• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, I think the bag of evidence regarding muslims unintegrability is full

There are plenty of links out there. The town is Vietri Sul Mare and the mayor is not 60+ as I thought but he is Liga Nord, a fascist right wing party with links to the Catholic Church.

Another place is this

BBC News - Italian seaside town planning miniskirt ban

They banned mini-skirts and bikinis, plus made it illegal to be [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]blasphemous and kick a football around. The mayor is a right winger from Berloscoloonies party.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So dont come and tell me that Christians are any better if they get their way.. and they have in Italy more and more thanks to Berloscoloony and his fascist allies. [/FONT]

I've never said that it's better if christians get their way. I'm all for secular democracy... you know, just in case you missed that in the hundreds of exchanges we had where I kept saying that the response to extremism is not the extremism on the other end. You don't respond to far left extremism with far right extremism, you respond with a strong center-smth party, preferably center-right. You don't respond to religious extremism with another religious extremist view, you respond with secularism and a strong view on upholding secular values and not allowing religious institutions to dictate law. Which btw, that isn't what is happening in that town, it's not the church who dictates this, it's a political party. The only real offenders in terms of religious impositions on a secular state is islam with it's ad-hoc sharia courts and their crimes against women who don't wear what the koran tells them to wear.

Ok, so, they're going to ban sunbathting too so all in all, they wanna end their tourist potential and that's that. The state should probably go in and say "no, you can't" but considering the immense number of issues Italy has to deal with, not least of which is the over 100k illegal immigrants who were caught, so just those who were caught, crossing into italy by sea... I'm pretty sure what some little town does somewhere is all too insignificant, but yes, it should be addressed and sorted out and maybe the rulings disbanded.

Last edited:
So because of the reprehensible actions of a radical terrorist group, then we have to believe and trust anything that promotes hate towards a religion and 1.5 billion people who happen to believe in that religion?
Actually there are many reprehensible Islamist terrorist groups and not all that 'radical'.

The irony with this fake story, is that it is based on some truth. There are Italian towns that have banned the bikini for the sake of modesty. But it aint because of Sharia.. it is because of conservative Christian Catholics wanting it and an old law that allows it. Does that mean we have to condemn all 2 billion Christians now?
What evidence do you have that Christians were behind any banning of bikinis? Are you sure it isn't the Jews?

I
've never said that it's better if christians get their way. I'm all for secular democracy... you know, just in case you missed that in the hundreds of exchanges we had where I kept saying that the response to extremism is not the extremism on the other end. You don't respond to far left extremism with far right extremism, you respond with a strong center-smth party, preferably center-right. You don't respond to religious extremism with another religious extremist view, you respond with secularism and a strong view on upholding secular values and not allowing religious institutions to dictate law. Which btw, that isn't what is happening in that town, it's not the church who dictates this, it's a political party. The only real offenders in terms of religious impositions on a secular state is islam with it's ad-hoc sharia courts and their crimes against women who don't wear what the koran tells them to wear.

The Catholic Church and the right wing parties.. hell even some of the left, are very closely linked in Italy. "Modesty" laws are clearly inspired by the Catholic Church.

Ok, so, they're going to ban sunbathting too so all in all, they wanna end their tourist potential and that's that. The state should probably go in and say "no, you can't" but considering the immense number of issues Italy has to deal with, not least of which is the over 100k illegal immigrants who were caught, so just those who were caught, crossing into italy by sea... I'm pretty sure what some little town does somewhere is all too insignificant, but yes, it should be addressed and sorted out and maybe the rulings disbanded.

I dont disagree, but it also shows how religious fanaticism can "creep" in without many noticing it. We have seen it do that in Turkey and in some parts of the US.

Actually there are many reprehensible Islamist terrorist groups and not all that 'radical'.

Eh? This makes no sense.

What evidence do you have that Christians were behind any banning of bikinis? Are you sure it isn't the Jews?

First off.. Jews in Italy with any political power? yea right.

Secondly... Catholic Church in Italy.. Vatican in Rome.. links to Italian politics, now and historically... of course it is Christians behind these idiotic laws.

The Catholic Church and the right wing parties.. hell even some of the left, are very closely linked in Italy. "Modesty" laws are clearly inspired by the Catholic Church.

