• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So house GOP. Stop waisting our time and money on lost isssues.

Hey you US House GOP members have the right to have as conservative views as you want but you have to know banning abortion,ending Obamacare and all of your other far right views are not the opinion of most Americans and have no chance to pass the senate and if it does get the presidents OK. We have 12 million people out of work but instead of adressing that you try to cut foodstamps. Never mind the fact if we get people working again foodstamps usage would go down and of course it stands no chance of passing.

I though you conservatives where the tightwads. If so then why are you waisting money and time debating issues that are lost and ignoring the real issue. Jobs. Not only are right wingers waisting money in the house but at the state level with redneck laws they know will be thrown out of court as unconstitutional. They just can't hack the fact the Majority of Americans have turned against them onm social issues,immagration and even the fiscal issues which are supposed to be the GOP's strong point. I guess not with their actions of late.

The bottom line is don't push ideas that have no chance to pass just to appease the far right. That is not using tax payer money in a wise way. This war on woman,minorities and the poor has to end and the right need to wake up and smell the coffee.

You do realize that elected officials represent their districts, not those outside their districts? So if a conservative is pushing pro-life issues its because that is what his or her constituents IE bosses want.Its the same with a liberal pushing pro-abortion issues, its due to the fact that is what that elected official's constituents IE bosses want. I am sure you being a extreme left winger elect your elected officials to push what you want, not the views of anyone outside your district's views. So the opinion of the majority of Americans is totally irrelevant to what individual elected officials do, unless of course that elected official happens to president(seeing how the district he represents is the whole country)

I really don't know enough to have an opinion on that one my friend but Roe vs Wade is the law of the land the SCOTUS is going to shoot down anything that even comes close to repealing it even if you had GOP control. It is a waise of time and money just to make the Jesus freaks happy and you know it.

Perhaps a brief review of Roe v. Wade is in order. A trimester is three months or about 13 weeks, yet "pro-choice" folks now pretend that 20 weeks is less than that. The SCOUS did not say that abortion is an unrestricted right of the "mother" up until the actual live birth has been recorded, it did set guidelines allowing for limits.

Roe v. Wade
410 U.S. 113 (1973)

The central court decision that created current abortion law in the U.S. is Roe v. Wade. In this
1973 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that women had a constitutional right to abortion, and
that this right was based on an implied right to personal privacy emanating from the Ninth and
Fourteenth Amendments.

In Roe v. Wade the Court said that a fetus is not a person but "potential life," and thus does not
have constitutional rights of its own. The Court also set up a framework in which the woman's
right to abortion and the state's right to protect potential life shift: during the first trimester of
pregnancy, a woman's privacy right is strongest and the state may not regulate abortion for any
reason; during the second trimester, the state may regulate abortion only to protect the health of
the woman; during the third trimester, the state may regulate or prohibit abortion to promote its
interest in the potential life of the fetus, except where abortion is necessary to preserve the
woman's life or health.

http://old.usccb.org/prolife/issues/abortion/roevwade/CaseSummariesforwebsite4-18.pdf

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

They know their right wing crap has no chance of passing but they do it anyway. Is that not a waist of time and money?

Yes it is exactly the same thing the Senate does. I truly love gridlock.

Remember that the next time you need a unemployment check.

I'm self employed and past retirement age. I don't do unemployment. But more to the point my political views are not clouded by what is best for me. They are based on what I believe is best for the country.

I'm self employed and past retirement age. I don't do unemployment. But more to the point my political views are not clouded by what is best for me. They are based on what I believe is best for the country.

People not getting unemployment checks is best for this country? You not getting you SSI check is good for this country? Vet's not getting their VA is good for this country? People not getting disability when they get hurt on the job is good for this country? Get a clue.

People not getting unemployment checks is best for this country? You not getting you SSI check is good for this country? Vet's not getting their VA is good for this country? People not getting disability when they get hurt on the job is good for this country? Get a clue.

No, you get a clue. I didn't say any of those things. You were talking about me personally and I corrected what you said. Go read again. You'll get it.

