• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So GOP. Who is going to beat Hillary if she runs?

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
So who is going to be the next Rat Master Ronnie and lead us all to the great right wing utopia my right wing friends or are you going to get your butts kicked again in 2016? All this anti abortion BS,anti immagration reform and a continued war on the poor will not hurt your side at all. Is that really what you think my right wing friends. I think it is time to pull your heads and change your redneck ways or else.

So who is going to be the next Rat Master Ronnie and lead us all to the great right wing utopia my right wing friends or are you going to get your butts kicked again in 2016? All this anti abortion BS,anti immagration reform and a continued war on the poor will not hurt your side at all. Is that really what you think my right wing friends. I think it is time to pull your heads and change your redneck ways or else.

I think Hillary is probably the strongest candidate of either side in a vacuum, but you are being way to optimistic for your side. There's no telling what the partisan climate would be in 2016. It's not like Obama or the Democrats are especially popular right now.

I think Hillary is probably the strongest candidate of either side in a vacuum, but you are being way to optimistic for your side. There's no telling what the partisan climate would be in 2016. It's not like Obama or the Democrats are especially popular right now.

The GOP with their far right ideals is really unpopular right now. Unless they change their ways they are toast.

The GOP with their far right ideals is really unpopular right now. Unless they change their ways they are toast.

Just like the Democratic party was after Reconstruction, the Republican party through FDR and Truman, and the Democratic party when they got absolutely hammered between Nixon and Bush 1. The Republican party is going nowhere.

Just like the Democratic party was after Reconstruction, the Republican party through FDR and Truman, and the Democratic party when they got absolutely hammered between Nixon and Bush 1. The Republican party is going nowhere.

I used to respect some in the GOP. Now with the Michele Bachmann's and Louie Gohmert's I can't even respect them much less like them. Until they purge the Jesus frsaks and rednecks they will continue to lose.

I used to respect some in the GOP. Now with the Michele Bachmann's and Louie Gohmert's I can't even respect them much less like them. Until they purge the Jesus frsaks and rednecks they will continue to lose.

They aren't all Michele Bachmanns, those types just seem to be the loudest sometimes. And even with the unpopularity of Republican party, soon it will adjust and people will become disorientated with the Democratic party's continued winning and the Republican party will be elected again.

You know....I'm not saying she won't be the candidate (much less win), but if a Republican is the next President, you better be prepared to bend over and take it like a man, because the "I-told-you-so's" will be in force.

The GOP is going to face a more intensified version of their problems in 2012. To wit:

In order to secure the nomination, the candidate needs to swing hard to the right during the primary. To win the election, the candidate has to snap back to the center.

After Romney's failure -- and how the right joined him in a bubble where his victory was assured, when in reality he was beaten by nearly 5 million popular votes and 126 electoral votes -- I don't think the right will tolerate the "snap to center." And in an era where any conversation by a candidate can be recorded and reported, it's unlikely that the independent voters will buy it either.

Plus, the Republicans are wrecking their chances with the Hispanic community. The far right will not tolerate a candidate who supports any sort of immigration reform, i.e. Rubio is already dead in the water.

Of course, anything can happen. But right after the election, the Republicans had a brief moment to reflect. Should they modify the platform and move to the center, or swing even harder to the right? So far, despite the attempts of the "establishment" Republicans, they seem to be doubling down on conservatism. It's very likely to cost them the presidency... yet again.

Plus, the Republicans are wrecking their chances with the Hispanic community. The far right will not tolerate a candidate who supports any sort of immigration reform, i.e. Rubio is already dead in the water.

The Hispanics will NEVER vote for Republicans. The left will always exploit the ignorant ones, and keep them in their pocket.

Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States.

The Hispanics will NEVER vote for Republicans. The left will always exploit the ignorant ones, and keep them in their pocket.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Bush got 40 something percent of them in 2004 and polls have shown that as they get more integrated in American society they do become more Republican, although they still lean Democrat. Demographics and voting tendencies change. That doesn't necessarily mean the Republicans need to go out and specifically target Hispanics though.

Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States.

--------------
I dunno CJ.
Bush fatigue versus Clinton fatigue.
Maybe Jeb could win the general election, but can he overcome his RINO reputation to win the GOP primary?

I think by 2016 most Americans will be so sick of Obama, the Democrats will not have a chance of seeing anyone associated with Obama or the Democrat Party sitting in the White House.

Hillary's performance as Secretary of State was second rate just like the entire Obama administration. Does the Democrat Party not care about America and would run another incompetent person for POTUS ?

The only hope the Democrats have, is continuing having a close liaison with the MSM so the majority of the voters who go to the polls in 2016 are uninformed or misinformed. It worked well in 2008 and 2012.

--------------
I dunno CJ.
Bush fatigue versus Clinton fatigue.
Maybe Jeb could win the general election, but can he overcome his RINO reputation to win the GOP primary?

Much as many liberals won't admit it, Clinton has been damaged by Benghazi and the way she left the State Department with so many problems with US relations around the world.

Jeb Bush is very much like his father and not at all like his brother - people see that and know it - Bush 1 would have been reelected had Ross Perot not stolen the Presidency for Clinton.