I dont disagree, but it also shows how religious fanaticism can "creep" in without many noticing it. We have seen it do that in Turkey and in some parts of the US.

I don't think the current leadership of the catholic church is in bed with the nordic league. Maybe locally, yes, the priests there may be supporters of that party but I doubt that Pope francis is on good terms with Berlusconi and his pals.

I don't think the current leadership of the catholic church is in bed with the nordic league. Maybe locally, yes, the priests there may be supporters of that party but I doubt that Pope francis is on good terms with Berlusconi and his pals.

Oh I am talking about locally and maybe among some of the cardinals. It is the age old problem.. local rule often reverts to corruption and discrimination due to lack of competition, transparency and accountability. You see it all over the place.

The new Pope aint involved that is for sure.

Oh I am talking about locally and maybe among some of the cardinals. It is the age old problem.. local rule often reverts to corruption and discrimination due to lack of competition, transparency and accountability. You see it all over the place.

The new Pope aint involved that is for sure.

Ok. Well this was a nice little diversion that you tried to pull but it still doesn't address the issue at hand.

Immigrants from muslim countries are more likely to do crime, are more radicalized and islam itself lends to radicalization and criminality and incompatibility with western principles, all these things and more lead to the unavoidable conclusion that muslims are unintegratable in western society.

Also, when people make the argument that we need immigrants to counter the low birth rates, well that's exactly why we don't need them. There won't be enough jobs, especially not routine jobs, in the future due to automatization. Transport jobs, delivery jobs, clerks and so on and so forth, they're all going away thanks to robotic automatization and therefore, a lower birthrate, as long as it is monitored, will help dampen the social strain on society that will come rapidly, in 10-15years at most.
So the import of north africans and arabs is doing so much harm to society on multiple levels, socially, legally, economically, and they're also useless for the future of society. So we need to start deporting those that came here illegally, just like they're doing in america, and we need to send back refugees who have no reason to be refugees anymore, like those from ethiopia where there is no more war, or those from somalia where the war is almost over.

Ok. Well this was a nice little diversion that you tried to pull but it still doesn't address the issue at hand.

Oh?

Immigrants from muslim countries are more likely to do crime,

Prove it.. statistical information. Remember to define actual immigrants vs 2nd+ legal residents of the Muslim faith.

are more radicalized

Again prove it. In fact it is home grown 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims that are often more radicalized because of discrimination and hate from the non Muslim populations.. and it is mostly young men.

and islam itself lends to radicalization

No poverty and discrimination leads to radicalization.

and criminality and incompatibility with western principles, all these things and more lead to the unavoidable conclusion that muslims are unintegratable in western society.

Criminality comes from poverty and discrimination.

As for incompatibility with western principles.. All religions are incompatibly with modern western principles and yes even the Christian Church.. as is seen in the never ending battles over gay rights and abortion.

Also, when people make the argument that we need immigrants to counter the low birth rates, well that's exactly why we don't need them. There won't be enough jobs, especially not routine jobs, in the future due to automatization. Transport jobs, delivery jobs, clerks and so on and so forth, they're all going away thanks to robotic automatization and therefore, a lower birthrate, as long as it is monitored, will help dampen the social strain on society that will come rapidly, in 10-15years at most.

We dont need immigrants to counter low birth rates, because that is not how it works. 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants birth rates fall dramatically and are near equal to "home grown" birth rates.

Plus I agree, we dont need an ever larger growing population but that is how economic theory of the last 100 years works. Economic growth is a must and the best way of doing that is a never ending population growth, early deaths of the elderly and of course a large portion of the population in poverty and unemployment so that there is low wages.

What is needed is a rethink of our basic economic theories that we know have failed but have yet to admit that they have. The economic crisis of 2007-8 showed that all what we thought we knew, was in fact wrong. Theories went out the window, and economists have spent the last 6 years finding excuses to explain the failures in economic theories, instead of finding explanations and solutions.

So the import of north africans and arabs is doing so much harm to society on multiple levels, socially, legally, economically, and they're also useless for the future of society. So we need to start deporting those that came here illegally, just like they're doing in america, and we need to send back refugees who have no reason to be refugees anymore, like those from ethiopia where there is no more war, or those from somalia where the war is almost over.

