• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So house GOP. Is it time to adress the economy?

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The house has waisted time on trying to end Obamacare 38 times and a ban on late term abortions that had no chance of passing while 12 million people are still out of work. The only thing the house GOP has done is tried to cut their food stamps like the facsist tightwads they are. I think it is time for the house to try to do something about the bad economy like for instance telling their rich buddies to start hiring again. That would be a start by the party of the selfish and mean. Lets get with it you lunkheads and stop pushing your right wing agenda that does not represent the majority of Americans.

I think two things are clear. The teapartiers intend on stopping everything of substance. And Boehner is impotent to do anything about it even if he wanted to, which is questionable at best.

I think two things are clear. The teapartiers intend on stopping everything of substance. And Boehner is impotent to do anything about it even if he wanted to, which is questionable at best.

I think that is why all the crazy **** is trying to go thru. They want to make the Tea baggers happy by saying we tried. Now it is time to get something done. There is a reason house GOP members are as popular as VD.

If they are a majority in the House they represent the majority of Americans by definition, right? For the rest of your screed - ask Nancy Pelosi, maybe her wealthy friends will give up some geld (don't hold your breath).

If they are a majority in the House they represent the majority of Americans by definition, right? For the rest of your screed - ask Nancy Pelosi, maybe her wealthy friends will give up some geld (don't hold your breath).

Far right wing nuts are not the majority of Americans my friend and if it was not for Jerrymandering in red states the GOP would not have the majority in the house. It is time for the wing nuts to do their jobs and stop trying to push far right BS thru when they know it stands no chance.

Far right wing nuts are not the majority of Americans my friend and if it was not for Jerrymandering in red states the GOP would not have the majority in the house. It is time for the wing nuts to do their jobs and stop trying to push far right BS thru when they know it stands no chance.

Without gerrymandering, there would be far fewer colors in the House...

But like Obama they lied during their campaigns and claimed that getting citizens back to employment was their primary goal. So just as I have to bash Obama on not leading as he campaigned, I have to note that teabaggers aren't focusing on the topics that they claimed they would and therefore are not really representing the people or the majority of Americans. Major fail on your part. Polls have proved beyond a doubt that they are no longer paying attention to what their constituents want.

What do you suppose "they" should "do about the economy"? I assume you aren't seriously suggesting that they should call up their rich friends and tell them to start hiring. Or is that something you find plausible?

I don't disagree that they waste a lot of time putting up bills that will never pass. It shows you how stupid and immature most of them are. But "the economy" isn't something you can "do something about". For one thing, the economy isn't terrible. Most people who want jobs already have jobs.

But like Obama they lied during their campaigns and claimed that getting citizens back to employment was their primary goal. So just as I have to bash Obama on not leading as he campaigned, I have to note that teabaggers aren't focusing on the topics that they claimed they would and therefore are not really representing the people or the majority of Americans. Major fail on your part. Polls have proved beyond a doubt that they are no longer paying attention to what their constituents want.

That was the point of my thread my friend. Most Americans are not far right wing idiots but most of what the house has pushed this year is far right BS. It is time for them to do their jobs and not push idealology.

Voting Americans, yes indeed. You do know what the House of Representatives is all about, right? It's in the title. Seats are proportional to the population size.

What do you suppose "they" should "do about the economy"? I assume you aren't seriously suggesting that they should call up their rich friends and tell them to start hiring. Or is that something you find plausible?

I don't disagree that they waste a lot of time putting up bills that will never pass. It shows you how stupid and immature most of them are. But "the economy" isn't something you can "do something about". For one thing, the economy isn't terrible. Most people who want jobs already have jobs.

If you are right then how come polititions get blamed for the bad economy.2012 was the exception because Obama was not in charge when the economy went south and Bush got blamed. Yes these is something they can do and they are not doing it. Doing something about outsourcing would be a start.

Voting Americans, yes indeed. You do know what the House of Representatives is all about, right? It's in the title. Seats are proportional to the population size.

Then why do unpopulated red states have more represtation in the house.

I'll buy a bit of that, but that's how politics and elections work. The republicans have the majority of seats, and thus the majority of support because a majority of them won their elections. We'll see how accurate the non-election issue polling you're relying upon is come the mid-terms. My guess, the republicans will lose a couple seats but still retain a majority.

The house has waisted time on trying to end Obamacare 38 times and a ban on late term abortions that had no chance of passing while 12 million people are still out of work. The only thing the house GOP has done is tried to cut their food stamps like the facsist tightwads they are. I think it is time for the house to try to do something about the bad economy like for instance telling their rich buddies to start hiring again. That would be a start by the party of the selfish and mean. Lets get with it you lunkheads and stop pushing your right wing agenda that does not represent the majority of Americans.

The Tea Party Occupation Forces in the House can't address the economy. They have nothing to offer but more discredited and failed policies that gave us the Bush Meltdown.

Boy do you need a civics lesson.

Some advocating that others may need Civics lessons might want to peer into a mirror...

So, what do you suggest they do about outsourcing? Other than "something", which is a bit vague....please offer something specific. Lets forgo the concept of "calling up your rich buddies and telling them....".

...and please don't feel limited to outsourcing. Tell me what (rational) action you would expect of them.

Thanks.

If you are right then how come polititions get blamed for the bad economy.2012 was the exception because Obama was not in charge when the economy went south and Bush got blamed. Yes these is something they can do and they are not doing it. Doing something about outsourcing would be a start.

If I did I'd get it from someone who knows what they're talking about and isn't a fanatic.

You still need a civics lesson, but do your best to pretend what you said was accurate.

Outsourcing? What do you propose that they should do about outsourcing?

At least you are fair about your bashing.

They don't. House representation is proportional...

If that was true then why is the GOP Jerrymandering in Wis,Penn,Tex,Fl and Mich to gain an advantage in those traditional blue or swing states. They also tried it in Ohio but it was defeated. That is why the house is consevative and will stay that way unless they really act like right wing morons.

Back
Top Bottom