• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, I take it Your God Killed Jesus

No, not with a fleshly body but as a spirit...

He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit." 1 Peter 3:18

That quote does not say there are such things as spirits. Alive in the spirit does not mean you are a spirit.

How could Jesus not have immortality if he existed in an immortal form?
Because he didn't...he died, didn't he?
I thought you believed that we are souls, so why the distinction in your quote between soul and body?
We are living souls...when we die, we are dead souls...

Just who do you think has immortality? No one but Jehovah God and now, Jesus Christ...we know this because angels can be destroyed since Satan and his demons will be thrown into the lake of fire, the 2nd/final/permanent death, as can humans...

“Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels." Matthew 25:41

"And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." Matthew 10:28

Oh and if satan and the angels are going into the everlasting fire, it means they must be immortal to experience it forever. So your own bible quotes prove you are wrong.

Because he didn't...he died, didn't he?

We are living souls...when we die, we are dead souls...

If we don't exist, we can't be a soul. Our death, just like Jesus, is that of the flesh. The flesh dies. Nothing about us being souls in the bible.

That quote does not say there are such things as spirits. Alive in the spirit does not mean you are a spirit.
Flesh and blood cannot enter the heavenly kingdom...only spirit creatures can enter...

"flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom," 1 Corinthians 15:50

Oh and if satan and the angels are going into the everlasting fire, it means they must be immortal to experience it forever. So your own bible quotes prove you are wrong.
Fire is destruction...the fire being everlasting demonstrates permeance...

Not me. Jesus existed day one with god, both in the form of immortals.
Wrong...if he was immortal at that time, he was not subject to death, ever...

Not me. Jesus existed day one with god, both in the form of immortals.
Nah, Jesus was a dude. Plain old white guy of Palestinian origin. A jew, if you will.

So god, made himself a human so that he could basically commit suicide, so that he could then resurrect himself back into being a god again???

And he did all that for us???

Surely a real god could devise a much more elegant, and simple way to accomplish whatever goal he was trying to accomplish?

Talk about a train-wreck of a plan.

So god, made himself a human so that he could basically commit suicide, so that he could then resurrect himself back into being a god again???

And he did all that for us???
That seems to be the story for a large percentage of Christians. Yes.
Surely a real god could devise a much more elegant, and simple way to accomplish whatever goal he was trying to accomplish?

Talk about a train-wreck of a plan.
Uh-huh

Yeah, I don't believe that part. But, I understand the concept described by the quote below.
Today is the 1st day I've seen you be so agreeable...I may convert you yet...:giggle:

Nah, Jesus was a dude. Plain old white guy of Palestinian origin. A jew, if you will.

That is not what Elvira believes. She believes he existed with god from day one, but not in the form of human flesh. She says he was the first angel.

Flesh and blood cannot enter the heavenly kingdom...only spirit creatures can enter...

"flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom," 1 Corinthians 15:50

What that means is that you have to die to enter this kingdom. That is what the death of Jesus demonstrated and taught his followers. It does not mean you had to have always been a spirit creature. This is addressed to human beings, and is not asserting that such things as spirit creatures even exist. Death transforms the followers of Jesus from the flesh to the spirit. It is what happens to human beings. They are transformed. This quote does not refer to what you call spirit creatures. It is addressed to human beings and is about human beings and what death can bring them through following Jesus.

What that means is that you have to die to enter this kingdom. That is what the death of Jesus demonstrated and taught his followers. It does not mean you had to have always been a spirit creature. This is addressed to human beings, and is not asserting that such things as spirit creatures even exist. Death transforms the followers of Jesus from the flesh to the spirit. It is what happens to human beings. They are transformed. This quote does not refer to what you call spirit creatures. It is addressed to human beings and is about human beings and what death can bring them through following Jesus.
Wrong...heaven was not a part of God's purpose for man nor was death the natural, purposed thing for humans...God indicated that he purposed the earth to be full of living humans, not a deteriorating, dying race...

“As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, but the earth he has given to the sons of men.” Psalm 116:15

That purpose will be fulfilled...

"So my word that goes out of my mouth will be.
It will not return to me without results,
But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight,
And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.
" Isaiah 55:11

As someone who actually liked the guy they called Jesus, I'm a little pissed that this god had him murdered. Oh, god had Jesus killed all right. Remember, god sent the boy here to die...or so we are led to believe. So, if that is true, then god killed that boy dead.

I ask. Why?

Isn't it kind of sick to worship a god who murders his own son in front of an entire town? And, what was the point of it anyway? Did he do it just to prove he could? None of this crucifixion myth makes sense.

Is it not much more reasonable to believe that Jesus, the man, stirred enough animus that the locals formed a mob to take him out? No god. Just people doing what they do best, overreacting with violence.
Good question!
I never saw any sense in this "he died for us and our sins" - this mantra that "pious" people repeat and repeat like robots.

First, Jesus had to be hung on a stake to free the Jews from a special curse

Who said he had to be?
What you repeat here is a senseless statement that does not improve by constant repetition.

Who said he had to be?
What you repeat here is a senseless statement that does not improve by constant repetition.
Galatians 3:10,13 explains...

So that means the angels last forever as well, that they are immortal.
No, the destruction lasts forever...angels are not immortal...God can kill them...

Today is the 1st day I've seen you be so agreeable...I may convert you yet...:giggle:
We may not believe the same things, but I respect consistency.

That is not what Elvira believes. She believes he existed with god from day one, but not in the form of human flesh. She says he was the first angel.
We're all angels. I'm sticking to that story too.

Back
Top Bottom