But we DONT import them.. they are economic and political refugees. Europes problem is not immigration but illegal immigration. We do not get mass immigration from African and Middle East countries.. because they do not meet the requirements set down to be able to immigrate. Certain countries do have immigration from former colonies (UK and some what France) but that is also a local issue that is exported some what to the rest of Europe.

Our problem is and has been for decades that we dont have in place an European wide fair rule set on how to handle illegal immigration and what to do with them when they are here. How do we get rid of people who come from places like Syria and Iraq, or places in Africa with civil wars? How do we send people back to countries that dont want them back? What do we do with them while they are here.. do we allow them to work and learn? This and a lot more questions are ones we are skipping past because of the lack of comprehensive rules across the EU on the subject.

We've had this discussion before and I presented to you a lot of links back then and you disregarded them and said that they're "biased".

They're not biased, they're just the reality. You know just like me, about the high rate of incarceration among muslims in france (not just france but they made the headlines last year IIRC), the fact that even 2nd generation muslims in denmark are 70% more likely to do crime, etc. You know these things, I know them, everyone knows them. I gave you, and many others, and not just me btw, these links to these news reports and statistical reports that are published and you ignored them.

They're not discriminated against. They choose to create this culture for themselves because imams are chosen, they're "elected" by the community and so, the community, by which i mean the men in a given area, elect an imam... I've said this in this thread too, and many others... its' a cycle. There are thousands of muslims who left europe to join the jihad and maybe a network of hundreds of thousands who back them up from here. The mosques are used as training grounds and financial support... for crying out loud, this is not a "secret". It's been put on this forum time and time again.

Stop trying to always, always waste time by presuming that a discussion happens in a void. It doesn't. I am not going to go through all the points i made in this thread, or a whole lot of other threads, to remind you that which you already should have catalogued. Because it's been posted several times. Time and time again. For crying out loud.

And you keep raising this god damn strawman argument about Christianity. I'm not voicing support for a christian theocracy Pete. I swear to whatever ****ing god you want me to swear to that I'm not. I don't want a theocracy. I don't. I want a ****ing secular democracy and I look around and I see that there is just 1 muslim country who is not a dictatorship that has something like a secular democracy and that's turkey, and the democracy of turkey is questionable and so is it's dedication to secularism. And I looked all the posts that people made, that link to that BBC panel where only a shia woman said that she likes the UK over the ISIS state but everyone else, who was sunni, was either a staunch supporter and siad that they're ready to pledge allegiance and the others were kinda on the fence about it but weren't condemning it. Only 1 shia woman out of 8 or so panelists. And ofc she would condemn ISIS coz it's ****ing sunni caliphate, not shia caliphate. Guess who the ISIS guys are killing? Shiites.

I can link you to a quick wikipedia page. Here.
Immigration and crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a quick wikipedia page because i'm not going to waste 1h of my time, looking up links, statistics, reports, skimming through them all and presenting a case which I HAVE PRESENTED IN THE PAST. There are POSTS that I made where I DID DO THAT, took a report, read it, posted quotes and links and all that. I did that so many ****ing times for so many ****ing issues I'm not ****ing doing it again. It is proven. It is undeniably proven. The prison statistics show it. The rape statistics show it. If you don't want to recognize them and move the goal post, fine.

I am not against thorough research. I do it. The link in my ****ing description is proof that i do my research. A link which leads to that ESM crap which btw, you posted that you'd have arguments against but never came through. Anyway. I'm not against going through page by page of a document just to see if it's right, but I did it in the past and I'm not going to do it again just because everytime the evidence is presented you choose to ignore it. And so, my effort would be wasted on you.

We've had this discussion before and I presented to you a lot of links back then and you disregarded them and said that they're "biased".

Which they often are. More on this later.

They're not biased, they're just the reality. You know just like me, about the high rate of incarceration among muslims in france (not just france but they made the headlines last year IIRC), the fact that even 2nd generation muslims in denmark are 70% more likely to do crime, etc.

Yes and why is that? Poverty and discrimination. There is no official statistics that show that 2nd generation muslims in Denmark are more likely to do crime. In fact here are some numbers..

