs or letting her stay home and be her kid's own childcare provider while enrolled in online education improving her situation and producing kids who will be better citizens that if they were raised by strangers ? I think the knee jerk reaction of making no father in the home a condition of eligibility for government assistance has had horribly destructive consequences on numerous levels. I also am of the view than prison and high crime rates are a greater burdens on tax-payers than government assistance, especially if done smartly with the goal of helping people stand on their own and incentivizes 2 parent families, educational achievement and responsibility.

- massive growth in the size of the govt,
Heck no.

- ignoring personal responsibility
Heck no.

- and states' right issues.
That's a tricky one. I do think states rights should be respected but in consideration of what I think are disturbing practices I think we might need to reconsider to what extent states rights should go. Almost the entire segregationist/white supremacy agenda in the lead up to the Civil War to Civil Rights era stood on the principle of "states rights" to justify the legal codification of racism. In recent months certain groups with political agendas who control certain states have used their control of state government not just to enact policy but to try to change voting rules in their group's favor, restrict access to voting and make voting more difficult among those who do not support their group.

I personally think it makes sense to have a single ballot format nationally and elections administration This in consideration of the 2000 chaos in Florida where not only did the state have its own system, but each county had a different ballot format and some reports surfaced that elderly voters from the North East who have winter homes in the state were voting twice, in Florida in person and by absentee in New England, etc.

I think people should be allowed to buy health insurance across state lines to increase competition and reduce costs of premiums.

I think Arizona SB 1070 is ridiculous.

I support a direct election of the President with a runoff system or at a minimum creating Electoral College delegations for representing Americans living overseas, the US territories and active duty military.

Do you like Prog rock like I do? It goes with loving Tolken.
Being a Tolkien fan my self I have to disagree.

With one exception, I DO LIKE some of Yes's older music but prog rock doesn't do it for me.

Have you read The Silmarillion ?

None of them any good my friend. They all seemed to be attacking trial lawers and making the rich richer. None of those ideas adressed the tens of millions of uninsured Americans.

:roll: And your documentation of this?

Being a Tolkien fan my self I have to disagree.

With one exception, I DO LIKE some of Yes's older music but prog rock doesn't do it for me.

Have you read The Silmarillion ?

Yes I have. It is great. Yes playes the most complex rock that was popular ever. Prog takes time to rock but if you waite it does rock hard and i love the fact ot is for the most part non romantic which I think is not creative. Peter Gabrial writes songs about politics and human suffering while maintianing killer musicianship. The only time I can handle music about relationships is the blues because it does not come across as sentimental BS like most pop music does.

I do hope the house can get its act together and pass a clean CR and stop hurting our economy. The right can help make the ACA better.

85% of the population has insurance coverage. A less than 1% surtax on their policies could have easily paid for the other 15% that don't. :shrug:

There is already an 8% surcharge to cover the uninsured and it didn't work so good.

One of them was insurance exchanges and required purchase of insurance. It was a conservative idea touted by Gingrich, and of course implemented in Romneycare.

Hey wait, that's what Obamacare does!

So conservatives are against Obamacare even though it's based on a conservative idea, propounded by an arch conservative politician and put into effect by a conservative governor.

It's almost as if conservatives are totally dishonest.

You forgot that Romney was not just a Conservative he was SEVERELY conservative. I heard it from his own mouth.

Because it didn't provide health insurance.

Perhaps the fate of the ACA will be decided by those who already have insurance but are forced into government exchanges. If they get a better deal or a worse deal. I forget the company's name, but they decided to drop spouses and dependents from their company insurance policies only insuring those who work for them. Needless to say, the spouses and dependents are none too happy at the moment.

Perhaps the fate of the ACA will be decided by those who already have insurance but are forced into government exchanges. If they get a better deal or a worse deal. I forget the company's name, but they decided to drop spouses and dependents from their company insurance policies only insuring those who work for them. Needless to say, the spouses and dependents are none too happy at the moment.

That would be UPS and you are going to see more of that which again calls into question another broken Obama promise, "if you want to keep your doctor or your insurance plan, you can" Just another of the many Obama lies.

That would be UPS and you are going to see more of that which again calls into question another broken Obama promise, "if you want to keep your doctor or your insurance plan, you can" Just another of the many Obama lies.

I personally think when the president said that, he meant it. This is an unforeseen circumstance that is happening and is happening a lot. When you change the rules of the game, you can't expect everyone to continue doing exactly what they were doing prior to the change of rules. In other words, one realisticly can't except companies to continue to insure their employees when more mandates are applied that drive up costs to the companies. They naturally will start to look for ways to cut cost and a way around those mandates or drop company insurance altogether. Time will tell.

I personally think when the president said that, he meant it. This is an unforeseen circumstance that is happening and is happening a lot. When you change the rules of the game, you can't expect everyone to continue doing exactly what they were doing prior to the change of rules. In other words, one realisticly can't except companies to continue to insure their employees when more mandates are applied that drive up costs to the companies. They naturally will start to look for ways to cut cost and a way around those mandates or drop company insurance altogether. Time will tell.

Obama says a lot of things that he means, the problem is too many people aren't listening. Most people hire others based upon their resume, Obama was hired on his rhetoric. It really is a shame because his resume showed zero leadership skills and he is exhibiting that lack of those skills right now. He is transforming America into a country that most never envisioned and yet he continues to get support. Obama has no idea what he is doing, lacks any basic understanding of how our economy works, and thus is generating the kind of results that many here expected. His incompetence is showing that he is an empty suit.

Yeah, yet another example of his Naivete then, and lack of understanding of business. I think he, and the rest of the socialists here, thought business would just absorb the costs and keep chugging.

Besides, if Obama was a Republican...everyone would be screaming "Obama lied!" over all these well intentioned but broken promises.

Yes I have. It is great. Yes playes the most
complex rock that was popular ever. Prog takes time to rock but if you waite it does rock hard and i love the fact ot is for the most part non romantic which I think is not creative. Peter Gabrial writes songs about politics and human suffering while maintianing killer musicianship. The only time I can handle music about relationships is the blues because it does not come across as sentimental BS like most pop music does.

I do hope the house can get its act together and pass a clean CR and stop hurting our economy. The right can help make the ACA better.

The economy was trashed in 2008 and hasn't gotten any better and its not the fualt of the GOP.

40 Jobs bills from the House sit in the senate waiting for a vote that will never come and Obama's policies which include ACA are entirely to blame for our economy, " hurting".

The economy was trashed in 2008 and hasn't gotten any better and its not the fualt of the GOP.

40 Jobs bills from the House sit in the senate waiting for a vote that will never come and Obama's policies which include ACA are entirely to blame for our economy, " hurting".

Shhhn, you are exposing the best kept secret in the nation. You mean there are actual bills passed by the "do nothing" House that are sitting in Reid's desk? No way, no liberal would ever sit on legislation for personal gain. The public is way too educated to let the Democrats get away with this. Just look at the liberals in this forum calling the Senate the "do nothing Senate" showing total bipartisanship and holding their party to the same standards as they hold Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom