• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So, Erdogan is Issuing USA Ultimatums Now.

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan appeared to give the United States an ultimatum, demanding the extradition of a cleric he believes is behind the failed July 15 coup attempt.

Erdogan said the US would eventually have to choose between its relationship with Turkey and Fethullah Gulen, a former Erdogan ally who has been in self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania since 1999, the state-run Anadolu news agency reported Wednesday.
"Sooner or later the US will make a choice. Either Turkey or FETO," Erdogan said, in reference to the movement headed by Gulen.
Turkey's Erdogan to US: Hand over exiled cleric Gulen - CNNPolitics.com

I have been saying for awhile that Turkey needs to get pushed out of NATO and told that they are not welcome in Europe. Yes I know that means they join team China/Russia. THese people simply cant be trusted, they have low value as a team member.

And lets get our nukes the hell out now, regardless.

Thoughts?

Erdogan's gonna feel pretty stupid when he finds out...

He's ****ing with the wrong people.

This guy makes more miscalculations than even Obama. Also, being unreliable and pissing EVERYONE off is no way to get ahead in this world.

If Turkey were to make a donation to the Clinton Foundation, then that guy just might wake up in Ankara.

Also, being unreliable and pissing EVERYONE off is no way to get ahead in this world.

Funny that is literally the definition of the Trump campaign.

As far as Erdogan goes, I say give him a big middle finger.

Gulen looks like he's knocking on heavens door, honestly, he should have gone on his interview and said "look, I **** my pants three times a day, do I look like I'm part of a conspiracy to overthrow the Turkish Government!"

I feel pretty safe in saying I should get half off. I moderated my statement. Should be a net plus. Half off.

Saying "well, it's only because she isn't president yet" isn't much of a moderation.

If Turkey were to make a donation to the Clinton Foundation, then that guy just might wake up in Ankara.

Merkel seems willing to do as this guy demands (the comedian), so I see where Erdogan gets the idea that it might work again. For sure he does not respect either Europe nor USA. Putin has sure earned his respect though, which I think means Turkey is lost now no matter what we do. Not to mention, how can we support a country that runs as opposed to our values as this one?

Yeah, but it's still funny. And, the FBI seems to be looking into all that CGI money from foreign powers now as well.

I fail to see the humor in the idea that someone could be convinced to betray their country for a donation.

Funny that is literally the definition of the Trump campaign.

As far as Erdogan goes, I say give him a big middle finger.

Gulen looks like he's knocking on heavens door, honestly, he should have gone on his interview and said "look, I **** my pants three times a day, do I look like I'm part of a conspiracy to overthrow the Turkish Government!"

Is there an extradition treaty between the US and Turkey? 'Cuz if the guy is tried and convicted in absentia the US might be obligated to send him home.

Is there an extradition treaty between the US and Turkey? 'Cuz if the guy is tried and convicted in absentia the US might be obligated to send him home.

Lets not pretend that any trial of Gulen absent or not, would be a free or fair one.

I believe extradition treaties have stipulations that the verdict not come out of a Kangaroo Court.

Lets not pretend that any trial of Gulen absent or not, would be a free or fair one.

I believe extradition treaties have stipulations that the verdict not come out of a Kangaroo Court.

Well that is kind of why Snowden fled. Sorry, but unqualified juries that have been brainwashed their whole lives into not knowing what's good for them are no less Kangaroo

Well i actually agree with the OP for once, cut turkey loose, or NATO itself may become obsolete. While we're at it, cut saudi loose

Well that basically invalidates any US extradition treaty... just saying. Most foreigners are given "Kangaroo court" situations when they are handed over to the US.

But has Turkey even requested extradition yet?

He's messing with Obama and John Kerry. They're a couple of weak-willed chumps.

I think he will have to wait for a new President to encounter that experience. Putin was the one he decided he should better listen to. Same as Assad, as a matter of fact.

Turkey's Erdogan to US: Hand over exiled cleric Gulen - CNNPolitics.com

I have been saying for awhile that Turkey needs to get pushed out of NATO and told that they are not welcome in Europe. Yes I know that means they join team China/Russia. THese people simply cant be trusted, they have low value as a team member.

And lets get our nukes the hell out now, regardless.

Thoughts?

The main problem is that pushing Turkey into Russian/Arab arms means that they will destabilize the south flank of Nato and the EU giving the pro Russian forces in Europe a dangerous gain in political clout. This could be really nasty for us.

Back
Top Bottom