2012 there were 160931 people in Denmark aged 15-79, convicted of a crime. 84% were Danes, 12% were immigrants and 4% were 2nd+ generation immigrants. This is all crime.

http://www.dst.dk/pukora/epub/upload/17961/indv2013.pdf

It is in Danish, but the numbers are there and dont fit in any way your numbers.

You know these things, I know them, everyone knows them. I gave you, and many others, and not just me btw, these links to these news reports and statistical reports that are published and you ignored them.

I dont ignore them at all. What you make it sound like is that immigrants are the cause of most crime.. they are not. Are they dis-proportionally represented in arrest and conviction rates.. yes, but is it that they are more criminal or that the police target them more because they are easier to spot? The last part has a key influence on the whole situation.

They're not discriminated against.

Yes they are LOL. If they send a job application with their name.. say Abdullah or Mohammed, then that application in most cases is put in the bin instantly. This is not a myth, but a sad fact.

They choose to create this culture for themselves because imams are chosen, they're "elected" by the community and so, the community, by which i mean the men in a given area, elect an imam... I've said this in this thread too, and many others... its' a cycle.

So when Jews do the exact same thing, or Christians then it is not a problem?

There are thousands of muslims who left europe to join the jihad and maybe a network of hundreds of thousands who back them up from here. The mosques are used as training grounds and financial support... for crying out loud, this is not a "secret". It's been put on this forum time and time again.

Yes so governments claim.. no real evidence of this of course, but they continue to claim it. Yes the Mosque is a key aspect of Muslim life.. just as the Synagogue is for Jews and the Church is for Christians. Yes funds flow from mosques to charities back home and yes some might fall in the hands of extremists and terrorists. But guess what.. funds given in Church or Synagogues also flow back to somewhere that supports things that far from all people agree on. The Church was used to funnel money to the IRA for decades, and American Churches have been funding homophobia in Uganda and elsewhere. Synagogues send billions back to Israel, to radical groups who are out right racist. If you want to stop one then you have to stop it all.

And you keep raising this god damn strawman argument about Christianity. I'm not voicing support for a christian theocracy Pete. I swear to whatever ****ing god you want me to swear to that I'm not. I don't want a theocracy. I don't. I want a ****ing secular democracy and I look around and I see that there is just 1 muslim country who is not a dictatorship that has something like a secular democracy and that's turkey, and the democracy of turkey is questionable and so is it's dedication to secularism.

I raise it because it is important. Like it or not, we in Europe and it use to be in the US.. we are equals... race, sex, religion does not matter. We do not target minorities with targeted laws. It is just not done and when some tries it the backlash is huge. That is why it is important. If you want to target funding of terror or criminal activities, then you have to target ALL religious institutions.

And I looked all the posts that people made, that link to that BBC panel where only a shia woman said that she likes the UK over the ISIS state but everyone else, who was sunni, was either a staunch supporter and siad that they're ready to pledge allegiance and the others were kinda on the fence about it but weren't condemning it. Only 1 shia woman out of 8 or so panelists. And ofc she would condemn ISIS coz it's ****ing sunni caliphate, not shia caliphate. Guess who the ISIS guys are killing? Shiites.

Because Muslims in Europe feel persecuted and when you feel persecuted then you lash out.

Listen, I dont want anyone in Europe who does not want to live under the basic principles that we all have. If a Muslim wants the full sharia law.. then move to ****ing Iraq. If a Jew wants full Jewish law.. then move to ****ing Israel. If a Christian wants to live after the bible, move to a country that allows it. Those types of people can **** off for all I care.. they are a waste of space.

I can link you to a quick wikipedia page. Here.
Immigration and crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, "immigration".. in Europe is mostly illegal immigration and yes here crime is high.. because they are illegals and on the run.
Just a quick wikipedia page because i'm not going to waste 1h of my time, looking up links, statistics, reports, skimming through them all and presenting a case which I HAVE PRESENTED IN THE PAST. There are POSTS that I made where I DID DO THAT, took a report, read it, posted quotes and links and all that. I did that so many ****ing times for so many ****ing issues I'm not ****ing doing it again. It is proven. It is undeniably proven. The prison statistics show it. The rape statistics show it. If you don't want to recognize them and move the goal post, fine.

No it does not! For **** sake, no country in Europe has official statistics based on race or religion... even statistics based on country of origin are relatively rare. I have not see any statistics from official channels that show crime, rape, or anything statistically broken down on race or religion.

