• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, if Trump did have boxes and boxes of classified documents...

Who here honestly believes he wouldn't sell them to *anyone* for the right price?

• Total voters
Who here honestly believes he wouldn't sell them to *anyone* for the right price?
LMAO

I mean this is pure fantasy but anybody with 2 brain cells and knows Donnie's history understands very probable he would sell info for the right money or hell even the right favor

I didn't vacate the thread, I went home. No texting while driving.

As to the question, I found an article from NYT (and a few others) that addressed it in a different light, but doesn't specifically compare it to this. In that article it was more in context of "Obama's plan to digitize his records and then release them."

article
article
article
So, to be clear, based on the articles, Obama is not storing documents in his personal residence that are the property of the National Archives.

Do you agree or disagree?

So, to be clear, Obama is not storing documents in his personal residence that are the property of the National Archives.

Do you agree or disagree?
I neither agree nor disagree. They were taken, a purpose for taking them was stated, and I have no more reason to question or not question his motives for doing so than I do for Trump.

I neither agree nor disagree. They were taken, a purpose for taking them was stated, and I have no more reason to question or not question his motives for doing so than I do for Trump.
You accused Obama of doing the same as Trump - taking documents that belong in the National Archives and storing them in a private residence.

You have not provided evidence of that with your links.

Have a lovely day.

To what is/are the document(s) referring?

How many are there?

Are the documents classified?

We know none of the answers to the above. Apparently Trump and/or his lawyers do not want the public to know the compelling information that caused the judge to agree to the search warrant. Trump and/or his lawyers do not want the public to know what was listed in the warrant.

Most people are assuming the classified information is national or military secrets of some sort. Could be, or maybe not.

It could be not so much about particular information but rather how the information was collected (intel collection abilities). It could be that Trump has the original of the infamous pee tape. It could be a full and complete list of all the world figures who had sex with underaged girls supplied by Epstein. The possibilities are endless. Many of them, such as the ones above, could compromise Trump and the United States.

We really do not know what we do not know. It's early yet.
Yeah, it's pretty much all conjecture, but, you know....kangaroos....

I do know what "proving a negative" means. I didn't change any evidence to do so. Whether you take his word or not, it would be hard to prove he didn't.
Sorry, but you can't change the fact that if all you have is Trump's own word for it, then nobody is expected to believe it.

You accused Obama of doing the same as Trump - taking documents that belong in the National Archives and storing them in a private residence.

You have not provided evidence of that with your links.

Have a lovely day.
You too, toodles,

Sorry, but you can't change the fact that if all you have is Trump's own word for it, then nobody is expected to believe it.
It doesn't really matter if you beleive it. What matters is if you can prove otherwise. Annd, I didn't try to change that fact.

It doesn't really matter if you beleive it. What matters is if you can prove otherwise. Annd, I didn't try to change that fact.
To be clear, it matters if certain people believe it. Ultimately, this issue will come down to people believing it or not believing it.

Unless there are declassified markings on the documents, I won't believe they were classified because

1) There are no declassified markings on them, and
2) Trump would be the one making the claim that they were declassified (you know, the whole "lying all the time" thing).

To be clear, it matters if certain people believe it. Ultimately, this issue will come down to people believing it or not believing it.

Unless there are declassified markings on the documents, I won't believe they were classified because

1) There are no declassified markings on them, and
2) Trump would be the one making the claim that they were declassified (you know, the whole "lying all the time" thing).
Well, you're entitled to your opinions.

Well, you're entitled to your opinions.
Yes, this will come down to opinions, like "I believe him" and "I don't believe him." Of course, if he had given the declassification process enough time that they could be marked "declassified," this issue wouldn't be balanced on a pin titled "Donald Trump's credibility."

Watch or read the history of Hitler's rise.
The parallels are shocking. The process of manipulating deplorables by badly intended actors is long.

Biden is the one taxing the people into poverty, and creating his own Gestapo.

Amazing how no one has the right to accuse Trump of wrongdoing.
Amazing how his worshipers still bend over backwards defending the corrupt lying traitor. They do it because they are just like him, defending their own.

1rz2u9.jpg

By now, he is wiggling around, trying to cut deals with anyone that'll have him. He is casting about for a hot lawyer, Biden will let him swing too, until he gets too threatened by a "new" precedent. Trump can't even live long enough to go to court for all this shit. They buried him. If some kind of "civil" war breaks out in Wisconsin or something, mad dog bombers out for a day, then comes the US Govt. right up their bums, forever just like always. Don't be a sap, stay home, watch it on youtube.
A Russian expat visiting Mar a Lago said he was impressed how many Russian speakers there were there.

Since he could have declassified anything he wanted, it wouldn't make sense for him to take them without doing so.
"Trump" and "sense" are rarely used in the same sentence.

He either did or he didn't.... but since the DoJ actually obtained a search warrant seeking classified documents that had not been returned on request, it makes "sense" that "Trump" failed to declassify them. It would make "sense" that had "Trump" actually declassified them, that defense would have been asserted long ago and certainly trumpeted on Fox this week.

That's true, but what is also true is that Obama took a bunch with him as well that haven't been returned.
Somehow I assume what Obama did was not the same.

Yup. Quick check suggests you heard this from Hannity or his ilk, and a WAPO news article debunking the whole story mentioned that Obama did what he did through the National Archives, as he was supposed to do.

"Trump" and "sense" are rarely used in the same sentence.

He either did or he didn't.... but since the DoJ actually obtained a search warrant seeking classified documents that had not been returned on request, it makes "sense" that "Trump" failed to declassify them. It would make "sense" that had "Trump" actually declassified them, that defense would have been asserted long ago and certainly trumpeted on Fox this week.
Well, even if they do find classified documents in Trump's possession, the worse that's going to happen is the FBI director will hold a press conference declaring that he mishandled classified material. You know, like they did for "Hillary".

Back
Top Bottom