• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So I'm in the market for some golf clubs....

Luke Skywalker

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
....and wondering what brand to buy.

Just turned 41 and promised myself some new clubs come my birthday. I'm a former scratch golfer whom is just getting back into the game....

Am looking at Taylor Made Rocketbladez Tour - anyone know anything 'bout these?

Just wondering if I should buy the Rocketbladez or some other brand....

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
....and wondering what brand to buy.

Just turned 41 and promised myself some new clubs come my birthday. I'm a former scratch golfer whom is just getting back into the game....

Am looking at Taylor Made Rocketbladez Tour - anyone know anything 'bout these?

Just wondering if I should buy the Rocketbladez or some other brand....

Thanks in advance! :)

RocketBladez is your best bet currently. I'll give honorable mention to Callaway's "X Hot" series as well.

RocketBladez is your best bet currently. I'll give honorable mention to Callaway's "X Hot" series as well.

I think so - in fact, I broke down and bought a full set (3-pw) of RocketBladez earlier tonight....

Funny you should mention the XHOT series from Callaway - I actually use one of the recent Callaway drivers and like it very much.... If I ever decide to purchase a hybrid, it will most likely be Callaway... So alas, I had a hard time deciding between the two brands.... Ultimately went with the Taylor Made Irons, because I like to mix things up a little in my bag....

Thanks for your post - goes to show that great (golf) minds think alike! :)

I think so - in fact, I broke down and bought a full set (3-pw) of RocketBladez earlier tonight....

Funny you should mention the XHOT series from Callaway - I actually use one of the recent Callaway drivers and like it very much.... If I ever decide to purchase a hybrid, it will most likely be Callaway... So alas, I had a hard time deciding between the two brands.... Ultimately went with the Taylor Made Irons, because I like to mix things up a little in my bag....

Thanks for your post - goes to show that great (golf) minds think alike! :)

See, I wish I had known that. I wasn't sure if you wanted uniformity, but (in my opinion) if you wanted maximization, I would've said X Hot for all drivers (tee, fairway, hybrid/rescue) and then go RocketBladez for irons and below. Not sure how you feel about putters, but Nike has a great line called Method. Rossa is nice as well (ghost spider's a beauty).

Since my shoulder's all messed up I can't really golf the way I used to, so I get my fix with online golf.

See, I wish I had known that. I wasn't sure if you wanted uniformity, but (in my opinion) if you wanted maximization, I would've said X Hot for all drivers (tee, fairway, hybrid/rescue) and then go RocketBladez for irons and below. Not sure how you feel about putters, but Nike has a great line called Method. Rossa is nice as well (ghost spider's a beauty).

Since my shoulder's all messed up I can't really golf the way I used to, so I get my fix with online golf.

Actually need a new putter as well, so will look into your suggestions.... Sorry to hear 'bout your shoulder - those type of injuries are no fun. I couldn't play golf for awhile because some kid nailed me in a game of touch football - shoulder hurt for months after and probably never will be the same. Back is also starting to go as I cross into middle age.... It's cool you play online golf - I went that way for awhile, but then you tech kids started beating me out.... Would be willing to play you a match or two of online golf - just promise you'll take it easy on an old man, lol....

injuries suck; hope that you heal quickly. if it's any consolation, you'd probably kick my ass even with a hurt shoulder. however, i think i'd still have more fun, lol. those random great shots and pars after an 8 on a par four always make up for it.

Actually need a new putter as well, so will look into your suggestions.... Sorry to hear 'bout your shoulder - those type of injuries are no fun. I couldn't play golf for awhile because some kid nailed me in a game of touch football - shoulder hurt for months after and probably never will be the same. Back is also starting to go as I cross into middle age.... It's cool you play online golf - I went that way for awhile, but then you tech kids started beating me out.... Would be willing to play you a match or two of online golf - just promise you'll take it easy on an old man, lol....

Old rotator cuff injury that's kinda catching up to me...definitely no fun.

I tried to get in an edit before you saw my post, but I gave a nod to the Ghost Spider by TM. Not only is it just pretty, but it has a lot of benefits. It takes some getting used to, but the putter has to be one of, if not THE most forgiving putter out there. It really breaks your short game down to basics.

I play online golf at a site called World Golf Tour (www.wgt.com). I've played TW13 and WGT is the most realistic golf game there is (once again, my opinion). You play real courses, although they're slow to add more. Some of the courses they have are Kiawah Island, Bethpage Black, Congressional, Olympic, St. Andrews, and Royal St. George. They recently added Merion, which was the site of this year's US Open. All of their courses were a site for a major at some point in time.

It's a free game that you sign up for to create an account and play, but you can buy better equipment with "credits" you can either buy with RL cash or get through taking online surveys, watching videos/commercials, or signing up for deals. You know how that goes, I assume - lots of online games are like that. I really enjoy it on WGT.

If you want to test the waters sometime, let me know and I can help. If someone is recommended, the person that signs up gets an upgraded driver to use. I warn you though - this game is hard and you have to practice at it. It's not like the cartoon games where you can use your tee driver on the fairway/rough or move your ball in mid air toward the pin and set up 3 foot eagle putts every hole.

injuries suck; hope that you heal quickly. if it's any consolation, you'd probably kick my ass even with a hurt shoulder. however, i think i'd still have more fun, lol. those random great shots and pars after an 8 on a par four always make up for it.

Appreciate it. It needs surgery though. I'm not kicking anyone's ass.

Also, I'm not Nightrider. I can't even attempt to describe myself as a scratch golfer. I had a double digit handicap even when I was healthy.

Old rotator cuff injury that's kinda catching up to me...definitely no fun.

I tried to get in an edit before you saw my post, but I gave a nod to the Ghost Spider by TM. Not only is it just pretty, but it has a lot of benefits. It takes some getting used to, but the putter has to be one of, if not THE most forgiving putter out there. It really breaks your short game down to basics.

I play online golf at a site called World Golf Tour (www.wgt.com). I've played TW13 and WGT is the most realistic golf game there is (once again, my opinion). You play real courses, although they're slow to add more. Some of the courses they have are Kiawah Island, Bethpage Black, Congressional, Olympic, St. Andrews, and Royal St. George. They recently added Merion, which was the site of this year's US Open. All of their courses were a site for a major at some point in time.

It's a free game that you sign up for to create an account and play, but you can buy better equipment with "credits" you can either buy with RL cash or get through taking online surveys, watching videos/commercials, or signing up for deals. You know how that goes, I assume - lots of online games are like that. I really enjoy it on WGT.

If you want to test the waters sometime, let me know and I can help. If someone is recommended, the person that signs up gets an upgraded driver to use. I warn you though - this game is hard and you have to practice at it. It's not like the cartoon games where you can use your tee driver on the fairway/rough or move your ball in mid air toward the pin and set up 3 foot eagle putts every hole.

Lol, think I'll stick to the real thing - at least until I can't play anymore.... Didn't exactly realize how realistic and difficult modern online golf is, which is why I basically have left that avenue to you young folks....

Will check out the ghost spider by TM - sounds like exactly what I'm looking for in a putter.

Thanks again - hope you have a great night! :)

Lol, think I'll stick to the real thing - at least until I can't play anymore.... Didn't exactly realize how realistic and difficult online golf is, which is why I basically have left that avenue to you young folks....

Will check out the ghost spider by TM - sounds like exactly what I'm looking for in a putter.

Thanks again - hope you have a great night! :)

You too. Hope my two cents was helpful, and happy swingin'.

Back
Top Bottom