It's a joke. The article was written by a satirical Italian website similar to The Onion. The usual suspects were quick to fall for it and spread it around the web like wildfire.

Hint to the uninitiated: Always double and triple check your sources, because if it smells like total BS, it usually IS total BS. :lol:

Thanks.

Again, "immigration".. in Europe is mostly illegal immigration and yes here crime is high.. because they are illegals and on the run.

No it does not! For **** sake, no country in Europe has official statistics based on race or religion... even statistics based on country of origin are relatively rare. I have not see any statistics from official channels that show crime, rape, or anything statistically broken down on race or religion.

Mhm... sure. That's nice and all but when I got to the end of your statement, this is the crux of the matter right here. If you feel in any way disfavored by the fact that i cut out and shall not address the remainder of your comment, please let me know but it would be pointless to adress the rest of it because it's irrelevant.

"on the run" makes it seem waaay more dramatic than it is considering the fact that a lot of them are given residency, they're getting welfare, etc.
But it is true, quite a few are off the grid. they're all there illegally, but they're off the grid.

But what I find interesting is not what you wrote thus far, is what you wrote in your last sentences.

this part
So lets look at what you want.
You want statistics that don't exist. Well, that's not true, there is compiled data from certain institutions about certain crimes, like say, honor killings. But there is "big picture" thing that is nicely broken down into everything and that is 100% accurate. At least not for every EU country that has this issue and certainly not for the EU as a whole.
And the effort to make such a report is, due to the fact that a lot of people are under the grid and due to the lawlessness generated by muslims in the communities they self-segregated to, nigh on impossible.
And also, you want that report to not show reality because if it does, then it would be racist.
And you want this all done by a govt institution.

So basically, what you're saying, is that nothing will ever convince you. Which is exactly what I imagined your response will be. Nothing will ever convince you of the incredibly bad deal european countries are making by allowing this stuff to continue, by allowing arabs and north african muslim to come into europe. The ton of downsides that people are paying the price for today and we will pay the price for in about 10-15 years is immesurable and it is due to the willful ignorance of people like you whom in your jihad to absolve all blame off the muslims for their actions and their culture and their religion, is willing to ignore reality.

And this is why there is no point in discussing this topic with you. Odin traded one of his eyes for knowledge. You traded both your eyes for ignorance you could be proud of.

It's a joke. The article was written by a satirical Italian website similar to The Onion. The usual suspects were quick to fall for it and spread it around the web like wildfire.

Hint to the uninitiated: Always double and triple check your sources, because if it smells like total BS, it usually IS total BS. :lol:

They fell for it because, given the European desire not to offend the Islamic fundamentalists, it was entirely plausible.

Eh? This makes no sense.

First off.. Jews in Italy with any political power? yea right.

Secondly... Catholic Church in Italy.. Vatican in Rome.. links to Italian politics, now and historically... of course it is Christians behind these idiotic laws.

But surely you believe that either the Jews or the U.S. is responsible for everything, don't you?

How much more evidence do you need Pete? Or anyone else?

British militants make up majority of foreign IS fighters | World | DW.DE | 21.08.2014

British militants make up majority of foreign IS fighters
The probability journalist James Foley was murdered by a British man has turned the spotlight on an uncomfortable truth. DW looks at how the UK became Europe's main exporter of 'Islamic State' radicals.

There are more muslims in ISIS than there are muslims in the armed forces of the UK. Goes to show where the community's loyalties lie with.

Media: Islamic State organising in Denmark - News - The Copenhagen Post
~picked off reddit. Granted, the source says that it's a tabloid that has reported this news, now I am not familiar with the danish magazines, and if it's crap, like the dailymail for instance, then it's crap and should be ignored. But it's not like this is surprising because of this:
Danish rap poet Yahya Hassan faces racism charge for knocking Muslims | Books | theguardian.com
Danish rap poet Yahya Hassan faces racism charge for knocking Muslims
The 18-year-old has been attacked, and Denmark plunged into a free speech row over his poems fiercely targeting what he sees as hypocrisy among fellow Muslims

He's a palestinian muslim who denounces what muslims do and for that, he's being targetted by other muslims.

