• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So I saw "The Conjuring" yesterday..

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Can't say that I was impressed. The first hour and a half was SLOWWWW and the actress that played the mother was horrible and unbelievable.

I give this 2 1/2 stars. Wait till it's out at Redbox, Netflix, or cable. Not worth the full movie price IMO.

Can't say that I was impressed. The first hour and a half was SLOWWWW and the actress that played the mother was horrible and unbelievable.

I give this 2 1/2 stars. Wait till it's out at Redbox, Netflix, or cable. Not worth the full movie price IMO.

I don't know TGND ... saw it as well and think it was better than that ... it was slow at first (but not for an hour and a half), but if you go in not expecting the best horror film of all time, it was better than usual ... Rottentomatoes gave it an 85% and the audience 89% ... I'd give it a 3 1/2, maybe a 4 (because my 18 year old son liked it more than I did) out of 5 ...

What have been your favorite scary" films ... I'm old, so Psycho is still up there for me, I liked the first Aliens, and thought The Grudge was pretty scary, Silence of the Lambs, the Shining and the Ring were decent enough, ... (I thought the book the Exorcist was scary, but the movie disappointed) ..

I don't know TGND ... saw it as well and think it was better than that ... it was slow at first (but not for an hour and a half), but if you go in not expecting the best horror film of all time, it was better than usual ... Rottentomatoes gave it an 85% and the audience 89% ... I'd give it a 3 1/2, maybe a 4 (because my 18 year old son liked it more than I did) out of 5 ...

What have been your favorite scary" films ... I'm old, so Psycho is still up there for me, I liked the first Aliens, and thought The Grudge was pretty scary, Silence of the Lambs, the Shining and the Ring were decent enough, ... (I thought the book the Exorcist was scary, but the movie disappointed) ..

I like movies that scare the bejeezus outta me. "The Exorcist" still ranks right up there. I like the mind-**** movies...like "The Cube" series.

"The Conjuring" wasn't what I'd call a scary movie, which is what I was expecting. It had a few surprise moments due to surprise factor, but not at all scary, IMHO.

Horror movies do nothing for me. I'd rather watch any movie where Seth Rogen acts like a dumbass for 90 minutes.

The family that allegedly experienced this haunting claims that not all the "experiences" were portrayed in the movie.

The family says a lot of the more creepy encounters were left out of the movie.

The best part is that the family just "accepts" this (ghosts)..

Disagree. ;)

The girls and I saw it on Saturday. Between 3 tickets, popcorn and soda, we spent $40 and it was $40 well spent. In fact, we were all talking the next day about how we can't wait for it to come out on Bluray. Scared us to death. I didn't even think the first part was slow. It was building up, which made the payoff that much scarier, to me.

The family that allegedly experienced this haunting claims that not all the "experiences" were portrayed in the movie.

The family says a lot of the more creepy encounters were left out of the movie.

The best part is that the family just "accepts" this (ghosts)..

They didn't have a choice. They couldn't leave. The entity attached itself to them, so even if they moved, they would still have the problem.

They didn't have a choice. They couldn't leave. The entity attached itself to them, so even if they moved, they would still have the problem.

I can't look. I'm thinking of maybe seeing that movie. :)

Disagree. ;)

The girls and I saw it on Saturday. Between 3 tickets, popcorn and soda, we spent $40 and it was $40 well spent. In fact, we were all talking the next day about how we can't wait for it to come out on Bluray. Scared us to death. I didn't even think the first part was slow. It was building up, which made the payoff that much scarier, to me.

What a waste. For 40 bucks, you could've had a half hour with me. That's including discount.

What a waste. For 40 bucks, you could've had a half hour with me. That's including discount.

You're awfully cheap.

A half-hour? That's about 20 minutes longer than I need, or so I've been told. What kind of discount would I get if I (or you :lol: ) only needed 10 minutes?

A half-hour? That's about 20 minutes longer than I need, or so I've been told. What kind of discount would I get if I (or you :lol: ) only needed 10 minutes?

Same price. I'm a pretty good cuddler.

I find today's scary/horror flicks so unbelievable that they actually make me laugh or sleep. You know when something looks real or possible, otherwise I feel like it's Saturday morning cartoons.

I find today's scary/horror flicks so unbelievable that they actually make me laugh or sleep. You know when something looks real or possible, otherwise I feel like it's Saturday morning cartoons.

Maybe Im just immune to horror in the traditional sense of the word. I think real life scares me more than any movie could.

Maybe Im just immune to horror in the traditional sense of the word. I think real life scares me more than any movie could.

I've seen enough of the real thing now that make believe doesn't turn me on or have much impact either.

I've seen enough of the real thing now that make believe doesn't turn me on or have much impact either.

Same here. I gave up on fairy-tales and things lurking under the beds a long time ago.

Same here. I gave up on fairy-tales and things lurking under the beds a long time ago.

I just saw "Jack Reacher" with Tom Cruise and I find this kind of movie a refreshing break from all the CGI/Fantasy driven epics that bombard the big screens. I like those types of shows but a little variety with good story telling and acting is nice.

I just saw "Jack Reacher" with Tom Cruise and I find this kind of movie a refreshing break from all the CGI/Fantasy driven epics that bombard the big screens. I like those types of shows but a little variety with good story telling and acting is nice.

I think that's why I love reading so much. Nothing like getting engrossed in a good book. Too bad life is too hectic for much reading escape.

I think that's why I love reading so much. Nothing like getting engrossed in a good book. Too bad life is too hectic for much reading escape.

The world is changing so fast and taking so much just to survive anymore. Much of what people find fascinating and interesting I don't get at all.

me and the wife saw The Conjuring the other day, mostly because we live about 15 min from that house, I used to work with Andrea, and I'm friends with her (slightly out of touch currently) and promised I'd go see it. She said its not 100% accurate, but she talked about some of the freaky things that happened to them long before she wrote that book. Personally I'm not a huge horror flick fan, I often find myself chuckling during the "scary parts", it was moderately entertaining though. The current owners of the house are pretty upset, people are showing up in the middle of the night looking for that tree (which would be 250~ years old now?), and they think the Perrons are making it all up for a quick buck.

Back
Top Bottom