• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, how did GWB make out from the Iraq War?

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Seems like a lot of people thought that George W Bush went to war over oil, being from Texas and all it makes perfect sense. :roll: And then he convinced Hillary, Kerry, Biden, and many others to sign the Iraq Resolution in one on one conversations with them, they probably didn't have any intel or anything, he just told them there were WMD's and that was good enough. So after all is said and done, how much money do you think GW made off the war?

Seems like a lot of people thought that George W Bush went to war over oil, being from Texas and all it makes perfect sense. :roll: And then he convinced Hillary, Kerry, Biden, and many others to sign the Iraq Resolution in one on one conversations with them, they probably didn't have any intel or anything, he just told them there were WMD's and that was good enough. So after all is said and done, how much money do you think GW made off the war?

I think Cheney was the one that "made off" well compared to Bush. Cheney had much more invested in going into Iraq and staying there.

Wrong forum for this, tinfoil alley is a few stops down the way.

I think Cheney was the one that "made off" well compared to Bush. Cheney had much more invested in going into Iraq and staying there.

Oh okay, how much do you think Cheney made?

What were those investments?

Oh okay, how much do you think Cheney made?

Cheney got about 34 million from Halliburton which in turn gave them supreme access for contracts in Iraq. He also had investments within the company as well as stock options that obviously did better the better that Halliburton did.

Cheney got about 34 million from Halliburton which in turn gave them supreme access for contracts in Iraq. He also had investments within the company as well as stock options that obviously did better the better that Halliburton did.

That's pretty cold blooded of Cheney to cause all of those deaths and all of that money we've spent as a country in Iraq. Are you sure about this?

He got a 34 million dollar bonus when he left Halliburton to become VP. Only took a couple more years for his plan to materialize.

Contractors reap $138bn from Iraq war - FT.com

There's a lot you can read about. I'm sure that it was all a little coincidence though. ;)

Looks like the current CEO is earning $1.26 million in salary and $28.1 million in bonuses, stocks, and other. Do you think they'll expect him to start the next war?

David J Lesar, CEO Compensation - Forbes.com

Wow, Bush must have been one hell of a Svengali to convince so many people to vote against their conscious.

He got a 34 million dollar bonus when he left Halliburton to become VP. Only took a couple more years for his plan to materialize.

Contractors reap $138bn from Iraq war - FT.com

There's a lot you can read about. I'm sure that it was all a little coincidence though. ;)

So you are saying they paid up front to get the contracts they never knew would exist?

Is that what you are saying here?

So you are saying they paid up front to get the contracts they never knew would exist?

Is that what you are saying here?

I'm stating that the war that we were sent to under false reasoning greatly benefited Cheney as well as his former company. Companies often pay people large sums of money to get future political kickbacks. This is simply another example of it.

I'm stating that the war that we were sent to under false reasoning greatly benefited Cheney as well as his former company. Companies often pay people large sums of money to get future political kickbacks. This is simply another example of it.

Saying Cheney got paid in advance for favors is a huge stretch.

You will have to prove he had contact with the company after he became VP.

Back
Top Bottom