Jeb Bush has the prototypical family for 21st century America - a true amalgamation of deep rooted American history and new immigrant hispanic flavor. And the Bush's don't carry the same immigration reform baggage that much of the Republican Party does. Bush 2 got over 40% of the hispanic vote in both his elections - such numbers would have resulted in a President Romney now. I see no reason why Jeb Bush can't regain that kind of voter split, if not more, as the Republican nominee in 2016. And if a Christie or another Republican not tainted by 2012 or immigration were to be his running mate, that would be a formidable ticket.

Much as many liberals won't admit it, Clinton has been damaged by Benghazi and the way she left the State Department with so many problems with US relations around the world.

Jeb Bush is very much like his father and not at all like his brother - people see that and know it - Bush 1 would have been reelected had Ross Perot not stolen the Presidency for Clinton.

Jeb Bush has the prototypical family for 21st century America - a true amalgamation of deep rooted American history and new immigrant hispanic flavor. And the Bush's don't carry the same immigration reform baggage that much of the Republican Party does. Bush 2 got over 40% of the hispanic vote in both his elections - such numbers would have resulted in a President Romney now. I see no reason why Jeb Bush can't regain that kind of voter split, if not more, as the Republican nominee in 2016. And if a Christie or another Republican not tainted by 2012 or immigration were to be his running mate, that would be a formidable ticket.
---------------
Maybe so.
You know what's funny about 2016?
I'm actually, inexplicably, looking forward to the campaign.
Is that sick or what?

no need to falsely paint all republicans with the same brush like that, when you start a thread with blind partisan like that its quickly tainted and hard to take seriously.

Anyway on to the foundation of your post.

If Hilary runs who can currently beat her?

well i agree with you, currently nobody that im aware of has the support or ability BUT that could change in the future.

In general "Currently" Chris Christie has the best chance to win for the GOP but i dont think he beats hilary

---------------
Maybe so.
You know what's funny about 2016?
I'm actually, inexplicably, looking forward to the campaign.
Is that sick or what?

Not really - I think much of America now has Obama fatigue, even if it's a little late for many of us - people are looking forward to a time when you have a competent President who doesn't make everything personal and is more interested in the country and not his place in the country.

Not really - I think much of America now has Obama fatigue, even if it's a little late for many of us - people are looking forward to a time when you have a competent President who doesn't make everything personal and is more interested in the country and not his place in the country.[/QUOTE

That pretty much leaves both parties out.

The conservatives are apparently working hard to make this a self-fulfilling prophesy. Referring to an entire ethnic group as "ignorant" is a typical example.

As noted already, Bush 43 actually did OK with Hispanics; both Rick Perry and Rubio could have made a good showing with Hispanics nationally, if the conservatives hadn't belly-flopped all over the immigration issue. Contrary to partisan beliefs, Hispancis tend to be socially conservative, and many work very hard at difficult low-paying jobs that native-born Americans wouldn't even consider, even in a bad economy.

By the way, Texas is around 40% Hispanic. If you genuinely believe that Republicans should write off Hispanics, then you should get ready to kiss Texas goodbye -- and with it, pretty much every Presidential election for years to come.

Bobby Jindal
Chris Christy
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Sam Brownback

Much as many liberals won't admit it, Clinton has been damaged by Benghazi....
The only people who care about Benghazi are the ones who were never going to vote for Hilary (or any Democrat) in the first place. Really.

the way she left the State Department with so many problems with US relations around the world.
Riiiight.

Jeb Bush is very much like his father and not at all like his brother - people see that and know it
No one outside of Florida knows much about Jeb, except his last name.

Bush 1 would have been reelected had Ross Perot not stolen the Presidency for Clinton.
What is this, The Man in the High Castle?

No one could possibly state definitively the results of a counterfactual scenario like that.

the Bush's don't carry the same immigration reform baggage that much of the Republican Party does.
Jeb will have to do a little more than trot out his wife to gain traction with Hispanci voters.

Bush 2 got over 40% of the hispanic vote in both his elections - such numbers would have resulted in a President Romney now. I see no reason why Jeb Bush can't regain that kind of voter split....
Bush 43 also pushed for immigration reform.

And if a Christie or another Republican not tainted by 2012 or immigration were to be his running mate, that would be a formidable ticket.
I'm sorry, but the conservatives would have an aneurysm if Christie was on the ticket.

The conservatives are apparently working hard to make this a self-fulfilling prophesy. Referring to an entire ethnic group as "ignorant" is a typical example.

Who says that? I mean besides Joe Biden and Howard Dean and Jessie Jackson and numerous other democrats.

The only people who care about Benghazi are the ones who were never going to vote for Hilary (or any Democrat) in the first place. Really.

Riiiight.

No one outside of Florida knows much about Jeb, except his last name.

What is this, The Man in the High Castle?

No one could possibly state definitively the results of a counterfactual scenario like that.

Jeb will have to do a little more than trot out his wife to gain traction with Hispanci voters.

Bush 43 also pushed for immigration reform.

I'm sorry, but the conservatives would have an aneurysm if Christie was on the ticket.

You've been spending far too much time with Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

dont know if ill be able to find the posts but i said if obama gets reelected 2nd term, america will have 16 years of democratic presidents, 2008-2024. this was based on the guess that Hilary runs.

This guess hasnt changed and wont until i see somebody on the GOP side i think can win, currently thats only christie but currently i dont think he beats hilary.

if things get bad for the dems though and he is still the top guy IMO he could possible unseat her after her first term. in 2020.

but ask me again in 2016, since my answer isnt based on emotion or wants etc but based off what IMO i see in reality my answer could be totally different

Back
Top Bottom