• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So far I'm counting 4 Republicans that condemned trump for meeting with an antisemite, a Nazi antisemite and the guy who said sex between 13yo boys...

He posted the same false quote twice, which makes it unlikely to be a typo. Moreover, the edited quote tends to support his original false claim, so it's a self-interested error.

Okay, so the quote was wrong. What say you about what he ACTUALLY says?

He posted the same false quote twice, which makes it unlikely to be a typo. Moreover, the edited quote tends to support his original false claim, so it's a self-interested error.
No it's not.

The other quote also proves my point also.

Okay, so the quote was wrong. What say you about what he ACTUALLY says?
What he actually said does not support Nolan's original false claim, that Nick admits being a Nazi sympathizer.

The quote from Wikipedia is false. The statement in question (which you elected not to directly quote) was praising Putin, not Hitler.
No. That is a direct quote.

......comparing Vladimir Putin to Hitler "as if that wasn't a good thing".[68][42]

See the quotation marks?

See the numbers in brackets. Follow them, they are citations.

Last edited:
No. That is a direct quote.

"........comparing Vladimir Putin to Hitler "as if that wasn't a good thing".[68][42]

See the quotation marks?

See the numbers in brackets. Follow them, they are citations.
If it were a direct quote, it would be false, as Nick didn't refer to himself in the third person. However, I don't believe whoever wrote the Wikipedia article intended the false statement to be taken as a direct quote. The citations also do not contain a full direct quote.

What he actually said does not support Nolan's original false claim, that Nick admits being a Nazi sympathizer.

"I'm just like Hitler." That doesn't make you a sympathizer? What about the "Hitler isn't my hero, but..." comment? Does that get you there?

"I'm just like Hitler." That doesn't make you a sympathizer?
I leave it to the good judgement of the reader to watch the clip in question and decide whether that statement was an instance of serious political commentary.
What about the "Hitler isn't my hero, but..." comment? Does that get you there?
If that quote supported the claim, you wouldn't cut it off part way through.

I leave it to the good judgement of the reader to watch the clip in question and decide whether that statement was an instance of serious political commentary.

If that quote supported the claim, you wouldn't cut it off part way through.

I didn't cut it off. When he said it, it trailed off and then he went on to a different comment. Its a complete quote just the way I wrote it.

I'm embarrassed for you. Getting all worked up over stories like this.
The left can’t function without moralistic outrage, literally everything they do has to include feeling better then everyone else and they’ll invent an outrage if they have to

I didn't cut it off. When he said it, it trailed off and then he went on to a different comment. Its a complete quote just the way I wrote it.
This is false. The full quote was:

"Hitler isn't my hero or anything, but you'd have called Hitler a fakecel."

This is false. The full quote was:

"Hitler isn't my hero or anything, but you'd have called Hitler a fakecel."

Sure, not accounting for the nearly 4 second pause that came between the but and the next part. He was responding to comments on a live feed, so its really hard to tell where one comment ends and the next begins. That said, it STILL doesn't make what Nolan said any less valid.

Sure, not accounting for the nearly 4 second pause that came between the but and the next part. He was responding to comments on a live feed, so its really hard to tell where one comment ends and the next begins. That said, it STILL doesn't make what Nolan said any less valid.
That statement, however one chooses to bisect it, does not include an admission that he is a "Nazi sympathizer".

If it were a direct quote, it would be false, as Nick didn't refer to himself in the third person. However, I don't believe whoever wrote the Wikipedia article intended the false statement to be taken as a direct quote. The citations also do not contain a full direct quote.
He was talking about how the media compares Putin to Hitler. Then said (and this is the direct quote) "as if that wasn't a good thing".[68][42]

He was talking about how the media compares Putin to Hitler. Then said (and this is the direct quote) "as if that wasn't a good thing".[68][42]
That quote is also false. The full quote is:

"And now they're going on about Russia and Vladimir Putin is Hitler . . . they say that's not a good thing. I shouldn't have said . . . I shouldn't have said that. What other way is there to say it, of course we know that's a terrible comparison."

That statement, however one chooses to bisect it, does not include an admission that he is a "Nazi sympathizer".
"All I want is revenge and a total Aryan victory".

That statement does not contain any reference to Hitler or the Nazi Party.

Do you have any evidence at all for the claim that Nick "admitted to being a Nazi sympathizer"? If you're still claiming it with no evidence then it's hard to see how you aren't simply a liar.

That statement does not contain any reference to Hitler or the Nazi Party.

Do you have any evidence at all for the claim that Nick "admitted to being a Nazi sympathizer"? If you're still claiming it with no evidence then it's hard to see how you aren't simply a liar.
Lol.

"Total Aryan victory"

Why all the mental gymnastics to avoid it?

Are you sure he’s not referring to justice for the British colonization? Maybe he’s taking the Hindu pill.

What do you call someone who denies/plays down the Holocaust and calls for an Aryan nation?

Back
Top Bottom