They know their right wing crap has no chance of passing but they do it anyway.

This is a problem. Some of the bills that get proposed are absurd when looking at them from a national perspective. Some have a sort of logic to them but its such a twisted attempt at bypassing existing standards/restrictions that anyone who pays attention knows it has 0% chance of passing. This may qualify as a conspiracy theory but .... I honestly feel like the proponents know this. I don't mean they think its unlikely to pass but has a small chance, I mean they're 100% positive it will die soon after its conception. The reason being, as was pointed out earlier....

elected officials represent their districts

..... and the problem is PEOPLE. They eat that **** up, they love it, their elected official is fighting for their (radical, and often religiously inspired) views. Politician scores points with voter base, law has no chance of doing any actual damage, people are happier someones fighting for what they think is right. The dems do this too, maybe on a smaller scale or maybe I just don't see it as much because they target issues of a different nature. I'm sure a libertarian can step in with examples that include more free stuff/spending (thats not a jab, I'm sure the proposals are there).

People need to wake up and realize they're part of a very diverse nation that extends beyond the borders of their district. Politicians need to stop playing off the childish/mob mentality that seems to seize certain regions of the country when it comes to certain issues, because it only reinforces that mentality in future generations and the idea that they have to continue the fight and never back down. But when some are willing to do anything, compromise any personal standard, say anything it takes, take whatever position it takes, to get elected, then the honest guys who truly want whats best for the country always lose. To be an eagle you must first don the skin of a snake, after which it is difficult to fly, much less go back to being an eagle.

..... and the problem is PEOPLE. They eat that **** up, they love it, their elected official is fighting for their (radical, and often religiously inspired) views. Politician scores points with voter base, law has no chance of doing any actual damage, people are happier someones fighting for what they think is right. The dems do this too, maybe on a smaller scale or maybe I just don't see it as much because they target issues of a different nature. I'm sure a libertarian can step in with examples that include more free stuff/spending (thats not a jab, I'm sure the proposals are there).

People need to wake up and realize they're part of a very diverse nation that extends beyond the borders of their district. Politicians need to stop playing off the childish/mob mentality that seems to seize certain regions of the country when it comes to certain issues, because it only reinforces that mentality in future generations and the idea that they have to continue the fight and never back down. But when some are willing to do anything, compromise any personal standard, say anything it takes, take whatever position it takes, to get elected, then the honest guys who truly want whats best for the country always lose. To be an eagle you must first don the skin of a snake, after which it is difficult to fly, much less go back to being an eagle.

Again elected officials are only supposed to represent and carry out the interests of the voters in their district.That is what they are supposed to do.An elected official from Oklahoma is not supposed to represent and carry out the interests of New York or any other state outside Oklahoma, just like a representative from Rhode Island is not supposed to represent and carry out the interests of Texas or any other state outside Rhode Island and the president is only supposed to represent and carry out the interests of only Americans. This is why elected officials are elected in the first place.

Hey you US House GOP members have the right to have as conservative views as you want but you have to know banning abortion,ending Obamacare and all of your other far right views are not the opinion of most Americans and have no chance to pass the senate and if it does get the presidents OK. We have 12 million people out of work but instead of adressing that you try to cut foodstamps. Never mind the fact if we get people working again foodstamps usage would go down and of course it stands no chance of passing.

I though you conservatives where the tightwads. If so then why are you waisting money and time debating issues that are lost and ignoring the real issue. Jobs. Not only are right wingers waisting money in the house but at the state level with redneck laws they know will be thrown out of court as unconstitutional. They just can't hack the fact the Majority of Americans have turned against them onm social issues,immagration and even the fiscal issues which are supposed to be the GOP's strong point. I guess not with their actions of late.

The bottom line is don't push ideas that have no chance to pass just to appease the far right. That is not using tax payer money in a wise way. This war on woman,minorities and the poor has to end and the right need to wake up and smell the coffee.

You must be upset with the Senate Democrats for spending so much time on an immigration bill fated to go nowhere, right?

Back
Top Bottom