Again, there is a huge network in europe of muslims who are supportive of the jihad. hundreds' of thousands of people all loosely organized, mostly semi-independent but all working towards the same goal. They all know what they want and the vast majority of muslims are supportive by being tacit about it. Silence means approval.

from some of my reading, as many French if not more are there. One thing many have in common is "English" as a second language which is why it may appear many come from the UK.

-- There are more muslims in ISIS than there are muslims in the armed forces of the UK. Goes to show where the community's loyalties lie with.

That statistic is shameful - however you have to also remember that muslims who join or integrate are never congratulated. If a muslim does something bad then calls go out saying "where is the muslim condemnation?" or "all muslims are bad."

Where is the encouragement for muslims who have integrated? They always have demands that whatever they do is not good enough.

You end up with a self repeating scenario, this happened years ago with blacks in the UK and other European countries. Newspapers headlined with stories of black muggers, black rapists and there was very little incentive for those who would integrate to do so.
What happened was a shift in focus by very senior people - Prince Charles for example asking why there were no black faces in the household guard. Now, the black community is seen as British. Can't speak for other countries in Europe but integration has always been a two-way street.

It is easy every time an ISIS fanatic does something evil to demand that all of Europe's muslims jump up and condemn what has happened but that demand is self-defeating. I see those demands on this forum, in this thread.

You have to ask yourself what you wish to achieve as a society. I'm not saying there is a magic wand that will solve the problem but constant belittling of all muslims isn't helping, belittling their culture and practice doesn't help. I know this won't be popular with those who scream hysterically at Europeans on this forum but popularity has never been my modus operandi.

--. But it's not like this is surprising because of this:
Danish rap poet Yahya Hassan faces racism charge for knocking Muslims | Books | theguardian.com

He's a palestinian muslim who denounces what muslims do and for that, he's being targetted by other muslims.

See, this is an old story but you never get the Americans posting about him. We just get "100% muslims this" and "majority muslims that..."

Never a focus on those bright lights who say "no"

-- there is a huge network in europe of muslims who are supportive of the jihad. hundreds' of thousands of people all loosely organized, mostly semi-independent but all working towards the same goal. They all know what they want"

This is what the thread should have been about, there is a loose set of people who can be seduced as this imam states for Reuters.

What we get though is the treatment of that subculture as if it represents ALL islam.

--and the vast majority of muslims are supportive by being tacit about it. Silence means approval.

You shouldn't have added that bit; you join the others when you do.

from some of my reading, as many French if not more are there. One thing many have in common is "English" as a second language which is why it may appear many come from the UK.

That statistic is shameful - however you have to also remember that muslims who join or integrate are never congratulated. If a muslim does something bad then calls go out saying "where is the muslim condemnation?" or "all muslims are bad."

Where is the encouragement for muslims who have integrated? They always have demands that whatever they do is not good enough.

You end up with a self repeating scenario, this happened years ago with blacks in the UK and other European countries. Newspapers headlined with stories of black muggers, black rapists and there was very little incentive for those who would integrate to do so.
What happened was a shift in focus by very senior people - Prince Charles for example asking why there were no black faces in the household guard. Now, the black community is seen as British. Can't speak for other countries in Europe but integration has always been a two-way street.

It is easy every time an ISIS fanatic does something evil to demand that all of Europe's muslims jump up and condemn what has happened but that demand is self-defeating. I see those demands on this forum, in this thread.

You have to ask yourself what you wish to achieve as a society. I'm not saying there is a magic wand that will solve the problem but constant belittling of all muslims isn't helping, belittling their culture and practice doesn't help. I know this won't be popular with those who scream hysterically at Europeans on this forum but popularity has never been my modus operandi.

Most blacks that came to the UK are from the carribean and blacks didn't exist in the carribean. They were brought there and they were raised for centuries into the english environment. In other words, the blacks from the carribean are far more anglicanized than the blacks from africa or the arabs from the ME. The carribean islands, just like all of latin america and north america, are westernized places. SO they're western countries with western influences. For better or worse, sure, they're not the picture perfect view of what you or I would think of western societies but they are western... they're just you know... bad at imitating western europe or america in all measures. Some countries are downright dictatorial, like some latin american countries, but that's a different topic. The point is, the americas, from where the majority of blacks in the UK came from, are western societies.

