• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So I'm watching these older folks stuck in the middle of a war praying to their god to stop the bombings.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
And yet the bombings are not stopping, why not?

As my father in law, a WWII combat veteran in the Pacific, once said “there are no atheists in foxholes.”
Why do you care? People seek solace in whatever way they can. Do not mock them.

And yet the bombings are not stopping, why not?
What? You mean the prayers are not doing anything? I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you. >sarc<
praying for the wrong thing...
Really? And what should they be praying for? Are you praying for the right thing?
Do you ever mock Muslims for doing the same thing? Or are you afraid to do that.
I do. But I do not see Muslims going on about god or praying here.
As my father in law, a WWII combat veteran in the Pacific, once said “there are no atheists in foxholes.”
Yeah, but that claim is also false.
Is it about the emotional comfort mechanism that is prayer, or the belief that prayer will actually do something tangible?

Really? And what should they be praying for? Are you praying for the right thing?
This is Satan's world and he attacks all humans, attempting to break their integrity...especially those who are trying to serve Jehovah...endurance is what they should be praying for...

"For all things I have the strength through the one who gives me power." Philippians 4:13

This is Satan's world and he attacks all humans, attempting to break their integrity...especially those who are trying to serve Jehovah...endurance is what they should be praying for...
And you god sits back and does nothing. See, god is useless. A god worth its salt would have dealt with the problem on day 1. Or never allowed it to happen in the first place.

And you god sits back and does nothing. See, god is useless. A god worth its salt would have dealt with the problem on day 1. Or never allowed it to happen in the first place.
God forces no one to be obedient...

Not the issue or the point. God allowed things to happen, with foreknowledge too. So god is incompetent as a deity.
Yes, it is...as long as Satan rules this world, people will be rebellious...Jehovah is allowing time for those who truly desire to remain faithful to God to prove themselves through their integrity...then the end will come and all those who are left will be willing, faithful servants of Jehovah because they know, without a doubt, He has the right to rule mankind, Satan does not...

Yes, it is...as long as Satan rules this world, people will be rebellious...Jehovah is allowing time for those who truly desire to remain faithful to God to prove themselves through their integrity...then the end will come and all those who are left will be willing, faithful servants of Jehovah because they know, without a doubt, He has the right to rule mankind, Satan does not...
Your god still allows it and does nothing about it. Like I said, incompetent. Or impotent. Possibly both.

Yeah, but that claim is also false.

Is it about the emotional comfort mechanism that is prayer, or the belief that prayer will actually do something tangible?
As to your first point maybe so. I can’t prove it and you certainly can’t disprove it.

As to your second who knows what goes on in the minds of a couple million people. And why does it matter?

Your god still allows it and does nothing about it. Like I said, incompetent. Or impotent. Possibly both.
The time will come...

Do you ever mock Muslims for doing the same thing? Or are you afraid to do that.

OP never mention your god. ;)

Speaking of mocking........

f7c9184055e270a0ad4fee224b7bcc0cb35a9c8b.jpg

....hows that rootin for putin working out for y'all ?

Still afraid to step out of line. :unsure:

Last edited:
As to your first point maybe so. I can’t prove it and you certainly can’t disprove it.
According to Reuters, there are about 8000 military personnel who identify as atheists. The Dept. of Defense also recognizes atheism as a choice for a soldier.
As to your second who knows what goes on in the minds of a couple million people. And why does it matter?
Not much I'd wager.

Is that a rhetorical question?
Absolutely not.
That post makes zero sense. Satan rules this world even though he does not have the right but your god does have the right and isn't ruling this world?
As my almost father in law now deceased about a week was also a ww2 combat vet in the european theater and an atheist.

Yeah fletch, I'm at home behind a computer screen shaking in my boots just thinking about muslims. Did I not show enough hatred of muslims for your liking?

Truth in advertising……..1650792978074.jpeg

GOD be like…….07B0FFAD-8CCA-47B9-98A2-2161971DD47A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom