• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So GOP.What would you say if the shoe was on the other foot?

I believe they also won the game by scoring 49 points...

True my friend. They where also trying to stop the Hiesman trophy winner. Oklahoma sure did not do that last year. I hope someone other that the SE conferance wins it this year. I will say this. Alabama has a better chance that the GOP has of stopping the ACA.

The fight is over. The GOP lost. They are hurting the economy and human beings by being so stubborn. They act like the ACA is more important than jobs. They hate any entitlement unless it is to a big corporation. I see your point though. This group of conservatives are more mean and nasty than ever and I know why. They have been getting their heads handed to them on the national level which undermines their victory at the state level. They also know they are losing the culture wars and don't even want to debate it anymore.

Geeze. Well, I certainly disagree with the way you've depicted things.

Consider where this is heading. Frankly, the nation can't afford another liberal/progressive wasteland like California. People who are in need should get help, but the Progressive solution is already proving to be the disaster that had been predicted.

Again, if bringing the government to it's knees is required to do that, so be it. I wish it weren't so, but it seems that may be the only way.

True my friend. They where also trying to stop the Hiesman trophy winner. Oklahoma sure did not do that last year. I hope someone other that the SE conferance wins it this year. I will say this. Alabama has a better chance that the GOP has of stopping the ACA.

If they each play to the best of their ability, both can succeed...

Repeal is out of the queston my friend. The GOP had three chances and lost every time so fixing it is the only option.

Laws are not forever... there are mechanics to remove them.

It is not going to happen. They know the people are going to like it when they get it. Why else would they be fighting it so desperatly for. Remember they also hated social security,medicare,medicade and the VA and now those are loved.

I think you are projecting a bit on the "loved" part.

So you think the push back on Obamacare is because they know it will result in failure, which will result in single payer that people will love. I don't understand. How does that make sense?

Repeal is out of the queston my friend. The GOP had three chances and lost every time so fixing it is the only option.

Sure but taxes haven't gone up because of it yet.

It is either going to be repealed or disappear for lack of funding.

It is not going to happen. They know the people are going to like it when they get it. Why else would they be fighting it so desperatly for. Remember they also hated social security,medicare,medicade and the VA and now those are loved.

You've been drinking that leftist koolaid again. Here's the vote on Medicare:

Summary of Party Affiliation on Medicare [and Medicaid] Vote

SENATE YEA NAY NOT VOTING
Democrats 57 7 4
Republicans 13 17 2

HOUSE YEA NAY NOT VOTING
Democrats 237 48 8
Republicans 70 68 2

Social Security History

The VA has existed since the beginning of our country with the first hospitals coming in 1811.

Not quite the balck and white voting situation you expected.

The fact that the "have nots" like getting something for nothing isn't exactly a novel concept.

Of course they're going to like it.

And I suppose that if the past is any precedent the "haves" are going to roll over and take it despite the copious amount of ****-talking they do.

But you have to figure that eventually folks are going to get sick and ****ing tired of acting as a national ATM.

Will that day come as a result of the ACA?

I don't think so.

But it's going to happen eventually and as the wealth gap widens, and the pace of the widening picks up steam, I'm inclined to believe that some kind of day of reckoning is gonna come sooner rather than later.

When the "haves" put their foot down the "have nots" are going to have to accept it or things are going to come to blows.

The fact that the "have nots" like getting something for nothing isn't exactly a novel concept.

And I suppose that if the past is any precedent the "haves" are going to roll over and take it despite the copious amount of ****-talking they do.

But you have to figure that eventually folks are going to get sick and ****ing tired of acting as a national ATM.

I don't think so.

But it's going to happen eventually and as the wealth gap widens, and the pace of the widening picks up steam, I'm inclined to believe that some kind of day of reckoning is gonna come sooner rather than later.

When the "haves" put their foot down the "have nots" are going to have to accept it or things are going to come to blows.

It depends on what you consider putting their foot down but I suspect ACA will have a very short shelf life.

It's not exactly a wildly popular program as it is and voters have yet to be hit with its costs.

No, I mean liberals that support individual decision making, not those posers looking to the government to take care of everyone...

I am too fat to be a poser my friend. Socialized healthcare is not a handout. Every other first rate country in the free world has healthcare for all. We have fallen behind on so many key medical issues. The rate of deaths at birth. The cost of a hospital bed. 99 dollar plastic bags filled with 15 cents of salt water they call saline solution. The current way our medical system works is not cutting it. There is no excuse for 30 million people to not have healthcare. It is immoral. Why do you side with right wing tightwads on this issue. I thought you where liberal. This every intitlement mantality is the domain of right wingers.

You've been drinking that leftist koolaid again. Here's the vote on Medicare:

The VA has existed since the beginning of our country with the first hospitals coming in 1811.

Not quite the balck and white voting situation you expected.

Be real my friend. Do you really think the president is going to not veto a bill defunding his key victory in his first term? First of all it would never pass the senate anyway and to think otherwise is not only drinking the Tea but eating the hash brownie.

I don't think so.

We are all screwed if American business does not hire the unemployed. This is not a time for right wing selfishness when the economy is so screwed. American business is richer than ever while poor people get screwed by the right wingers fighting for every pro rich tax plan while they are fighting to cut unemployment benifits,food stamps,welfare of all kinds and try to stop a raise in the minimum wage. Now with the gap between the rich and poor being so drastic we need socialized medicene along with all the other entitlements. No jobs no cuts + Obamacare.

Back
Top Bottom