See, this is an old story but you never get the Americans posting about him. We just get "100% muslims this" and "majority muslims that..."

Never a focus on those bright lights who say "no"

I've posted and will continue to always post stories about people who try and make things better. I do not deny their existence, as some people here would accuse me of doing or as some others would be more than happy that they don't exist to fit a narrative. I do this for this palestinian kid, which btw, I'm sure I posted about sometime last year when this happened... I posted about the handful of french imams who wrote a letter in sympathy for the jews in paris who got targetted, etc. I make distinctions between muslims and turks and iranians as per the way I described.

But even with all of this, knowing all this, and making all the caveats, the result of my thinking is the same. Muslims, those who identify as such (so again, caveats exist and they're mentioned) are unintegratable in western society and are bringing to the table a whole bunch of bad effects, from crime to drain of the welfare system, to social strains, to jihadism, to extremism, etc. And ofc, the influx of these unemployable people and their innability to integrate, because they are unintegratable, will screw us doubly so in the near future when the 2nd wave of automation will hit and a lot of jobs will start disappearing.

This is what the thread should have been about, there is a loose set of people who can be seduced as this imam states for Reuters.

What we get though is the treatment of that subculture as if it represents ALL islam.

You shouldn't have added that bit; you join the others when you do.

The problem is, and this is what I'm saying, again, knowing all that is brought to the table, knowing all the differences and the nuances and all that good stuff, muslims and islam are unintegratable. Un-assimilatable. un-anything you wanna call it. The fact that imams are selected by the populace, by the community, shows that because the vast majority of imams are on the side of the jihadists, on the side of the extremists, that by direct representation, the vast majority of muslims are tacit or at least not directly vocal supporters of the islamic values, which ofc, are for the most part, completely opposite to western values.
And there is no functioning model for where you can strike a deal. Too much has alreayd been sacrificed on the altar of community cohesion. Too many people, and here just to bring attention to that child trafficking ring that was reported a long time ago in britain, remember that? It was that racist one where muslims men would abduct white girls, underrage girls, to be sold as child brides or for prostitution... and the british police, knowingly didn't act because of fear of being called "racist". So that's exhibit A. But there are plenty more. So. too many people. Too much sacrifice on the part of freedom of expression and free speech. Too much on the part of self-censorship. too much power to groups that are anti-european in all manners. Etc.

Too much.

Tell me, since you're fond of making this comparison. Did the blacks from the carribean ever come and demand that those who insult them be beheaded? The muslims are demanding it. Did they come and demand their own laws from the carribean be implemented? Out of all I read on the issue, because it was before my time ofc, there is no such report to express this. And ofc, the biggest problem with islam is that there is no going half-way. It must be all the way and all the time in their favor and never in yours.

So again, with all the caveats, and all the issues in mind, all the people who have voiced their distaste of islamic principles from both within the people of muslim background and those from without, with the issue of all those who do voice support for all that is islamic from both within the islamic community and those without (because they have their fans), with all the good publicity and the bad press in mind, and with the appropiate caveats for the groups mentioned above, with all this things in mind the reality is that muslims and islamic culture is unintegratable in western society. The incompatibility is too great.

As I said in the OP. This conclusion is something that took about 5 years to come to. First I said that it's just a minority, a tiny minority that is not supported by the majority and is not representative (this is what I held for the largest of time)... then I came to the conclusion that maybe the majority, through inaction, are, willingly or not, the enablers of the extremist minority... now I think that the minority is acting in a way that the majority is not opposed to and in fact, it's an even tinier, almost minuscule group of people of muslim background that are opposed to it and they're basically in direct opposition to the extremists but they're also not supported and their views aren't shared by the majority of muslims who are, as I said, tacitly supporting the extremists, well, most of the time and in most actions.

Last edited:
Had to cut off what I was saying because of char limit.

In the end, Chaos, I respect what you're saying and what you're coming from, but I personally came to this conclusion and it's been something that has been building up as the evidence has been mounting and I do think, especially in the light of the past few months, that I am correct. That I've accounted for most caveats where they are... and I share your belief that they're the bright spots... but I do not see how the vast majority of muslims are ever going to be like that.

