• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, how many are still for juveniles still being treated like babies. Read this.

At least one of these kids had a past legal encounter. What the article doesn't say, is for what. There's no way, according to the article, that anyone could have seen this coming.

As to your question. Treating highly violent kids, as juveniles in the legal system makes no sense to me. Put them in jail until they turn a certain age then let them go and expunge their record? What sense does that make? None.

Of course, it will be ruled not to have been racially motivated, this was a "love crime", simply targeting a "random" person for execution, no civil rights violation possible there at all. It will, however, be said to be racially motivated if they (the state) charge/try all involved as adults (possibly seeking the death penalty) since obviously only one of these morons fired the single, fatal shot - the rest will be said to have been "good boys" that would never do anything like that.

If these kids had some consequences earlier in their lives then maybe this would never have happened.

Great. They got the kids and the kids will be punished but this stuff doesn't just pop up out of nowhere. At least one parent acknowledged that her kid was in a "wannabe gang" and the kids were posting stuff on the web. Well hell, woman, when your kid is in a "wannabe gang" don't you think you might want to exercise a little discipline!?

There doesn't seem to be much information out there about the kids. It seems that the only time they have a data dump about a teenager is when they're the victim instead of the suspect (which goes right along with the "consequences" stuff I mentioned earlier). I'm just guessing here but I'd be willing to bet that all three come from single parent homes and that no male authority figure exists in their lives beyond child support and visits on Friday where they play Xbox as "daddy" heads out to track some strange.

Back
Top Bottom