And there is no comparison.
You tried to make the comparison with the blacks in the UK... someone earlier tried to make it with the mexicans in the USA, again, both are bad comparison because unlike the north africans and arab muslims, those other groups come from a westernized background. Muslims aren't.

I await to see news reports and evidence that will make me drop the bag that I currently have and that everyday is being filled with more and more evidence, in fact, it's spilling over right now. I want to see a change, but I don't think I will because there is no change coming, there is no cultural shift underway for them. There may be for us, people who are pro-secular and pro-democracy, we may be the ones who will become in the minority because the weak-willed will always make unlimited concessions for fear of not causing offense. The bubbling resentment in the muslim community isn't towards the islamists, it's towards the west who condemns the islamists and who doesn't bow it's head to the new caliphate.

Muslims, born and bred in the west, a lot of them with skills and education (who do you think makes the professional quality videos? Not goat herders from the ME, but people who attended some education in video manipulation and had access to this type of training, very common even online) are joining ISIS. These are not the disgruntled people who are working low paying jobs. These are college-aged, high-school aged young men of muslim backgrounds or, in the guy presented here, of people who got brainwashed into converting to islam.

So people who have nothing to be angry about with the west, people with their whole lives ahead, are the ones joining the jihad. And it's not like these people are just fresh off the boat, right? They're second or third generation.

And they're popular on facebook, youtube, twitter. You saw how these people post tweets giving reviews of movies or paying homage to Robin Williams because he was such a cool guy. And they have tons of followers, certainly more than your average bloke. And then, between posts of kittens and movie reviews and pop culture stuff, they post images or videos of some executions, some massacres, some beheadings... maybe a few verses from the koran for good measure.

So again, at the risk of repeating myself and I will not cease to repeat this. The bag of evidence regarding muslim unintegrability is full. The culture gap is too big. The difference and unbridgeable. It's just waaay to much ingrained and there is no desire on behalf of them to integrate into society, but rather, to turn society into what they want. Which is what you saw there. They won't give, they will just take, take take.

They fell for it because, given the European desire not to offend the Islamic fundamentalists, it was entirely plausible.

I don't understand where this myth comes from. I don't see any desire not to offend fundamentalists in most European countries. Quite the opposite, in fact. What specifically are you referring to? And which country(ies) are you talking about?

I don't get it. :confused:

It was just another of my rather obscure jokes, a take on how one thing can lead to another unless we put severe restrictions on our own human behavior. I was aiming for irony. Thanks for expressing interest!:)

I don't understand where this myth comes from. I don't see any desire not to offend fundamentalists in most European countries. Quite the opposite, in fact. What specifically are you referring to? And which country(ies) are you talking about?

The same kind of ignorance can be heard daily in Britain, it isn't new either, I can recall being at Labour Party Social Clubs in the 80s and hearing talk of Coons, Niggers, Pakis and the like among the members of a supposedly Socialist club. That kind of Socialism among working class people always comes with a bit of National Socialism and the Middle and Upper Class just have better ways of expressing it. What you see on the TV and in our media doesn't reflect what is being said in actuality among the working class, in fact you can hear just the kind of offensive remarks that many on here seem to desire in pretty much any ordinary setting in the UK.

It isn't a case of a desire not to offend for some of us, it is a case of being just a little more adult about the whole thing than some people can handle.

Eh? This makes no sense.
It means that you may find their behavior "radical", but they don't.
First off.. Jews in Italy with any political power? yea right. Secondly... Catholic Church in Italy.. Vatican in Rome.. links to Italian politics, now and historically... of course it is Christians behind these idiotic laws.
Gypsies and Muslims are in Italy also, along with the Vatican. Perhaps the townsfolk just got tired of the Speedo crowd letting it all hang out while they're doing their shopping.

Another item to add to the bag.
Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government | Reuters

Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government

How much more evidence do we need until we say that muslims and islamic ideology don't belong in europe.
And by islamic I am ofc, making caveats for the notions I made above regarding turks from western turkey and the persians who fled the religious theocracy a long time ago, but most of those people left for america, not europe.

The bag is full. It's spilling out and we're drowning in it. This attempt at what can only be called social division because it sure as hell isn't "multiculturalism" or "enriching" anything, it's just been masked as such to deceive people, how much more until we're fed up?

Back
Top Bottom